I have been able to get it installed, running and working (it seems notify me I have a message with a sound. Also, the pop up feature works if that's your thing), after turning it into a bar file first. Now the question is is anyone out the good enough to integrate it into the hub?

I was hoping to find a older version of BB10 Whatsapp that hasn't got the 31st protocol but i can't seem to find any of them. Are any of you guys able to help out?

WhatsApp Messenger 2.16.155 (Android 2.1+) APK Download by WhatsApp Inc. - APKMirror
    BB Passport up to date OS
    08-20-16 10:28 AM
    I think WhatsApp is just gonna end support for WhatsApp, means there aren't gonna be any future updates for the app but the app is still gonna run the same so no issues with using the old app as it is. isn't that the case ??

Via my awesome Passport SE
    08-20-16 01:14 PM
    Whatsapp will only become an issue in 2017. The old native whatsapp wont work as they (whatsapp) use end-to-end enctryption, so using an outdated app wont work.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-20-16 02:38 PM
    I think WhatsApp is just gonna end support for WhatsApp, means there aren't gonna be any future updates for the app but the app is still gonna run the same so no issues with using the old app as it is. isn't that the case ??

I don't think that they would put up Warnings that they are going to Stop Service, if they weren't going to Stop Service.
    08-20-16 03:52 PM
    I've got Andriod Whatsapp to work &amp; notify-img_20160820_212111.png
    I don't think that they would put up Warnings that they are going to Stop Service, if they weren't going to Stop Service.
    they need to clarify this ..
    08-20-16 08:35 PM
    Right, if any one has a older version of Whatsapp, ie the one before the june update, then you might be able to keep Whats app. However, the current version will turn off. So, where are we now? we need to get the Android app to become integrated into the hub, which is something only BB could do. One does wonder what is happening behind the scenes.
    08-21-16 04:28 PM
    Right, if any one has a older version of Whatsapp, ie the one before the june update, then you might be able to keep Whats app. However, the current version will turn off. So, where are we now? we need to get the Android app to become integrated into the hub, which is something only BB could do. One does wonder what is happening behind the scenes.
    I think nemory is gonna develop the WhatsApp from android version and integrate it to hub. that's what I read couple of days after WhatsApp announced their end of support for bb10, but I couldn't find that blog now, strange....
    08-21-16 05:43 PM
    Right, if any one has a older version of Whatsapp, ie the one before the june update, then you might be able to keep Whats app.
    A WhatsApp dev posted about this a few weeks ago,

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post12490090
    08-21-16 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the link where whatsapp employee has declared hows gonna be after 2016.....But honestly in such cases, because I am coming from the country Serbia, Europe, where we serbian people have very high sense of the word SPITE in my country, or maybe DESPITE is better on english, but not in the meaning of malice, but pure soldiers SPITE, and as I have said, in such cases I would rather honestly uninstall whatsapp and stay without it, but to follow their recommendation to buy an android or iphone.

Man can live without anything except air, water and food........ And in the cases where someone is forcing me to do something which I don't like, and don't suits me, I would rather stay without that than to follow his interests.

We have on the market so many chat apps, which will work. And for the people who exclusively want whatsapp for chatting, I would without any hesitation tell, if you need me (be my brother, sister, parents, business partner etc, whatever), install some of the chat apps which I am using and we will continue our connection.

Nowadays, if you just search a little, most of the people have already installed on their smarthones..... BBM, viber, whatsapp, telegram, skype, facebook messenger, etc, etc..... It's not a big deal where I would send him a note and where he will receive it. He will get the notification on the same smartphone and will reply using that specific app.

Just like my college have said lately, "don't bother me, I have already all those clients installed, where you send me a note, there I will reply to you". 😉

Good luck whatsapp addicted friends. Let's free our minds from the prison and start live free mind life, where no conditioning will survive. ☀

P. S. Just imagine the situation that you think of whatsapp just like an some model of shoes, which are you buying in the stores......... Which model I will personally chose is my business. No advertising can't force me to buy the model, the brand, the colour, etc., which I don't like and which don't suits me. They can spend a billion dollars on such advertise, but if a man is thinking with his own head, nothing can't derange him from his road 😉.

So, let's imagine again the critical mass od people, which will consist of such liberated minds! Whatsapp or any conditioning service, or anything in the world with such intentions, would pray, or adjure people than to use their service. They would hire engineers if they need, and would be happy to do anything what people need and want, just to use them.
    Last edited by Vladislavt; 09-06-16 at 08:02 PM.
    SugaRugby likes this.
    09-06-16 07:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160820_212111.png 
Views:	967 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	406929

they need to clarify this ..
    What part of this notice did you not understand? They state flat out that they are stopping support for those OS on the list you posted.

How much clearer do you need them to be ... they already spelt it out in black and white.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-07-16 04:22 AM
    I think nemory is gonna develop the WhatsApp from android version and integrate it to hub. that's what I read couple of days after WhatsApp announced their end of support for bb10, but I couldn't find that blog now, strange....
    Given his track record, that's of no comfort.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 09:21 AM
    Nemory is/was just going to help integrate the Web version onto our phones (which works).

As much as people wanna say they don't need WhatsApp, and they can send a message countless other ways, I actually DO need it. It is the heart of communication in the UK; people talk on WhatsApp more than ANYTHING else, be it phone calls, facebook messenger or even real life. I get around 3000 messages a day on WhatsApp due to the groups I'm in with my friends, so it's not something I can just drop.

I am very thankful to the dev who put in such hard work over the years I think on his own. But it is disappointing that he decided to stop updating with features because of the announcement. There was a good 6 months left when he stopped, and while people can say "what's the point in updating it if it's gonna die at the end of the year?" - they're saying that out of bitterness. 6 months without quotes has been and will continue to be so difficult to follow what is going on in group chats where it's frequently used. It's like saying you have to give your car back as the lease ends in 6 months, so you don't bother fixing any issues with it as it's going back anyway!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 02:50 AM
    Nemory is/was just going to help integrate the Web version onto our phones (which works).

As much as people wanna say they don't need WhatsApp, and they can send a message countless other ways, I actually DO need it. It is the heart of communication in the UK; people talk on WhatsApp more than ANYTHING else, be it phone calls, facebook messenger or even real life. I get around 3000 messages a day on WhatsApp due to the groups I'm in with my friends, so it's not something I can just drop.

Posted via CB10
    I think he dropped that, he told me it runs awfully slow

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 02:51 AM
    Well, the Symbian version shows a goodbye message when you change the date past 2016, with that message I guess a server block will follow.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 02:53 AM
    Why did they remove WAA Fixer i accidentally un installed it

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 08:09 AM
    Why did they remove WAA Fixer i accidentally un installed it

Posted via CB10
    The dev removed it, he had his reasons

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 08:37 AM

Why are any of you waiting for WhatsApp to dump you?
    In any other relationship, if someone gave you notice you were being dumped by a certain date if you didn't change something about yourself (your phone) ..your weight!? Would you hang out waiting for that date?!
    Heck No not me.. bye bye WhatsApp I've instead found your replacement. https://telegram.org/
    Three unofficial versions are offered in BlackBerry World, I'm using Social Telegram https://trueafrica.co/article/africa...-not-whatsapp/

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 10:04 PM
    Thanks for the link where whatsapp employee has declared hows gonna be after 2016.....But honestly in such cases, because I am coming from the country Serbia, Europe, where we serbian people have very high sense of the word SPITE in my country, or maybe DESPITE is better on english, but not in the meaning of malice, but pure soldiers SPITE, and as I have said, in such cases I would rather honestly uninstall whatsapp and stay without it, but to follow their recommendation to buy an android or iphone.

Man can live without anything except air, water and food........ And in the cases where someone is forcing me to do something which I don't like, and don't suits me, I would rather stay without that than to follow his interests.

We have on the market so many chat apps, which will work. And for the people who exclusively want whatsapp for chatting, I would without any hesitation tell, if you need me (be my brother, sister, parents, business partner etc, whatever), install some of the chat apps which I am using and we will continue our connection.

Nowadays, if you just search a little, most of the people have already installed on their smarthones..... BBM, viber, whatsapp, telegram, skype, facebook messenger, etc, etc..... It's not a big deal where I would send him a note and where he will receive it. He will get the notification on the same smartphone and will reply using that specific app.

Just like my college have said lately, "don't bother me, I have already all those clients installed, where you send me a note, there I will reply to you". 😉

Good luck whatsapp addicted friends. Let's free our minds from the prison and start live free mind life, where no conditioning will survive. ☀

P. S. Just imagine the situation that you think of whatsapp just like an some model of shoes, which are you buying in the stores......... Which model I will personally chose is my business. No advertising can't force me to buy the model, the brand, the colour, etc., which I don't like and which don't suits me. They can spend a billion dollars on such advertise, but if a man is thinking with his own head, nothing can't derange him from his road 😉.

So, let's imagine again the critical mass od people, which will consist of such liberated minds! Whatsapp or any conditioning service, or anything in the world with such intentions, would pray, or adjure people than to use their service. They would hire engineers if they need, and would be happy to do anything what people need and want, just to use them.
    https://trueafrica.co/article/africa...-not-whatsapp/

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    09-24-16 11:08 PM
    One thing came to my mind now...... Just look in the few months, when "dragon of Zuckerberg" desire to buy telegram because they are ruining his businesses 😄😄😄😄😄
    09-25-16 06:31 AM
    Get Chiffry...great secure cross platform messenger app.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 08:30 AM
    I confirm Chiffry is working good an is a cross platform messenger wilt all required functions! The scan function is a good idee for searching other contacts

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 10:48 AM
    Hmm...unless whatsapp stop supporting 4.4 runtime. Or else we still can stay until they stop support this version. Am i right?

Or any chance to get a unofficial app like fast10 ?
    ============

Just found out another alternative apps name Chiffry .
    Might be a must have app with BB10.
    Last edited by locolyric; 10-04-16 at 08:22 AM. Reason: found out solution
    10-04-16 08:14 AM
    Really if whatsapp is so important as a messaging service what's best?

Blackberry users switching to Bbm or viber (no cost) or spend 200 or 300 bucks on a new phone with new bugs, new os, new everything just to use whatsapp?

Just install the android version on bb10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:10 AM
    What part of this notice did you not understand? They state flat out that they are stopping support for those OS on the list you posted.

How much clearer do you need them to be ... they already spelt it out in black and white.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Lack of support does not necessarily mean application won't work. I've got an unsupported installation of ubuntu 10.10 but it still works

Posted via CB10
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-13-16 03:58 AM