Hey everyone,

I'm excited about the opportunity of using Android apps when 10.2.1 is released later this week. Has anyone tried using the Instagram app from the Amazon mobile store? How's it running - any flaws of using it? I hated the side loaded version that I had 4 mths ago since it was incredibly slow and the keyboard sucked, well before the jelly bean update.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:16 PM
    Igrann baby...
    Sideload it, enjoy.
    Www.igrann.com

Posted with my Z30
    01-26-14 06:18 PM
    Recall reading that it works great wherever it is downloaded from. However I recommend grabbing it from Snap, a native Google Play client for BlackBerry 10

Also give iGrann a try, it's really worth it!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:41 PM
    iGrann > Android Port.
    01-26-14 06:42 PM
    The instagram version I had downloaded using snap was great and i'd imagine that the Amazon version would be pretty close but like everyone else has pointed out, Igrann is where it's at.
    If you aren't up for another sideload, just keep your eyes on blackberry APP World because it has been submitted.

Once I started with Igrann I never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:46 PM
    Android port works, never tried upload video though, so can't speak on that aspect.

Never tried iGrann but from experience, nothing beats native in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:49 PM
    Android port works, never tried upload video though, so can't speak on that aspect.

Never tried iGrann but from experience, nothing beats native in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I'm from the same mind thought that you have, however I can honestly say that Igrann is the exception. The implications, the subtle touches and refined presentation options found within Igrann really set it apart from the original app.

I'm a fan of sideloading and I have no problem running android on my devices and in this instance Igrann takes the cake. Heck I even put my wallet where my mouth is and donated to the dev for his work. I can honestly say I paid for something that I can get for free and I don't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:58 PM
    Android apk's will be great for apps like component controls....tv remotes, security camera apps, thermostat controls. These apps written for specific manufacturer goods, will never come to BB10. But major apps I hope keep coming as native and at least ports through BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:13 PM
    The instagram version I had downloaded using snap was great and i'd imagine that the Amazon version would be pretty close but like everyone else has pointed out, Igrann is where it's at.
    If you aren't up for another sideload, just keep your eyes on blackberry APP World because it has been submitted.

Once I started with Igrann I never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    Does that version accepts videos?
    01-26-14 09:35 PM
    Once igrann is out I'm ditching the android version

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:38 PM
    Does that version accepts videos?
    As it current sits, video upload is unavailable however it's been stated by the Dev that it's on the roadmap.

I will agree that this is a point for the official app.

At the end of the day the OP will definitively have his options covered for his IG needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:39 PM
    Hey everyone,

I'm excited about the opportunity of using Android apps when 10.2.1 is released later this week. Has anyone tried using the Instagram app from the Amazon mobile store? How's it running - any flaws of using it? I hated the side loaded version that I had 4 mths ago since it was incredibly slow and the keyboard sucked, well before the jelly bean update.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    I've actually downloaded it it works fully video direct sharing etc but from mobile1 not amazon play store......the amazon ones work real buggy but with mobile 1 you actually get the updates of apps all apps I tried worked instagram vine ps network Paypal here Netflix etc

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-26-14 11:33 PM
    IGRANN is better than instagram. Since I downloaded it (especially that it's pix are displayed better than than the instagram) and much nicer

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    01-27-14 03:32 AM
    Once igrann is out I'm ditching the android version

Posted via CB10
    It's out and in BBWorld, ditch the Android now!

Posted via CB10
    NursingNinja likes this.
    01-27-14 05:54 AM
    Worked fine, even with video upload

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 06:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Done! Will gladly repeat with any android app I am soiling myself with. I hope indy developers are reading this...

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Done and done. It's really good!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:46 AM
    01-27-14 08:47 AM
    It's really seems as of late BB10 is really coming together. A bit more and I truly believe BlackBerry will be the most advanced os on the planet. My z30 is already a dream device. Throw on the android apps for manufacturers goods Eg thermostat controls, stereo controls, alarm systems etc, along with instagram, vine, snap, Netflix etc and finally BB World with native apps, Igrann, BlackBerry Express etc. And we have one hell of an ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:13 AM
    Install Snap and you can install Instagram directly from the Google Play Store. Works, no issues... iGrann is a very nice native Instagram program. Hit App World earlier today. You may want to install that too and compare.
    01-27-14 09:19 AM
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:54 AM
    All that igrann guy has to do now is make a native Netflix client

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:39 PM
    All that igrann guy has to do now is make a native Netflix client

Posted via CB10
    Loool...too much!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:17 AM