@JunkieXP I've updated GitHub project to fix a crash on original Pebble. If you want to modify the code to always show 6 slots, add this line to line 613 of main.c :
    this_watchface = WATCHFACE_6;

Hub2Watch - First Pebble connected watchface-t.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RodgerLeblanc; 10-07-15 at 10:47 PM.
    JunkieXP likes this.
    10-07-15 08:05 PM
    Just got the update! Tor, CAN

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 09:30 PM
    There's a bug in both new watchfaces that only affects original Pebble owners (including original Pebble Steel) and that will crash the watchface once in awhile. I've already fixed it, but the update might take up to a week to be approved by BlackBerry. I've updated Pebble App Store watchfaces, so you can install from Pebble Ap Store (using Talk2Watch) instead of installing from Hub2Watch app.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 09:35 PM
    I like the old watch face with small icons, would It be able to get that again?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:34 AM
    I like the old watch face with small icons, would It be able to get that again?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately not, I've removed the old one. Try the new one for a couple of days and if you don't like it, I'll give you a link to get the old ones.

Posted via CB10
    bdavies1995 likes this.
    10-08-15 02:27 AM
    One tiny tech question. I'm so close in implementing the Calendar Event to the Wristshake action. But only one thing is holding me back. no matter which way of setting the variable I use, and independent from static char = 'XXXXXXXX' or char = char[12], I only get one letter pushed to the screen which doesn't even make sense and mostly doesn't even exist within the upcoming calendar entry. (While keeping uncommenting the method where I set strncpy(qtp_calendar_events_str, tuple->value->cstring, 200); or similar, will actually output XXXXXXXX).

Thing's I've tried:
    - strncpy(qtp_calendar_events_str, tuple->value->cstring, 200);
    - text_layer_set_text(qtp_calendar_events_str, sizeof(qtp_calendar_events_str), tuple->value->cstring);
    - qtp_calendar_events_str = tuple->value->cstring;

Will colored icons ever be something you're working on? So instead of a colored back ground, the actual icon colors? Still considering a Pebble Time.
    10-08-15 05:05 AM
    One tiny tech question. I'm so close in implementing the Calendar Event to the Wristshake action. But only one thing is holding me back. no matter which way of setting the variable I use, and independent from static char = 'XXXXXXXX' or char = char[12], I only get one letter pushed to the screen which doesn't even make sense and mostly doesn't even exist within the upcoming calendar entry. (While keeping uncommenting the method where I set strncpy(qtp_calendar_events_str, tuple->value->cstring, 200); or similar, will actually output XXXXXXXX).

Thing's I've tried:
    - strncpy(qtp_calendar_events_str, tuple->value->cstring, 200);
    - text_layer_set_text(qtp_calendar_events_str, sizeof(qtp_calendar_events_str), tuple->value->cstring);
    - qtp_calendar_events_str = tuple->value->cstring;

Will colored icons ever be something you're working on? So instead of a colored back ground, the actual icon colors? Still considering a Pebble Time.
    You want to print calendar events instead of the date, right?
    There's only one line to change, I've highlited it in this picture :
    http://imgur.com/5u7cDAU

Posted via CB10
    JunkieXP likes this.
    10-08-15 05:36 AM
    You want to print calendar events instead of the date, right?
    There's only one line to change, I've highlited it in this picture :
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was thinking, although I messed up the switch, cause I thought the "Calendar" Icon was necessary to retreive the calendar events. Got it all covered now, thanks =)!
    10-08-15 05:46 AM
    Hi Roger i really like the new bigger icons with the first watch face (digital clock at the top, hub icons at the bottom). I don't think I saw a response but junkiexp did mention that the date disappears whenever 6 icons are displayed (I keep 6 icons displayed at all times). I would prefer a watchface that displays the date all the time with 6 bigger hub icons. Is this something you can implement?

Also are you able to give us an all dark watch face with light icons?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:41 AM
    Hi Roger i really like the new bigger icons with the first watch face (digital clock at the top, hub icons at the bottom). I don't think I saw a response but junkiexp did mention that the date disappears whenever 6 icons are displayed (I keep 6 icons displayed at all times). I would prefer a watchface that displays the date all the time with 6 bigger hub icons. Is this something you can implement?
    How would you see this happening? There must be some space to place those bigger items, so you rather get a smaller clock, or must reserve some place elsewhere.

Also are you able to give us an all dark watch face with light icons?
    This might be something I can help you with, although this will bypass Roger and eventually this would could compatibility issues. So I want to know what's Roger's thought on this because he should be the one supporting it at the end of the road.

Technically I can create the all black theme and share a *.pbw watchface file with you, or release it on MyPebbleFaces.com or maybe even Pebble Store.

Posted from Dev Alpha C
    10-08-15 11:31 AM
    There's a bug in both new watchfaces that only affects original Pebble owners (including original Pebble Steel) and that will crash the watchface once in awhile. I've already fixed it, but the update might take up to a week to be approved by BlackBerry. I've updated Pebble App Store watchfaces, so you can install from Pebble Ap Store (using Talk2Watch) instead of installing from Hub2Watch app.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Hey Roger,

I'm one of those OG Pebble folks. Will the update also fix an error where the watchfaces won't install? Whenever I attempt it, I get the "Installing" dialog but nothing happens. I've gotten it to work once out of about 20 tries and the face crashed soon after.

Edit: And yes, I've done the uninstall, delete scripts, reboot, reinstall, reconnect procedure a few times .

Thanks,
    Matt
    10-08-15 11:53 AM
    I too would like a white icon option. I guess it would be quite feasible to run those icon pngs through an inverting filter inside photoshop and give us a toggle for black/white icons? The black icons are hard to see if the bottom color is too dark (e.g. deep blue).
    10-08-15 12:40 PM
    Hey Roger,

I'm one of those OG Pebble folks. Will the update also fix an error where the watchfaces won't install? Whenever I attempt it, I get the "Installing" dialog but nothing happens. I've gotten it to work once out of about 20 tries and the face crashed soon after.

Edit: And yes, I've done the uninstall, delete scripts, reboot, reinstall, reconnect procedure a few times .

Thanks,
    Matt
    I am experiencing this too but it is a talk2watch bug as it affects the installation all watchfaces. I can no longer add apps on my OG pebble since the last T2W update.
    10-08-15 12:45 PM
    If people make their own faces with the open source... can you show it off here?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 02:35 PM
    If people make their own faces with the open source... can you show it off here?

Posted via CB10
    My first attempt is not so special, just showing the next event on wristshake instead of the battery for Pebble and BlackBerry below the time (instead of the popup screen).

PS @Roger, how much of an overhaul will adding a timestamp for the next event be for the philosophy of your Companian App?

Posted from Dev Alpha C
    10-08-15 02:59 PM
    This might be something I can help you with, although this will bypass Roger and eventually this would could compatibility issues. So I want to know what's Roger's thought on this because he should be the one supporting it at the end of the road.

Technically I can create the all black theme and share a *.pbw watchface file with you, or release it on MyPebbleFaces.com or maybe even Pebble Store.
    I'm totally fine with this, in fact I've helped another dev achieve the same for his own use.

Basically, to avoid having to recreate the icons in white, you can add an InverterLayer to the bottom section. Just be aware that an InverterLayer is not available for color watchfaces and will create a compile error if you try to add this to color. Look at the code, I already have an InverterLayer on bluetooth disconnection, you need to wrap it in the compiler C preprocessor
    #ifdef PBL_PLATFORM_APLITE

Also, I suggest that you keep the same watchface UUID if you send it to someone else, as Hub2Watch will only work with a few UUID, I can list them all to you one day, I've even reserved one UUID for other developers like you.

Pebble App Store would be the ideal solution as you can quickly access it from within Talk2Watch, but you won't be able to add a watchface with the same UUID, so MyPebbleFaces may seems to be the right place for now.

Posted via CB10
    JunkieXP likes this.
    10-08-15 04:44 PM
    PS @Roger, how much of an overhaul will adding a timestamp for the next event be for the philosophy of your Companian App?
    I can do that, is this behavior good :
    If the next event is today, add time before the calendar event (ie: 7:00PM Toronto Maple Leafs game).
    If the next event is another day, add date before the calendar event (ie: Sun Toronto Maple Leafs game).

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 04:48 PM
    Hey Roger,

Thanks,
    Matt
    As stated by another member, it's a Talk2Watch bug and it seems like there's a few possible solution, they might or might not work in your case :
    - Install from App Store instead of from Hub2Watch
    - Reinstall Talk2Watch
    - Close Talk2Watch, open Pebble Android app, connect and install from App Store
    - Reset to factory your watch

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:09 PM
    I can do that, is this behavior good :
    If the next event is today, add time before the calendar event (ie: 7:00PM Toronto Maple Leafs game).
    If the next event is another day, add date before the calendar event (ie: Sun Toronto Maple Leafs game).

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid it must be within the same string? That's the thing with the whole '12H / 24H' debacle and the reason I was suggesting the timestamp so one could create it's own style.

To support everyone's prefixes, you should put a lot of work for support and proper settings in your companion app if I recall correctly and this would lead to confusion and people disliking I'm affraid.

Posted from Dev Alpha C
    10-08-15 05:13 PM
    I'm afraid it must be within the same string? That's the thing with the whole '12H / 24H' debacle and the reason I was suggesting the timestamp so one could create it's own style.

To support everyone's prefixes, you should put a lot of work for support and proper settings in your companion app if I recall correctly and this would lead to confusion and people disliking I'm affraid.

Posted from Dev Alpha C
    Well, the calendar event would need a facelift if you need it with a timestamp, I would need to change Hub2Watch app to send a pair of timestamp + events to the watch and change all watchfaces code to handle the new format. I already said it before, I never liked how calendar events were implemented in Hub2Watch, I don't plan to waste time on overhauling calendar events when Pebble Time got the amazing timeline and it's also coming to original Pebble later.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:00 PM
    As stated by another member, it's a Talk2Watch bug and it seems like there's a few possible solution, they might or might not work in your case :
    - Install from App Store instead of from Hub2Watch
    - Reinstall Talk2Watch
    - Close Talk2Watch, open Pebble Android app, connect and install from App Store
    - Reset to factory your watch

Posted via CB10
    It seems to work when downloaded from the store. Only one crash since then and it was quite a while ago.

General question: can someone point me to the best resource for scripts? And/or does anyone know if there's a script command to turn off the Pebble?

Thanks again!
    10-08-15 06:04 PM
    It seems to work when downloaded from the store. Only one crash since then and it was quite a while ago.

General question: can someone point me to the best resource for scripts? And/or does anyone know if there's a script command to turn off the Pebble?

Thanks again!
    Maybe you should ask this question in Talk2Watch thread, there might be better suited people over there to help, but as far as I can't tell, it's impossible to shut down the Pebble programmatically, and there's no script to turn off the Pebble.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:09 PM
    Here's a Box link to old watchfaces if you prefer the old style :
    https://app.box.com/s/6hygp4q05q7djyrpx1u9thorh9wr1f8t

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:09 PM
    Well, the calendar event would need a facelift if you need it with a timestamp, I would need to change Hub2Watch app to send a pair of timestamp + events to the watch and change all watchfaces code to handle the new format. I already said it before, I never liked how calendar events were implemented in Hub2Watch, I don't plan to waste time on overhauling calendar events when Pebble Time got the amazing timeline and it's also coming to original Pebble later.

Posted via CB10
    I totally understand why this won't be worth your time, especially when you take in mind the upcoming Timeline update for OG Pebble (although I cause I still would be using the Wristshake I've implemented yesterday, but this might be a personal preference).

How much effort will it cost you to implement the following (and would you be willing to put this time into achieving such):
    - Toggle setting to put time in string (like you proposed)
    - 12h / 24h option
    - All day marker (or empty, but at least an if to not start "all day events" at 00:00)
    10-09-15 02:01 AM
    Really like the way hub's items display. Very smart and beauty. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 05:36 AM
416 ... 89101112 ...