You must link your instagram account to your Facebook account. Otherwise you'll get a error message. Use your old Iphone or old android device to link instagram to your Facebook account. Once linked with a Iphone or andriod. Then use your bbz10 and click the instagram icon, you slide loaded onto your bbz10. Then click log in, choose forget password. Then choose reset password with Facebook.you'll be able to log into instagram.

Good Luck.
    03-24-13 01:29 AM
    thanks man finally it works!
    03-24-13 11:46 AM
    Here are step by step instructions to connect instagram and facebook: Smartphones How-Tos � Wonder How To...

After connecting the two, I logged into instragram (regularly) on my android device and selected one of my pics and hit the "share" button. Then i asked it to share to facebook. Once you do that, it initiates the full link between instagram and facebook, then you can try the reset password login (using the steps in this article).

**IMPORTANT Note: if you have received the "Sorry, ..." error, you'll need to delete and re-sideload instagram before it will work.
    03-24-13 11:57 AM
    How do you get pass the your version is out of date screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 12:25 PM
    I keep getting an error that says that the version I have is out of date and that I need to update. So frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:03 PM
    How do you get pass the your version is out of date screen?0
    I keep getting an error that says that the version I have is out of date and that I need to update.
    Try deleting the app, then re-sideload.
    03-24-13 06:24 PM
    I've literally tried everything. Connected with Facebook account. Tried to change password in instagram app. And keep getting "Sorry we cannot complete your request....."

I've deleted and re side loaded and keep getting the same message every time.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:22 PM
    Works like a breeze for me. For those who can't get it to work - do it slowly and patiently. I had initial problems with sideloading, and having worked through it, takes me a minute to do it now. Thanks Crackberry for the workaround!
    03-24-13 09:11 PM
    So I finally got it to work, here's what I did as nothing worked. I even tried opening the native facebook app and leaving it open when trying to reset the password. So I just thought maybe I'll try downloading the facebook android app from good e-reader. Opened up facebook and went back to the instagram app and followed the reset password steps and it went through and now I'm on instagram.

About freaking time!
    zeratul65535 likes this.
    03-24-13 10:06 PM
    What if you don't have an IPhone or Android phone and just starting to want to use Instagram? What do I do?
    Rani13 likes this.
    03-25-13 04:33 AM
    just out f curiosity, so we are using an android version of instagram (sideloaded). What if instagram on androids got an update. Does that mean we wont be able to get that update to the Z10 and we are locked in this current version of instagram that we uses now?
    mystic84 likes this.
    03-25-13 04:47 AM
    just out f curiosity, so we are using an android version of instagram (sideloaded). What if instagram on androids got an update. Does that mean we wont be able to get that update to the Z10 and we are locked in this current version of instagram that we uses now?
    Keep checking this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781088

If you notice there's an update send a note to Koz to see if he can update the file on his site.

Posted via CB10
    filoinstyle likes this.
    03-25-13 06:12 AM
    the first time the Facebook reset didn't work for me..i only put instagram on yesterday night and it worked for me..i had to keep closing and reopening the app..but in the end it did it..just keep trying is all i can advice. the other advice is make sure on Facebook and instagram as people said your accounts are linked
    03-25-13 06:15 AM
    I sideloaded the app, tried to login, got the error message, then tried the facebook trick. Worked like a charm, thank you very much
    03-25-13 07:19 AM
    How can i get the icon?? Anyone can send me a link?? I can see anywhere in app world!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:25 PM
    Bang on. I don't have any iPhone or Android devices. Neither I've ever subscribed to Instagram. What can I do?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:52 PM
    hey is there any other way to link my facebook account to IG ?? i don't have an old android or iphone device :/
    03-26-13 01:27 AM
    The reset password screen now shows a blank white page. Looks like they really don't want us using this. :-(

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:43 AM
    Anyone else who doesn't have a I-Phone or android. There isn't a way around it. But I'm sure you can borrow a friends phone or go to a local phone carrier and link your account.
    03-26-13 02:32 AM
    Here is what I did:

I un-installed Instagram on Bluestacks (get it if you don't have it). Then re-installed it. Obviously just install it if you just downloaded it. I then made a new Instagram account, don't do the like "use your Facebook" option when signing up. Go onto your Facebook and go under the app search, search Instagram, install it as an app. Click "Send to Mobile." Then go back to your Bluestacks and logged into Instagram, go to settings and allow sharing onto your Facebook account. Then go back to Instagram on your phone, click forgot password, and do the reset through Facebook again. It should work
    03-26-13 07:48 AM
    all i get for instagram is "incompatible device: your device doesn't meet the minimum camera requirements"

i've tried 6 different versions, it's all the same thing. i'm assuming instagram has put an end to this.
    Last edited by katiepea; 03-26-13 at 06:51 PM.
    03-26-13 06:05 PM
    anyone else getting this? i can't get instagram working for the life of me.
    03-26-13 11:46 PM
    I am assuming that you tried the bar from the CB article. That's the one I used.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 01:16 AM
    I am assuming that you tried the bar from the CB article. That's the one I used.

Posted via CB10
    yes, i just got my z10 today, have tried the link here though i'm using a third party to create the .bar from the apk in the article. maybe that's giving me a bunk version. i don't see crackberry linking directly to a .bar.

as i typed that i realized the convertor i was using online may be just kicking a different version to me instead of actually converting, it was, i googled the specific bar and it's working now.
    Last edited by katiepea; 03-27-13 at 01:52 AM.
    03-27-13 01:26 AM
    I don't have a Facebook account, but I do have an Instagram account on my iPod touch..

Am I sh1t outta luck until an official release (ever) comes? I got it sideloaded fine, it's just like doing it on my PlayBook, but I get the thing about my Version being Out Of Date and to go to the Play Store
    03-27-13 01:48 AM
88 123 ...