How can you identify native apps as opposed to non native apps on Blackberry world BEFORE downloading them? This goes for BB10 Apps and Playbook.
    Wayne
    04-12-13 09:24 PM
    Screenshots are usually a good giveaway. They could be straight rips from the original android device, so you can see the android battery meter and other top bar notifications, or the actual controls (buttons, dialogs, etc) if any will be android styled instead of cascades.

On the other side of that, if you can spot cascades controls, then you know its native.

Other than that, I don't know of any indicators.
    anon(4067838) and footose like this.
    04-12-13 09:34 PM
    Screenshots are usually a good giveaway. They could be straight rips from the original android device, so you can see the android battery meter and other top bar notifications, or the actual controls (buttons, dialogs, etc) if any will be android styled instead of cascades.

On the other side of that, if you can spot cascades controls, then you know its native.

Other than that, I don't know of any indicators.
    Thanks for the speedy reply! Will keep an eye out for this in future.
    04-12-13 09:46 PM
    Cascade Controls are a good indicator.
    04-12-13 10:13 PM
    Cascade Controls are a good indicator.
    What do you mean by Cascade Controls?
    04-12-13 10:45 PM
    By cascade controls, I mean things like the action bar, buttons, spinners, menus etc that are styled like cascades, as oppose to HTML, or Android.

Basically, if you see any elements from this page in the app...

BlackBerry Developer

...then it's very likely to be native.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    04-13-13 04:45 PM
    By cascade controls, I mean things like the action bar, buttons, spinners, menus etc that are styled like cascades, as oppose to HTML, or Android.

Basically, if you see any elements from this page in the app...

BlackBerry Developer

...then it's very likely to be native.
    But then again, an app may be native and NOT use the BB10 official look and feel. Very few PB apps have the new look and my BB10 version has the same look as my PB verson. It's going to change soon on the Z10 (I hope) but the look is too difficult to attain on the PB version so I'm leaving it as it is for the time being.
    04-13-13 04:53 PM
    You two are confusing me, LoL! But I think I get what you mean. Thanks for your help
    04-13-13 05:19 PM
    Is it right that native app has a "Berry" logo at the down right conner of the icon on appworld?
    04-13-13 08:01 PM
    Is it right that native app has a "Berry" logo at the down right conner of the icon on appworld?
    The apps with this logo have earned the "Built for BlackBerry" designation. Only certain native apps are eligible and it is very difficult to earn the designation. You should know that the vast majority of apps in BB World will not meet the stringent conditions required but are nonetheless worthy of your consideration for purchase.

The following information is lifted from the BBRY web site:
    Applications submitted to the Built for BlackBerry program are subject to a range of tests and evaluations which they must pass before receiving the Built for BlackBerry designation. The Built for BlackBerry evaluation process begins after an app has successfully passed the BlackBerry World Vetting criteria. Once submitted to the Built for BlackBerry program, the app is reviewed by a testing team under the following criteria: User Benefits, User Experience, Performance, Security, and Service Integration. Games have additional criteria that are evaluated as part of the testing process.

More information can be found at:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/bui.../criteria.html
    pvhunt and anon(4067838) like this.
    04-13-13 08:25 PM
    Built For BlackBerry is right there on the home page of app world.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-13-13 11:01 PM