With iGrann around the corner, I changed the direction of Instago. You see, Instago was meant to be as an exercise to learn more about BB10 development and as I missed an Instagram client I just started from there. In case you don't know it, here is a video of version 1:

Now that iGrann will bring a full featured Instagram client to BB10 (yay!) there is no real need for an Instagram viewer, right? Well, I returned to my original aim, but this time I wanted to learn more about UI development in BB10 and thus I completely revamped the UI of Instago. Basically where v1 tried to be Instagram, v2 now tries to be just an effective viewer in the spirit of the BB10 UI. Here is a video of the new UI:

It works well on Z and Q series devices, is fast and efficient and feels nice. Best of all: It's now open source: https://github.com/DirkSonguer/InstagoBB10

The betas (and indeed the final versions later) can be downloaded here: https://github.com/DirkSonguer/Insta...aster/releases. "InstagoBB10-2_0_0_3.bar" is the most recent one (compiled today) and is almost feature complete. Once tested and prepared it will be uploaded to BB World.

So, do we need another viewer? Maybe not. Was it fun creating one? Yeah, and maybe the code is of use to somebody. Have fun.

Cheers,
    Dirk
    Last edited by Dirk Songuer; 12-03-13 at 06:38 PM.
    Akuji_ism, dee., dusdal and 14 others like this.
    12-03-13 02:32 PM
    thanks for sharing!
    Dirk Songuer likes this.
    12-03-13 02:41 PM
    Thanks Dirk.

I'm loving your dedication towards the BlackBerry 10 platform

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and Dirk Songuer like this.
    12-03-13 03:22 PM
    Thanks for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    Dirk Songuer likes this.
    12-03-13 09:51 PM
    Bar file 2.0.0.4 is the release candidate that has just been submitted to BB World for review.

If you want a sneak peek (or don't want to download it via BB World later) you can find it here: https://github.com/DirkSonguer/Insta...aster/releases
    12-08-13 08:55 AM
    Awesome stuff, Dirk!

Posted via CB10
    Dirk Songuer likes this.
    12-08-13 09:33 AM
    Beautiful! Great stuff, simply great

Posted via CB10
    Dirk Songuer likes this.
    12-08-13 09:58 AM
    Nice work the UI design on that is really clean and modern. I like it.

BlackBerry Z10 (Z30 inbound) | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    Dirk Songuer likes this.
    12-08-13 10:22 AM
    It's available in BB World now.

Instago version 2, Beta and future-instago_screenshot_compilation.jpg
    thanasi likes this.
    12-10-13 11:43 AM
    That looks really nice, thank you for supporting the BlackBerry 10 platform. It very clean and modern. I love the look. Competition is a good thing and the only criticism I give is, in they eyes of the general public, what does Instago offer that's better than iGrann. Thats how you should approach things for updates at the moment because it seems like the app is lacking a little bit. A user should be able to make an account, upload photos and videos, like comment, regrann, etc. Keep us updated on your progress.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:46 PM
    Hi thanasi,

thanks for your feedback. While iGrann tries to be Instagram on BB10, I want to experiment with Instago in terms of UI and usability. So if it's a full featured Instagram replacement you want, iGrann is the way to go. If you want an experimental viewer, try Instago.

Regarding the upload requests: As Instago is open source it can only act as a regular client for the Instagram API. While I could try to reverse engineer my way around the signing keys of Instagram, this would prohibit the project of being open source. My guess is that while Instagram might be ok with people meddling with their private APIs, they will sure act against people making such an effort public. This rules out creating accounts and uploading images / videos. Everything else is either already working or will be in the future.

But take it the other way around: If people really like the Instago UI, other developers can pick it up and add upload functionality. As said, it's open source. For example "App for Instagram" uses it already.
    thanasi likes this.
    12-11-13 04:55 AM
    Version 2.0.1 has been submitted to BB World. It should be available in the store (via regular update) in the next days.

As usual you can download and install it here already: https://github.com/DirkSonguer/Insta...aster/releases
    AzzlanOfBB and Korepab like this.
    12-28-13 12:22 PM
    Dirk!

There's a bit of a problem, Instago is stuck like so:

Attachment 236383

Nothing seems to fix it
    01-06-14 01:11 AM
    Hi Javid,

can you please reupload your screenshot, somehow I can't view it.

Also, can you please give me a bit more information about your setup: Your device and OS version? That way I can try to retrace the problem.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Dirk
    01-06-14 05:10 PM
    Hi Javid,

can you please reupload your screenshot, somehow I can't view it.

Also, can you please give me a bit more information about your setup: Your device and OS version? That way I can try to retrace the problem.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Dirk
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803

Instago version 2, Beta and future-img_00003190.png

Edit: thanks for the quick reply! Good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 07:34 PM