I have downloaded and deleted the Kindle app many times in an attempt to get it working. The icon will appear but when opened the app will bring up the permissions screen and then go blank and eventually close. I have tried many other apps with the same results. I am using Verizon's Z10 with the latest OS.
    05-09-13 02:17 PM
    Have you tried a device wipe?
    05-09-13 02:21 PM
    I have wiped the device and have tried to load Kindle since the wipe.
    05-09-13 02:28 PM
    I have downloaded and deleted the Kindle app many times in an attempt to get it working. The icon will appear but when opened the app will bring up the permissions screen and then go blank and eventually close. I have tried many other apps with the same results. I am using Verizon's Z10 with the latest OS.
    You may have to remove the kindle app's entire Android directory hierarchy on the device memory.

It isn't properly wiped when the app is deleted.

Uninstall the kindle app.
    Remove this from file manager:
    Device:/misc/android/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle
    Reload the kindle app.

It should work.
    05-09-13 02:48 PM
    You may have to remove the kindle app's entire Android directory hierarchy on the device memory.

It isn't properly wiped when the app is deleted.

Uninstall the kindle app.
    Remove this from file manager:
    Device:/misc/android/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle
    Reload the kindle app.

It should work.
    OK, so I went to the File Manager and went to /misc/android/android/data. There was no Amazon file there so I backed up a level to /misc/android/android. When I try to delete the android folder I get "directory not empty." I tried to reinstall Kindle with the same results.
    05-09-13 03:53 PM
    what a total pain this all seems to be. You'd think a company like kindle would make sure the app works perfectly. Do we need to be computer scientists to get these apps working ??? What is a layman supposed to do ?????
    05-09-13 09:40 PM
    I agree. While the z10 is a great phone the app issues are a pain.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 11:28 AM
    Well with my very own z10 I have installed and am using the Kindle app and I have to say it's incredible. I swipe down and get all the controls. It's like a native app. Books load up beautifully. So many options. I really love it.

Posted via CB10
    araskin likes this.
    05-27-13 06:35 PM
    OK, so I went to the File Manager and went to /misc/android/android/data. There was no Amazon file there so I backed up a level to /misc/android/android. When I try to delete the android folder I get "directory not empty." I tried to reinstall Kindle with the same results.
    Is the directory actually empty tho? Not saying that's wiping it will solve the problem, but.. are there others on the forums with the same problem?

Posted from a factory unlocked Z10 (and I also have one for sale)
    05-27-13 06:55 PM