All,
    With such a sweet deal on movies, surely many of you have experienced the same frustration with BB World as I have. Everything seems to go fine with purchasing a movie, but they take a shade under a decade to download on my Z10 connected to wi-fi only (if I'm lucky enough go get the movie to download fully before BB World crashes). If it does crash, it picks up downloading again but seems to fill up a 32 GB microsd card with only about 10 GB of data on it previously (I'm guessing with some sort of temp files that never remove themselves). Once the movie finishes downloading (if it ever does), I end up having to pull my micro sd card, transfer the main files from it to my computer, format it, and then transfer the files back which mysteriously frees up the space that was consumed. I have high speed internet so connection speed shouldn't be an issue... Very frustrating from a consumer perspective to have to jump through hoops to get a movie to download/work.... SMDH
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-24-13 08:51 AM
    I don't know if the following address will allow you to inform them of the issue:

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    12-24-13 11:19 AM
    I have the exact same issues and fix for movies!
    I got tired of it and just stopped downloading movies at all.
    I have dedicated DVD/Blu-Ray players for that.
    I've found that I'm usually too busy to watch them from my device anyway.

FYI. From my experience it has something to do with the disruption (crash) of the download, then resuming it again.
    Already sent feedback about it since the first free movie from the giveaway. Heard nothing back yet.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    12-24-13 01:01 PM
    I'm having the same issue both with movies and music full albums

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 02:25 PM
    I don't recall their TWITTER handle where folks can post about issues. But that does sound like a major issue.
    12-24-13 03:26 PM
    I have the exact same issues and fix for movies!
    I got tired of it and just stopped downloading movies at all.
    I have dedicated DVD/Blu-Ray players for that.
    I've found that I'm usually too busy to watch them from my device anyway.

FYI. From my experience it has something to do with the disruption (crash) of the download, then resuming it again.
    Already sent feedback about it since the first free movie from the giveaway. Heard nothing back yet.
    I don't mind having to move the movie files back and forth.. it just sucks having to wait 4 hours for a movie to finally download (if it ever does). I'm not sure if it is server bandwidth issues or what, but it is extremely frustrating. I actually like having movies on my Z10.. I can play them on my tv through DLNA or HDMI and don't have to mess with discs, etc.
    12-24-13 09:49 PM
    i personally think they haven't had as much activity as they are having this season in BB World which is causing all these issues. its been two days and i still have not been able to download full album i bought. all these great deals but sh*tty service for downloading.
    12-25-13 10:46 AM
    Not sure if this will be the fix for you folks, but upon someone else's suggestion I disabled the download to sdcard option in the Blackberry World app so that the movies would download direct to the device's internal memory. The file sizes are rather large so it does still take a bit of time to download, but the failed downloads, and the filling of my card with temp files were no longer an issue. While my original thought was that the problem might be with the 16gb card I was using, I tend to believe at this point that it is more an issue with how the OS handles the live downloading of large files and the relative speed constraints of sdcards in general since I was able to copy the movie to the sdcard following download completion without issue.
    dgreatez likes this.
    12-25-13 01:56 PM
    Not sure if this will be the fix for you folks, but upon someone else's suggestion I disabled the download to sdcard option in the Blackberry World app so that the movies would download direct to the device's internal memory. The file sizes are rather large so it does still take a bit of time to download, but the failed downloads, and the filling of my card with temp files were no longer an issue. While my original thought was that the problem might be with the 16gb card I was using, I tend to believe at this point that it is more an issue with how the OS handles the live downloading of large files and the relative speed constraints of sdcards in general since I was able to copy the movie to the sdcard following download completion without issue.
    wow it actually worked!!!!!
    12-25-13 02:16 PM
    I wonder if the same "congestion" will occur in internal memory with junk being left over and partial files still created. But maybe the internal's "recording" (write) speed is faster and better suited for the downloads. Or maybe the internal has better housekeeping (cleanup) routines.
    12-25-13 03:41 PM