View Poll Results: Are you excited about this new feature?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
    Here is a hint:

HUB++ getting another awesome feature..-img_00000222.png

Next in line are:
    • Backup/Restore of filters
    • Edit filters
    • ..and one more that we cant share yet
    AxKxB and Daveensannie like this.
    03-21-13 01:41 AM
    Hah, OK.... some people really have to go crazy with the 'disco colors' thing, but honestly I sorta doubt most people can tell the difference between "GYGGCG" and "GYCG" or even "GYG". , I would think there's only so many combinations most people can remember.

My personal priorities are reliability, stability, and low resource-usage.

Caveat: I won't have my Z10 for another week or so.

I personally need to "mute" certain notifications. On my legacy BBOS device, I have BeBuzz and also SRS Spam Blocker. BeBuzz takes care of notifications/reminders and the SRS app blocks certain calls/SMS/email. I mostly use it for SMS blocking because I need to monitor certain things 24x7, but some SMS I get are not critical and I don't want them to ie wake me up in the middle of the night.

But with that combination what I found is while the SRS app will log and block the initial alert, BeBuzz still fires the reminders for that "blocked" alert, which pretty much defeats the purpose. (I assume that SRS logs the event and blocks the "sound/LED" of the alert, but not the "event", which is what BeBuzz is responding-to.)

If you can integrate flexible/reliable filtering with *complete* control of the notifications (ie some other OS function doesn't override your app's control of the LED or sounds), then that would be interesting, to me.
    03-21-13 02:33 AM
    The first G has 3 dashes following. The rest have one. Then cyan has 3 dashes again. Plus there's a button that says "Delay". So I'm guessing they mean pause? So it stays green for a 3 count then switches colors for one counts then cyan 3 count etc? Or is it a green blip then nothing for a 3 count then continues on?

I had a police lights one from bebuzz for those "Oh **** its my Boss" type calls haha I hope it gets replicated eventually in bb10

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 02:40 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to write such an informed post. I hear you. However, please understand that BlackBerry 10 has not yet exposed the APIs needed for the features you've requested. What we've done so far is pure genius considering how much we had to innovate to get it to where it is now. I can however assure you that, HUB++ will remain the top app of its kind. All the features you've requested are on our roadmap but we are waiting for the APIs to become available.

>> We've got sms/email blockers. We call them filters as they are not always for blocking.
    >> With hub++ you wont have the problem of conflicting notification because both filtering/blocking and notification is integrated in one app.
    >> Our filters are tested with comprehensive test suite and are highly reliable.

Cheers.

Hah, OK.... some people really have to go crazy with the 'disco colors' thing, but honestly I sorta doubt most people can tell the difference between "GYGGCG" and "GYCG" or even "GYG". , I would think there's only so many combinations most people can remember.

My personal priorities are reliability, stability, and low resource-usage.

Caveat: I won't have my Z10 for another week or so.

I personally need to "mute" certain notifications. On my legacy BBOS device, I have BeBuzz and also SRS Spam Blocker. BeBuzz takes care of notifications/reminders and the SRS app blocks certain calls/SMS/email. I mostly use it for SMS blocking because I need to monitor certain things 24x7, but some SMS I get are not critical and I don't want them to ie wake me up in the middle of the night.

But with that combination what I found is while the SRS app will log and block the initial alert, BeBuzz still fires the reminders for that "blocked" alert, which pretty much defeats the purpose. (I assume that SRS logs the event and blocks the "sound/LED" of the alert, but not the "event", which is what BeBuzz is responding-to.)

If you can integrate flexible/reliable filtering with *complete* control of the notifications (ie some other OS function doesn't override your app's control of the LED or sounds), then that would be interesting, to me.
    03-21-13 02:49 AM
    However, please understand that BlackBerry 10 has not yet exposed the APIs needed for the features you've requested. What we've done so far is pure genius considering how much we had to innovate to get it to where it is now. I can however assure you that, HUB++ will remain the top app of its kind. All the features you've requested are on our roadmap but we are waiting for the APIs to become available.

>> We've got sms/email blockers. We call them filters as they are not always for blocking.
    >> With hub++ you wont have the problem of conflicting notification because both filtering/blocking and notification is integrated in one app.
    >> Our filters are tested with comprehensive test suite and are highly reliable.

OK, that's interesting, because the only "feature" I'm really asking for in my comment was being able to selectively notify/remind depending on the content or source of a message/sms/call. And with your filters I'd think you can do that, especially as you mention, the filters are integrated with the notification engine.

I realize there are missing APIs for custom notification profiles. I realize there is no support yet for headless apps. But I wasn't asking for something there that required those things. (Though they will certainly be useful when BBRY opens that up.)

Perhaps I need to go peruse some documentation and see what's there exactly.
    03-21-13 03:09 AM
    Email and SMS are supported for your use cases by HUB++ today. As more APIs become available, we will be adding more apps in our list of supported account types.
    03-21-13 11:59 AM
    Email and SMS are supported for your use cases by HUB++ today. As more APIs become available, we will be adding more apps in our list of supported account types.
    Sounds good, thanks.
    03-22-13 12:20 AM
    Hi devcellent. Would love notifications (and seperate/more colors, no disco/combi, ie orange) for apps like Whatsapp, Facebook etc. And also not having to keep the app open. So if I understand you right, this depends on APIs. Any idea on planning for this from side of BB? One important reason for me to choose BB is the led; without having to look in the phone, I know if I got an email from an important customer, my wife (color pink; not present), or if I got an order (orange, since company logo contains orange, which color isn't available either; not dependent on APIs I guess?).

PS love the app so far, especially ability to define leds/actions on basis of content email etc, but want to think with you
    PS2 would suggest removal of the red "ribbon" in your icon; makes first impression look cheap (most free apps do that). I'm a guy sensitive for this. Guess I'm not the only one..
    04-07-13 03:38 PM
    I love HUB++ on my Z10. Thanks for developing and supporting a great app. Looking forward to Gtalk integration.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-07-13 07:39 PM