Hi

Starting to look around BBM to see if I can get some value from it.

How do I separate contacts into groups? There are group options there but they appear to be something different where the contacts in question know what groups they're in, which isn't what I want.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:04 PM
    I'm not 100% sure I' understanding your question, but try this and see if it's what you're looking for...

Go to BBM > Contacts. Long press on a contact and select "Move Contact" from the slide-out menu. Tap "Add Category" at the bottom of the screen. For the next BBM contact you want to movce to the same group, just select the category you've already created. Note that BBM contact categories only show when you access BBM contacts from BBM, not the subset under the Contacts app.

Is this what you're trying to do? If not, can you clarify?
    No spot for grouping your contacts, unless you have a group going it will show you who is in the group.
    08-09-14 05:16 PM
    I'm not 100% sure I' understanding your question, but try this and see if it's what you're looking for...

Go to BBM > Contacts. Long press on a contact and select "Move Contact" from the slide-out menu. Tap "Add Category" at the bottom of the screen. For the next BBM contact you want to movce to the same group, just select the category you've already created. Note that BBM contact categories only show when you access BBM contacts from BBM, not the subset under the Contacts app.

anon721037, Banco and Gatmyer like this.
    08-09-14 05:24 PM

I didn't even check to see if we could still do that, thanks.

BlackBerry is a better experience
    08-09-14 05:26 PM
    I didn't even check to see if we could still do that, thanks.

I'd like to say something about teaching an old dog old tricks, but that would be inappropriate for a moderator...
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-09-14 05:30 PM
    I'd like to say something about teaching an old dog old tricks, but that would be inappropriate for a moderator...
    Not when your talking to me, lmao

08-09-14 05:31 PM
    Not when your talking to me, lmao

I've given myself a stern warning.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-09-14 05:34 PM
    @Elesssar Yes that's it - thanks . I knew it had to be there but couldn't find it. It's well hidden, but it works!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 05:39 AM
    Obviously I already knew all about this and haven't just sorted all my contacts into groups and owe you thanks, oh no not at all.... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 05:46 AM
    I had no idea you could do this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 07:30 AM
    Hey, glad to help guys. Now you can show your BBM buddies the nifty little trick. And they'll tell 2 friends... and so on.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-10-14 10:06 AM