I have now been an instagram user for about 4 hours after side loading it when I got home from work. And after using it, already frustrated by it because I can't just swipe to go back. On twitter its the nicest feeling being about to swipe back without having to touch the back button (which is in the top left corner in instagram, nowhere near my thumb)
    So I am hoping it is native and made smoothly but it sounds like it's going to be a port.
    What does everyone else think?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:51 PM
    It's going to be a port. Thats not to say it won't be decent and run smooth. The port floating around right now is an unofficial older version.
    03-04-13 07:55 PM
    I think you care too much about something you technically shouldn't already have in the first place. If you're not a fan of it, don't use it. Easy peasy.
    SnoozerBold, SirJes and sheeraz_aa like this.
    03-04-13 08:10 PM
    Yes, it has problems, but it's not a BlackBerry app, so what do you expect? lol

Even with some glitchy behavior, it's better than no Instagram at all for those people that like the service.
    diruocco and R Field like this.
    03-04-13 08:11 PM
    Yea I know. Not trying to complain about having it. Still trying to hope that they built a native app that flows. Helps BlackBerry be what it is, very easy to use. Always flowing.

Posted via CB10
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    03-04-13 08:15 PM
    Yes, it has problems, but it's not a BlackBerry app, so what do you expect? lol

Even with some glitchy behavior, it's better than no Instagram at all for those people that like the service.
    I understand the OPs concern but like you said it is an unofficial android port it's better than nothing.
    Although, (And this is not directed at the OP) knowing Crackberry and people's general feeling towards blackberry, Instagram, Skype and Netflix could all come out with native apps tomorrow and people would still complain.
    03-04-13 09:44 PM
    Since it's an android port you could do the back gesture for the Android sandbox. Swipe from the bottom bezel diagonally to the left. No need to reach for that top back button.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 09:51 PM
    Is it just me, or has Android app performance actually gotten much better since the update. All my android apps load faster, and Instagram runs pretty well.
    03-04-13 11:11 PM
    Didn't Kevin kind of hint that it would be coming to BB? Is this still the case, or is this port what he meant? Cause I don't sideload anything on my phone, and for him to say that it's coming, when he was just talking about some sideloaded port is not very genuine. I'll even be okay with a port, but it has to be on BB world, and at least work well. I'm perfectly happy with Songza for now!
    03-04-13 11:39 PM
    Didn't Kevin kind of hint that it would be coming to BB? Is this still the case, or is this port what he meant? Cause I don't sideload anything on my phone, and for him to say that it's coming, when he was just talking about some sideloaded port is not very genuine. I'll even be okay with a port, but it has to be on BB world, and at least work well. I'm perfectly happy with Songza for now!
    Yes it will be coming to BlackBerry World don't worry about that. This just happened to be an android version that works in the current android player with no modifications to the .bar file. My thoughts are it will be here by the US launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:15 AM
    whats the big deal with instagram and porting their android app onto blackberry?? as i recall Blackberry has an army of developers just waiting to build more apps. we really love to see instagram be more native. come on blackberry!!!
    brandonwh likes this.
    03-05-13 07:20 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ve-app-767025/

Already made a thread on this like months ago!
    03-05-13 04:34 PM