Introducting JellyBerry10!
    getting as close to custom themes as the Z10 can.
    Introducing JellyBerry10 - Themed Icons (Application Shortcuts) for BB10!-jellyberry10.png

Ok, the fact is, you cannot change the stock icons on BlackBerry 10. You just can't, it cannot be done. Sorry. Contact BlackBerry and complain, because I'd love to have Theme Builder for BlackBerry 10.

That doesn't mean thought that you can't change the appearance of your BlackBerry by using some sneaky tricks that BlackBerry probably didn't intend to exist. So with that said, I'm pleased to announce JellyBerry10, using Android 4.2 (and some custom) icons.

If it's not a real honest-to-goodness theme, what is JellyBerry 10?
    Good question. JellyBerry10 is a set of icons shortcuts for your BlackBerry 10 device. it DOES NOT replace your existing icons. You'll need to throw those in a folder somewhere, or find some other way to hide them.

But in that screenshot it looks like some of the icons have borders? Isn't that a theme?
    Kind of. That's a new feature in my latest app Z Theme. You can get more information about it at Customize the appearance of your BlackBerry Z10 with Z Theme | CrackBerry.com or get it for $2 from BlackBerry World at BlackBerry World - Z Theme.

You said this doesn't replace the stock icons; does that mean I'll have two of them?
    Yes. Don't blame me, if it's BlackBerry's fault. You can hide the stock icons in a folder or something?

What icons are included in JellyBerry10?
    Good question. So far only the following icons are possible (you can pick and choose which ones you want to install):

Browser Calendar Camera Contacts
    escreen File Manager Help Maps
    Messages Music Phone Picture Editor
    Remember
    (might not work)
    Settings Setup Text Messages
    Videos BB World Pictures

I also included an OSBB Launcher.

No BBM? Why only those apps?
    At the risk of being overly technical, an application has to be set as the registered content handler for a certain uri (for example, the browser is the registered content handler for http://, https://, and others) to use it to create a true shortcut. I could create an app that would launch the app (like I did with App Drawer or Video Camera for the PlayBook or Gestures for BB10), but that's slow and as individual apps would be annoying - the app has open, launch .
    The apps listed above are the only registered content handlers I've been able to identify. If I find more, there will be more icons. If you know more, let me know.

One (or more!) of the icons isn't working!
    Sorry. My developer Z10 paperwork got lost somewhere before BlackBerry got it, so I wasn't able to personally test this except on a simulator (and that's really not sufficient). I'll do my best to fix any bugs as soon as I know about them.

How much memory will this take on my Z10? I only have a few GB of space left!
    Each icon is somewhere between a low of 11kb and a high of 30kb, with a combined total of about 350kb for all 20 icons. In other words, almost no space at all.

I don't like Android icons, I want iOS or webOS or BBOS4.5 or [insert other design]. Can I make my own icons?
    Instructions for making your own icons can be found at http://opensourcebb.com/2013/04/how-...rry-10-device/. Templates for all the icons her can be found at https://github.com/SCrid2000/BlackBerry-URI-Builder. If you have BlackBerry signing keys and the ability to follow directions, you can make your own.

Making my own sounds like a lot of work; will you make more for me?
    Maybe, depends on how I'm feeling, and on the generosity of people who download JellyBerry10.

Ok, well it sounds like this isn't as good as custom themes on BB6 and below, when there was a dedicated Theme Builder, but it's better than nothing. How do I get JellyBerry10?
    First, you can download JellyBerry10 for free from SCrApps.org; just click the big blue link that says Download, or downloading it from the end of this post.
    Save the JellyBerry10.zip somewhere you can find it. Unzip the folder, and sideload the icons using DDPB or another sideloading tool.
    Instructions for using DDPB can be found at How To: Sideload Android apps on PlayBook OS v2.0 for use with the Android App Player | CrackBerry.com (those instructions are for the PlayBook but BB10 works the same way.

You said I can get this For Free? Why? How will you eat?
    Yes, for free. If I wanted to charge for it, it wouldn't make sense to release the source code and instructions on how to do it, and then we wouldn't get iCon10 or SymBB10 or whatever other awesomely named theme packs other people might create.

But if you love JellyBerry10, feel free to buy some of my apps (the link to my BlackBerry World account is in my signature), or send me money via PayPal to help me feed my two adorable sons (no, I'm not above using my kid's cuteness to solicit donations ).
    Introducing JellyBerry10 - Themed Icons (Application Shortcuts) for BB10!-kids.jpg Introducing JellyBerry10 - Themed Icons (Application Shortcuts) for BB10!-paypal.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys JellyBerry10! If you have any questions, post them!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 04-07-13 at 11:13 AM.
    04-01-13 12:33 AM
    Awesome job. All I need is a Z10 to try this out. Thanks for your hard work.
    04-01-13 12:56 AM
    LOL. Install this and Android users will be more befuddled by BB10. Runs android apps and use android app icons! mind blown. LOL
    04-01-13 01:01 AM
    I chose a bad day to release this lol (although technically it was still March when I published it).
    This isn't an April Fools day joke. If I was going to do an AF joke, I'd make a fake Skype app and release it for download (like I did last year with Netflix).
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    04-01-13 08:39 AM
    I chose a bad day to release this lol (although technically it was still March when I published it).
    This isn't an April Fools day joke. If I was going to do an AF joke, I'd make a fake Skype app and release it for download (like I did last year with Netflix).
    I thought it was an April Fools joke, until I saw you were the author.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    04-01-13 12:04 PM
    I thought it was an April Fools joke, until I saw you were the author.
    Lol, thanks I feel ******** though, I just noticed I left the url off the Download link fixed.
    04-01-13 12:14 PM
    Will have the tutorial up probably on Saturday or early next week; got a big exam on Saturday that I forgot about
    04-04-13 03:51 PM
    Instructions for creating your own icons can be found at How to create Custom Icons for your BlackBerry 10 Device; OSBB
    04-07-13 11:12 AM
    So is this a good solution for creating blank application icons so I could technically have my apps wherever on the screen I want???

Could this be an included feature in the next update or something? Only limitation is the grey background around all apps....

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:35 PM
    Yes, it could (I actually made a blank icon and posted it in the Z Theme thread) but the icon shadow will still be there.
    04-07-13 02:12 PM
    Looks great ,, i'll try it later when i reach my laptop lol

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:21 PM
    Android icons really.....ewwwwwwwwww

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:26 PM
    Android icons really.....ewwwwwwwwwwPosted via CB10
    Lol, is that a request for a different iconset?
    04-07-13 09:33 PM
    No I appreciate ur work on this and the great work around I just think that the BlackBerry 10 icons are way nicer looking but I guess people like options.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:46 PM