Ok, so I downloaded the instagram apk and opened an account. I up loaded a photo of my dog.

I then discovered igrann and realized that the account was merged. Cool.

I used igrann to upload two more photos. One of me and my pals at a cigar party and another photo of my family in Times Square in NY.

Two hours later I couldn't log in and received a message stating account was disabled for breaching instagram terms.

I set up another account using igrann. I up loaded my dog picture and a family photo. For the sake of experimenting I logged in via instagram. Up loaded photo of my pals and used instagram to invite some friends to be friends.

This evening I went in via igrann and got the same message. Account deactivated for breaching terms.

So could it be that using igrann is triggering instagram to sense a security breach ? Their terms say no third part software or modification of their apk files allowed.

I emailed igrann who got back to me and said it's not them. I've tweeted to instagram many times with no reply and also sent them direct messages through facebook which again attracted to replies. I completed a bug report at instagram with no reply and the support email igrann sent me is un monitored and sends you to their help centre.

Has anyone experienced this?

Are any of you using both apps together without a hitch?

Why would this be happening?

I'm running out of emails so anyone with some suggestions, I greatly appreciate them.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-05-14 08:38 PM
    Is your dog naked? Doing something inappropriate? A euphemism?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:43 PM

Why would this be happening?
    Sounds like you already know why it's happening. I've been using both successfully but there's been several reports from people having their accounts locked out. If you're using the official and then iGrann, it would appear as though your account is being breached to Instagram because of how the app works.

One coming from the official app and one, as far as I know, coming from a server that has never really been used on your account before. It's part of their spam and API policy, the same thing happened with Windows Phone third party apps as well.

Essentially, pick one app or the other and stick to it.. because if you use both it will likely trigger deactivation.
    drfever and ghundiraj like this.
    02-05-14 08:44 PM
    Yup it's safe to say stick to one logged in, or just stick to one on the whole and delete the other.
    drfever likes this.
    02-05-14 08:49 PM
    Thank you. I shall stick to one and delete the other.

Any tips on which one is the better one?

I don't care much for filters. Blackberry's picture editor is all I need. Not one for video and push notifications are a must.

Let me guess..... igrann right? lol

Any pro and cons suggestions would be useful.

Thanks again for the wonderful support.

02-05-14 09:00 PM
    Thank you. I shall stick to one and delete the other.

Any tips on which one is the better one?

I don't care much for filters. Blackberry's picture editor is all I need. Not one for video and push notifications are a must.

Let me guess..... igrann right? lol

Any pro and cons suggestions would be useful.

Thanks again for the wonderful support.

Igrann is better if you're not much of a video or filters person.

Pros Igrann is native, could download videos and pics, can "regrann" (reposts someone else's stuff) choice between dark light theme, or modern or classic view.

However both doesn't have "push" notifications yet, igrann does have notifications if you leave it open, but the headless support is coming. So you will have notifications without having to leave it open, soon.
    CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    drfever likes this.
    02-05-14 09:12 PM
    The regular Instagram app works just fine without limitations. Stick with it.
    02-05-14 09:15 PM
    The regular Instagram app works just fine without limitations. Stick with it.
    The lack of notifications pushed to tour BlackBerry 10 device/hub doesn't bother you? Thanks

02-05-14 09:25 PM
    I read that igramm has hub integration. How do I get this or do the notifications just show up in notifications?

02-05-14 10:13 PM
    I read that igramm has hub integration. How do I get this or do the notifications just show up in notifications?

Will be coming around the same time as headless, and videos, and ig direct

02-05-14 10:37 PM
    Will be coming around the same time as headless, and videos, and ig direct

Quick question. I chose igrann. When I tag someone and upload the photo if I upload another photo of someone else and want to tag them the prior tag appears on the photo before I upload it. Will this go away in the uploaded photo? Thanks again

02-05-14 11:27 PM
    Also, to avoid future deletions. If I chose that I want to stop using igrann and instagram should I log out of my igrann account?

02-06-14 12:47 AM
    Yh the tag shouldn't tag even though it shows, and yup should log out before you delete.

drfever likes this.
    02-06-14 12:49 AM