Hello All,
    I got my z10 today and have set it up nicely to my requirements. I am really thrilled with its performance so far.
    now coming to the point, I am not a big app fan and can easily live without apps like Skype/ Kindle / Netflix and any fancy games etc. etc or any such media frenzy applications, which I know lot of folks are waiting.

BBZ10 is not a media device for me by any means. Having said that ...... I do care about some important productivity apps. and I am in a bit of dilemma here.

I DO NOT want to install any ported Android apps. I am only looking to install BB native apps.

So I am reaching out to you all with my question: How do I distinguish between a native and s ported app before installing it? this afternoon I installed Magellan GPS navigator and had to uninstall it after noting that it is an android ported app. I got this info from the reviews on some other thread.

So I want to avoid this confusion. Please help if you know ** to easily differentiate between the two native vs. ported. Also is there s place or website where all BB native apps or information (about them) is available ?

Thanks for your help in advance

vn
    Last edited by naudurivsm; 03-29-13 at 10:26 PM.
    03-29-13 09:46 PM
    I guess the question is WHY do you not want ported apps?

Personally I have a few ported apps that run extremely well. Granted, I have experienced ones that ran horribly. BlackBerry Travel is a great example of a native app initially done wrong (I understand a recent update has fixed the app somewhat).

I just load whatever I see that might fit my needs and if the app sucks or misbehaves I remove it. Regardless of the fact that it is native or ported.

I have tested literally over 150 apps on this phone since getting it March 5th and performance is still great. So I am seeing no ill affects from testing apps so far.

Keep in mind I do perform a full shut down whenever I swap in my spare battery every once in a while. So I guess my phone gets "rebooted" at least every three days.

Posted from my Z10 in the CB10 app
    03-29-13 10:08 PM
    Unless a developer states that it is an Android port, or someone comments in the reviews, you can't tell just by looking.

Once an app is installed, open the app and swipe down from the top bezel. If it is an Android app, the Android player menu will display.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-29-13 10:28 PM
    Magellan compass is not an android app, mate. It is just no so greatly-coded the UI lags. I'm guessing it's an Air App.

Look for screen shots before installing, the "Hide Bar" button is a great indicator. Sometimes, ported apps don't even have screen shots; Also, read the reviews.
    You can even check the devs name for "Droid" references.
    03-29-13 10:36 PM