Ah yes, the providers do seem reversed. I just switched to "Open Weather" and the watch temp now matches forecast.io's site.

I'm a new H2W user so I've got the latest; 1.0.0.29. But when H2W doesn't update (after a watch face switch or even just going to another menu), Bluetooth does indeed show the phone as still connected in Pebble's BT settings, but if I reconnect as described, the H2W face will then update.

My app redundancy question was more about double notifications; like if both apps vibrate when a new email comes in for example. Doesn't T2W need to be running in order for H2W to communicate with the watch? Either way, was just curious as that seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the quick reply, and 'heart' I shall!
    03-12-15 06:37 PM
    I'm a new H2W user so I've got the latest; 1.0.0.29. But when H2W doesn't update (after a watch face switch or even just going to another menu), Bluetooth does indeed show the phone as still connected in Pebble's BT settings, but if I reconnect as described, the H2W face will then update.
    This is not normal, can you do the following :
    - delete Hub2Watch*
    - in Talk2Watch, swipe down from top and select 'Scripts', click 'Hub2Watch' and select 'Delete app'
    - in Talk2Watch, swipe down from top and select 'App store', select all Hub2Watch watchfaces you've installed and delete all of them
    - close Talk2Watch, wait 30 seconds and reopen Talk2Watch. Make sure Talk2Watch is connected to Pebble
    - re-download Hub2Watch, you won't be charged a second time, you can see the app in BBW My World section, under My Apps.‎
    - ‎restart the process from scratch
    03-12-15 06:46 PM
    Ok, thanks.

I'll reinstall as instructed but there is no "Hub2Watch" listed in T2W's scripts, only the following:

Default:
    -Battery
    -Sports
    -Screenshot

Multimedia:
    -Start Recorder
    -Stop Recorder

Is this a problem or should I just continue with the remaining steps? Both apps have (had) full permissions.
    03-12-15 07:08 PM
    Ok, thanks.

I'll reinstall as instructed but there is no "Hub2Watch" listed in T2W's scripts, only the following:

Default:
    -Battery
    -Sports
    -Screenshot

Multimedia:
    -Start Recorder
    -Stop Recorder

Is this a problem or should I just continue with the remaining steps? Both apps have (had) full permissions.
    Continue with all the steps, please report if that solves it for you or not.
    03-12-15 07:15 PM
    Unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem; I made sure the Pebble was connected before and after H2W was reinstalled. I left H2W with the default settings, then added "Hub2Watch 6" face.Toggled over to another face, went back, but it still only updates with the T2W 'device reconnect' method, or if a new message comes in.

While the H2W face is not updating, the watch also started doing 2 fast vibrations each time I went into the H2W face on the Pebble. I tried rebooting the watch but this only stops after I closed and reopened both apps. Then if I change faces or go to another screen on the watch, I have to do another 'device reconnect'. At that point, the 2 vibrations started again. I let the watch face sit for about 5 minutes and it eventually updated on it's own -- but I lose it again if I switch to any other screen.

FYI, the H2W reinstall still didn't add any scripts to T2W. Other watch faces still work fine, although a couple like the Weather Network takes a few seconds to update the weather portion, I assume that's normal.

Does H2W need some kind of port to be opened that the other faces/apps don't require?

Also, once the watch face is updated, any changes to message counts are instant -- like if I read an unread message, it updates immediately on the face. Until I switch to another screen and it needs to reconnect.
    03-12-15 08:01 PM
    Unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem; I made sure the Pebble was connected before and after H2W was reinstalled. I left H2W with the default settings, then added "Hub2Watch 6" face.Toggled over to another face, went back, but it still only updates with the T2W 'device reconnect' method, or if a new message comes in.

While the H2W face is not updating, the watch also started doing 2 fast vibrations each time I went into the H2W face on the Pebble. I tried rebooting the watch but this only stops after I closed and reopened both apps. Then if I change faces or go to another screen on the watch, I have to do another 'device reconnect'. At that point, the 2 vibrations started again. I let the watch face sit for about 5 minutes and it eventually updated on it's own -- but I lose it again if I switch to any other screen.

FYI, the H2W reinstall still didn't add any scripts to T2W. Other watch faces still work fine, although a couple like the Weather Network takes a few seconds to update the weather portion, I assume that's normal.

Does H2W need some kind of port to be opened that the other faces/apps don't require?
    What happens when you click the 'Authorize with Talk2Watch' button in Hub2Watch first run Tutorial? It should show a popup message saying 'Connected to Talk2Watch', do you get this popup?
    03-12-15 08:05 PM
    As for the authorization, yes -- when I first open H2W, I get a "Pebble watch found!" popup. This happens before I can even tap the "Authorize" button. I tried re-running the tutorial and the same thing happened. That's the only popup I get. Once I tap the "Authorize" button, it just slides to the next page of the tutorial (to install watchfaces).

Btw, I later edited my previous message to add this:

Once the watch face is updated, any changes to message counts are instant -- like if I read an unread message, it updates immediately on the face. Until I switch to another screen and it needs to reconnect.
    03-12-15 08:12 PM
    As for the authorization, yes -- when I first open H2W, I get a "Pebble watch found!" popup. This happens before I can even tap the "Authorize" button. I tried re-running the tutorial and the same thing happened. That's the only popup I get. Once I tap the "Authorize" button, it just slides to the next page of the tutorial (to install watchfaces).

Btw, I later edited my previous message to add this:

Once the watch face is updated, any changes to message counts are instant -- like if I read an unread message, it updates immediately on the face. Until I switch to another screen and it needs to reconnect.
    This is still not normal, can you uninstall Talk2Watch and Hub2Watch and reinstall both apps beginning by Talk2Watch. I know this is not ideal (having to reinstall Talk2Watch), but your setup isn't working as it should.
    03-12-15 08:15 PM
    hm.. will I need to re-add and re-configure my other faces/apps after installing T2W again?

How long should it normally take to retrieve the H2W counters when switching to the watch face? Maybe I'm being too impatient. Sometimes it does it on its own within 15 seconds, but other times it takes a few (to several) minutes.
    03-12-15 08:30 PM
    hm.. will I need to re-add and re-configure my other faces/apps after installing T2W again?

How long should it normally take to retrieve the H2W counters when switching to the watch face? Maybe I'm being too impatient. Sometimes it does it on its own within 15 seconds, but other times it takes a few (to several) minutes.
    Less than 3 seconds
    03-12-15 08:32 PM
    ok, I'll have to deal with that later as I assume I'll lose all my settings/apps/faces in T2W?

What does the H2W script do? The one you mentioned is supposed to be showing in T2W?
    03-12-15 08:52 PM
    ok, I'll have to deal with that later as I assume I'll lose all my settings/apps/faces in T2W?

What does the H2W script do? The one you mentioned is supposed to be showing in T2W?
    There is no Hub2Watch scripts, but as the app registers with Talk2Watch, it's supposed to have its own folder, which will be an empty folder.
    03-12-15 09:01 PM
    There is no Hub2Watch scripts, but as the app registers with Talk2Watch, it's supposed to have its own folder, which will be an empty folder.
    I am experiencing the same issue (no folder in Talk2Watch with no update to Hub2Watch face after switching watch faces until a new notification) and I can confirm that deleting and reinstalling everything doesn't resolve the issue.

I am using a Passport running OS 10.3.0.908 with Talk2Watch 30.0.2.5 and Hub2Watch 1.0.0.29. Please let me know if you would like any other information to help resolve this issue.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    03-12-15 10:19 PM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    Sadly,

Latest update didn't not fix the issue. Facebook is now accurate, thanks for fixing it but let's say I accidently switch watchface, the watchface will not display any notifications count until I have another new notification

From BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    williaml likes this.
    03-12-15 11:23 PM
    I too have the issue with changing the watchface (or even just going in to the menu) but instead of just waiting for a new notification, I've just been marking a message in the hub as read/unread to get the count back.

I just assumed this was normal because all watchfaces seem to reset and need to get data pushed back from the phone when you select them.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 12:00 AM
    Thought it was fixed once and for all, I'll look at it tonight after work.
    03-13-15 06:27 AM
    I looked at the code this morning and found a coding mistake that could lead to this bug, I've quickly fixed it and sent it for review to BlackBerry World. It's untested but I think that can fix it, so finger crossed.

I'll keep you guys updated once it's available.

Posted via CB10
    williaml, coolcut and Marek I like this.
    03-13-15 07:20 AM
    During lunch time, I was able to uninstall both Talk2Watch and Hub2Watch, reinstall Talk2Watch 30.0.2.5 and Hub2Watch 1.0.0.31 (not yet available to public), I can confirm that the connection issue is fixed. For those affected by this bug, no need to uninstall Talk2Watch, I did it because I have a beta version of Talk2Watch. Just be patient, an update will appear soon in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 12:08 PM
    I just loaded the new 2558 leak. Pebble and apps working fine, too early to tell if the bluetooth drain was fixed. Will update later

Passport running on 10.3.1.2480
    coolcut and James St-Pierre like this.
    03-13-15 03:24 PM
    Looks like Pebble battery drain issue has been fixed with the latest OS leak.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2558
    James St-Pierre likes this.
    03-13-15 09:20 PM
    Would it be possible / in line with the philosophy of your app to add upcoming event to the Watchface?

And perhaps to group Notifications, so for example I can choose to show a single mail icon for all my e-mail, or just one Twitter icon for both Twitter for BB10 and Blaq (to save space for the upcoming event line, or maybe a future analog watchface with less (smaller) icons)?

From a developer perspective I'm also wondering how hard it would be to make a custom watchface? I'm a PHP dev with basic knowledge of BlackBerry Cascades.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-15-15 10:46 AM
    Would it be possible / in line with the philosophy of your app to add upcoming event to the Watchface?
    I can add like a Calendar icon with the number of events in the next X hours, where X would be customizable, but not the whole Calendar event name.

And perhaps to group Notifications, so for example I can choose to show a single mail icon for all my e-mail, or just one Twitter icon for both Twitter for BB10 and Blaq (to save space for the upcoming event line, or maybe a future analog watchface with less (smaller) icons)?
    Do you have more than one email icon for all your emails? I only have one here, no matter how many email accounts I have unread messages.

Twitter/Blaq/Twittly : You can only select one of them to avoid getting doublons.

From a developer perspective I'm also wondering how hard it would be to make a custom watchface? I'm a PHP dev with basic knowledge of BlackBerry Cascades.
    Watchfaces are coded in C language, fortunately there are a few sample code you can look at on GitHub.

Do you mean making your own modified version of Hub2Watch watchface?
    If so, I can provide the code for the watchface, but I won't share the code for the app. That way, you could change the code to make it visually different (ie: analog) and decide how many icons to show, where to show them, icon size, etc.

Just keep in mind that while I'm actively adding new stuff/feature to the app, you'll have to update your own watchface code to make it work with a new Hub2Watch version that would include a new feature (ie: Calendar icon).

Posted via CB10
    JunkieXP likes this.
    03-15-15 03:46 PM
    I can add like a Calendar icon with the number of events in the next X hours, where X would be customizable, but not the whole Calendar event name.

Do you have more than one email icon for all your emails? I only have one here, no matter how many email accounts I have unread messages.

Twitter/Blaq/Twittly : You can only select one of them to avoid getting doublons.

Watchfaces are coded in C language, fortunately there are a few sample code you can look at on GitHub.

Do you mean making your own modified version of Hub2Watch watchface?
    If so, I can provide the code for the watchface, but I won't share the code for the app. That way, you could change the code to make it visually different (ie: analog) and decide how many icons to show, where to show them, icon size, etc.

Just keep in mind that while I'm actively adding new stuff/feature to the app, you'll have to update your own watchface code to make it work with a new Hub2Watch version that would include a new feature (ie: Calendar icon).

Posted via CB10
    Good to hear you're such an involved developer =).

To bad the access to the calendar seems to be so limited since 10.3.

You are right about the e-mail icon, never realised this actually.

I totally get why you're holding back the code for your app, something about intellectual property. I was secretly hoping the watchfaces where based upon some kinda XML structure, where you could move around some code from existing free watchfaces to get a custom interface. Have you planned any additional watchfaces or any populair requests?

03-15-15 04:12 PM
    To bad the access to the calendar seems to be so limited since 10.3.
    The access is not limited, it's more like I don't want to clutter the watchface with long text. That might be an interesting idea for another connected watchface concept, it just doesn't fit with this app.

Have you planned any additional watchfaces or any populair requests?
    New watchfaces aren't planned yet, I might add some later though. I think the next few watchfaces I'll do will be normal watchfaces and when you shake your wrist, you can see the unread count for your notifications along with Pebble and Phone battery.

Posted via CB10
    williaml and JunkieXP like this.
    03-15-15 04:46 PM
    That's also a good use case for a specific user group.

I won't bother you any further on specific requests after this post, since it's you and you alone who can decide how your app is meant to be used.

Whenever you have a bliss of ignorance and wanting to add the Calender functionality (which you can actually see from within the Hub) you might hide the date to save some space, or arrange it something like the image below.
    Hub2Watch - First Pebble connected watchface-img_20150315_225528_edit_edit.png
    It might also be something you can include with a flick of your wrist (like the swipe down from the Hub, where the next event is also hidden by default).

PS. Willing to purchase a seperate app or a donation for this, although both Hub Notifications and Next Event (Notification) is something I would see combined in one Watchface.

williaml likes this.
    03-15-15 05:09 PM
416 1234 ...