I've been using sugarsync to back up my files on my Z10 and from my computer - and the few free gb's they did was great for me - and especially that I didn't have to change my computer file structure to backup my computer. Sadly they have withdrawn the free offer (though for those who may be interested they will go to 75% off after your 90 day trial is over) so I was looking around for a free decent backup with reasonable amount of data AND no changes to the file structure. I have Box (50gb) and Dropbox and skydrive etc - but each of them require me to change my computer file structure.

This was when I came across hubiC, a french company, with a BB10 app in appworld. They are giving 25Gb free (and it's 1 euro a month for 100gb). It is smoothly auto syncing away as I write and seems to do a great job - and easily accessible on my Z10. My one and only sadness is that I haven't worked out if it can integrate with Playcloud app on my Z10.

Still thought you should all know about it!
    02-10-14 01:41 AM
    Nice find! I might sign up for this, just to get the free 25GB. The only thing it seems to be missing is encryption on their servers. Looks like files are stored unencrypted. Minus a big star there.

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-10-14 02:52 AM
    Ragbert,

You are right that there is no encryption BUT they do have some security: https://hubic.com/en/data-security

They are also based on French soil and therefore don't come under the US Patriot act etc and France does tend to be tighter on privacy laws!
    02-10-14 03:14 AM
    I read through their website, including the page you linked. Their data centers may be secure from physical break-ins, but files sent there are sent, shared, and stored unencrypted. In their forums, one person asked in December about adding encryption to their servers and she never received a reply. That doesn't instill me with confidence.

I may sign up anyway but I'd be discerning about what I upload.

Ragbert,

You are right that there is no encryption BUT they do have some security: https://hubic.com/en/data-security

They are also based on French soil and therefore don't come under the US Patriot act etc and France does tend to be tighter on privacy laws!

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-10-14 03:24 AM