Considering one of the two....any feedback so far?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:42 AM
    As the developer of HUB++ let me point out one simple fact.

HUB++ has all features of all other LED/Notification apps PLUS
    *** Per contact missed call custom LED notifications
    *** Disco LED with LED composer that lets you compose your own LED notifications like you are playing a piano.

We just keep finding new ways to bring features that no one else has figured out.

Considering one of the two....any feedback so far?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:20 AM
    As the developer of HUB++ let me point out one simple fact.

HUB++ has all features of all other LED/Notification apps PLUS
    *** Per contact missed call custom LED notifications
    *** Disco LED with LED composer that lets you compose your own LED notifications like you are playing a piano.

We just keep finding new ways to bring features that no one else has figured out.
    Lol...no offense meant to either one of you guys...you both have great reps....currently, I have Advance OS on my 9900, which is fine, but I have never used either app in my title, so I don't really know how they differ...mainly because I only use a few basic features like BBM, email, sms, fb, what's app. All LED indications. Nothing else. So, I have to say I am new to both these apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:39 AM
    I have both apps, and currently due to the limitations set by Blackberry, they are very similar.

Both offer a very similar experience but currently it seems that BeBuzz offers more with LED notifications. They have figured out how to have BBM LED change when the screen is in lock mode only, and have isolated Twitter and Facebook to have their own LEDs whereas Hub++ lumps Facebook and Twitter (and work emails) together.

As far as the navigation and menus of each goes I personally think BeBuzz has done an excellent job by making it look like it would be something in the actual settings screen whereas Hub++ has a definitive 3rd party app feel.

Both offer a message preview with limited options from there, again probably due to the API's not being available. BeBuzz offers text to speech -- although I believe it only reads the subject of emails. Another thing that BeBuzz has that Hub++ doesn't is the option to have the notifier for if you are in an area with cellular coverage.

Both offer the option to have different vibration lengths and control the LED speed and duration. Both offer a disco LED setting, but I do believe Hub++ offers you the ability to make your own colour combination whereas BeBuzz does not. Both offer the ability to create seperate LED notifiers for individual contacts.

Both have a relatively useless active frame screen seeing as we have to keep them open.

Hub++'s strong point is that the developers were first to give BB10 users this type of app, and they have been very active on the forums answering any issues, implementing users ideas into updates and being an all around great presence. BeBuzz has a history of also charging for major upgrades which is a bit of a downfall. On legacy BB devices I think I paid for BerryBuzz before it was known as BeBuzz on 3 seperate occasions.

Realistically for now, they are similar, once more API's get released how they handle it and such will be the difference maker. Personally I like the look of BeBuzz and have decided to make that my go to LED notifier app for now.
    04-10-13 02:02 AM
    Wow, that seems like a pretty thorough overview....probably more than I would be using in either case....thank you!!!

I don't use profiles and other indications, other than an led for each app function I noted earlier.

Probably a toss up in the current state...I was leaning towards Hub++ because they were first out of the gate, but waiting for the active frame issue to be resolved, but I really want to make the switch, so I'll suck up the active frame issue until the API's have been made available for the change.

Be Buzz looks pretty good too...leaning toward the UI for them at this point....but I wanted some feedback from you guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:14 AM
    I've been following the Hub++ thread with much interest, being a longtime user of AOSLED on my 9810. Looking at the video review of Hub++ and the screenshots of BeBuzz Pro, it seems that BeBuzz allows for vibration customization similar to the native OS 7 vibration settings (duration and number) while Hub++ only offers changing vibration duration. Can anyone confirm whether any one of these apps allows to set things like 2 medium vibrations for email account 1, 1 long vibration for email account 2, and 5 short vibrations for phone calls?

The support for Hub++ seems to be top-notch and the dev seems to be super open to user feedback...reminds me of Sultan.

Well, I gotta decide pretty soon because I'm finally switching to my Z10 today and I think I'd go insane without custom notifications.
    devcellent, Djlatino and sala7 like this.
    04-10-13 02:17 AM
    Lol......you and me both!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:19 AM
    BeBuzz has audio alerts as well with repeat notification....a big plus for me.
    04-10-13 02:25 AM
    BeBuzz has audio alerts as well with repeat notification....a big plus for me.
    Hmmmm...how so? curious....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:27 AM
    Yes in BeBuzz you can have one email account set to have 1 long vibration, and the other to have 2 medium ones. If I am not mistaken though this will not include BES email accounts .

Also you cannot set it to be for example, 1 short vibe + 1 long vibe for an individual account. If you use multiple vibes it will be for the same duration.
    04-10-13 02:29 AM
    Hmmmm...how so? curious....

Posted via CB10
    It will play the tone you choose, and then eventually play a reminder tone if you haven't checked it after x amount of time.
    04-10-13 02:31 AM
    Ok, that makes sense...I thought we could already do that through the OS, but I guess I'm thinking about OS7 on my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:32 AM
    It will play the tone you choose, and then eventually play a reminder tone if you haven't checked it after x amount of time.
    Oh, ok...I usually just leave the led on until I deal with it.... haven't really used that feature before.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:33 AM
    I think the email filtering is something that Hub++ has over BeBuzz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    devcellent likes this.
    04-10-13 02:42 AM
    Any comparison on how they effect battery life ?
    04-10-13 02:42 AM
    I'd like a battery comp as well...
    04-10-13 02:43 AM
    I think the email filtering is something that Hub++ has over BeBuzz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    'splain, Lucy....

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:43 AM
    Mind you.... I'm not too pleased with the customer support of Bellshare with respect to their Be Weather app for OS7.... dont know if I want to support another one of their apps..

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:59 AM
    The support sets these apps apart.
    And also the fact that devcellent don't charge for most of their upgrades, Bellshare has a history of doing that.
    Bellshare's support has historically been just awful and there's no reason to suspect that will change.

Hub++ was first out of the gate by literally weeks. I'd like to think they will continue to stay ahead going forward.
    When you ask for features the devs implement them.
    I asked for a vibrate on connect feature yesterday and the devs have committed to it.

Hub++ Active Frame was useless so people asked if they could make it a battery indicator which would make it useful and make you have to get one less app.
    Less than a week later it was done.

They're both similar, but I'm going with Hub++, seems the better choice going forward, support, feature and time wise.
    deltact, devcellent, imz and 2 others like this.
    04-10-13 03:22 AM
    Thanks, Bob...good point... support is important.

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-10-13 03:39 AM
    I've been happy with Hub++. I don't notice any major battery drain and I like the battery monitor that was added to the Active Frame. That allowed me to get rid of having to use a separate battery app. So I guess cutting down from 2 Active frames to just 1 that does both probably saved me battery life. I don't know what BeBuzz puts in their frame.

Plus, I like the developer's commitment to implementing user suggestions.

If I had neither and had to pick, I would still go with Hub++ simply because he currently is not charging extra for upgrades where BeBuzz has past history of doing so. I've never agreed with that format. To me, that is penalizing long term customers. If I pay for incremental upgrades and someone new purchases the app off my word of mouth, that new user gets the benefits that I have paid for.

If the developer needs additional income to support newer versions outside of just an increased user base from good word of mouth, then charge more for the app as time goes on so the costs are passed to new users not punishing your early supporters.

Of course, it's too early to say what BeBuzz is going to do with that, and hopefully Hub++ isn't planning on that route in the future either.
    04-10-13 03:53 AM
    Well I think I've decided that as soon as ipk is available and HUB++ can run in background I'm going with that. Thanks for all the info guys.

Posted via CB10
    devcellent likes this.
    04-10-13 06:02 AM
    Thanks for your comment and support. All future upgrades of HUB++ will be free. The early buyers are the once who supported us from the beginning. If you look at our previous records with Email++ app for BBOS, the upgrades were always free. We are committed to enhancing HUB++ with user feedback and API availability. Our latest update will have custom LED for per contact Phone & BBM calls among other features.
    I've been happy with Hub++. I don't notice any major battery drain and I like the battery monitor that was added to the Active Frame. That allowed me to get rid of having to use a separate battery app. So I guess cutting down from 2 Active frames to just 1 that does both probably saved me battery life. I don't know what BeBuzz puts in their frame.

Plus, I like the developer's commitment to implementing user suggestions.

If I had neither and had to pick, I would still go with Hub++ simply because he currently is not charging extra for upgrades where BeBuzz has past history of doing so. I've never agreed with that format. To me, that is penalizing long term customers. If I pay for incremental upgrades and someone new purchases the app off my word of mouth, that new user gets the benefits that I have paid for.

If the developer needs additional income to support newer versions outside of just an increased user base from good word of mouth, then charge more for the app as time goes on so the costs are passed to new users not punishing your early supporters.

Of course, it's too early to say what BeBuzz is going to do with that, and hopefully Hub++ isn't planning on that route in the future either.
    04-10-13 01:51 PM
    Just want to point out, if you go back through this thread, only one of the two devs has posted here multiple times.
    I'm telling you, support will set these two apart.
    devcellent, jonty12 and joesworld like this.
    04-10-13 02:34 PM
    Thanks for all your comments, guys...much appreciated.

I definitely agree that support if the key here, and as I said...Bellshare has been less than stellar with my issues in the past.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:47 PM
135 123 ...