How can I make my headphone jack button work with my BB 10?-img_20150303_222929_edit.jpg

This I am sure many of you are familiar with. For those who don't know, its a headphone jack plugin button. For compatible phones it adds a simple, easy, good looking, tiny button on your phone's headphone jack. Here is the thing, this version of it has an app called Klick on the android app markets. This is just a cheap version of some other better known and more expensive versions of the same thing essentially. It lets you add a surprising number of functions to that button. A different sequence of quick and long presses would get your phone to quickly obey your command. From quickly snapping a picture to turning on the flashlight, simple things that normally takes an unreasonable amount of swipes and taps. the app also lets you set these sequences to the call answer/mute button on your headphones. Cool, right? well hang on.

Now, I have noticed that there is no real way to change the behavior of the button on the headset when we use it with BB10 devices (honestly I feel like we could do this on legacy devices, but I don't remember). My question is this, is there any way to make this work with our BB10 devices?

Thanks in advance, I feel I've looked everywhere for a way, but nah so far. The app works fine, and the button just works like a mute/call answer button, but I can't find a way to customize this function. Possible?

Rano
    03-04-15 01:02 AM
    Seems interesting but I have never seen anything like it.
    03-04-15 09:08 AM
    Well see like a good idea. And yes legacy devices could configure the side convenience keys. I had one if mine set to the video camera to turn on the light for a flashlight and the other set for the regular camera. I would love the same on bb10. Even if only 1 button was available, I'd be nice to set it to call up my most frequently used app or function.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:14 AM
    If you have a physical keyboard device Q5/Q10/Classic/Passport you can use this app to add more keyboard shortcuts like holding the "f" key will turn on the flashlight while in the HomeScreen. Press it again to turn off

Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts - BlackBerry World

If you have OS10.3+ you can use Quick Launch to open the Launcher just by holding the volume key down. You can then launch your apps. Note that not all apps can be launched but most core apps are there.

Quick Launch - Application Launcher - BlackBerry World
    03-04-15 11:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_222929_edit.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	338660

This I am sure many of you are familiar with. For those who don't know, its a headphone jack plugin button. For compatible phones it adds a simple, easy, good looking, tiny button on your phone's headphone jack. Here is the thing, this version of it has an app called Klick on the android app markets. This is just a cheap version of some other better known and more expensive versions of the same thing essentially. It lets you add a surprising number of functions to that button. A different sequence of quick and long presses would get your phone to quickly obey your command. From quickly snapping a picture to turning on the flashlight, simple things that normally takes an unreasonable amount of swipes and taps. the app also lets you set these sequences to the call answer/mute button on your headphones. Cool, right? well hang on.

Now, I have noticed that there is no real way to change the behavior of the button on the headset when we use it with BB10 devices (honestly I feel like we could do this on legacy devices, but I don't remember). My question is this, is there any way to make this work with our BB10 devices?

Thanks in advance, I feel I've looked everywhere for a way, but nah so far. The app works fine, and the button just works like a mute/call answer button, but I can't find a way to customize this function. Possible?

Rano
    I had a similar app on the old PalmOS using the phone head set. Clicking on the different sequence will automatically speed dial a person. Shouldn't be too difficult to do if BB10 can detect the button press.
    03-04-15 11:12 AM
    Have you tried one of the Android apps for these things?

I have one of these coming in the mail and they mentioned there is an Android app downloadable.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:38 PM
    Someone have a link to this device? Thanks in advance.
    03-04-15 05:26 PM
    03-04-15 06:10 PM
    On ebay there are ones available for $1.25 Canadian each. I wonder if one of the app developers here or peeps who know more about this can chime in. Is this doable?
    03-04-15 07:03 PM
    yeah i've tried the android app and still the only thing it does is mute and call answer
    03-05-15 12:25 AM
    Have you tried one of the Android apps for these things?

I have one of these coming in the mail and they mentioned there is an Android app downloadable.

Posted via CB10
    yeah i've tried the android app and still the only thing it does is mute and call answer
    03-05-15 12:26 AM
    Is anyone still interested in this?

It is possible. I have ordered some and testing it now.

The real problem would the BB10 OS since apps can not be launched in Headless mode. There are alot of neat tricks can be done with this little Jack.
    04-16-15 09:04 PM

The real problem would the BB10 OS since apps can not be launched in Headless mode. There are alot of neat tricks can be done with this little Jack.
    I'd be interested

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:09 PM
    I am totally still interested. I have a couple of the buttons, if you're in Toronto or surrounding areas, i'll give you one to work on. Totally interested.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:32 AM

I am totally still interested. I have a couple of the buttons, if you're in Toronto or surrounding areas, i'll give you one to work on. Totally interested.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I brought 3 and it works pretty good except when you want to listen to music then you have to take it out.
    I'm in Calgary.

What do you like to see in the app? Similar to the Android app? flashlight, launch apps etc..?
    04-29-15 08:19 AM
    I brought 3 and it works pretty good except when you want to listen to music then you have to take it out.
    I'm in Calgary.

What do you like to see in the app? Similar to the Android app? flashlight, launch apps etc..?
    what's working for you? I can only use it as audio controls, and also when I have it plugged in I don't hear my hub notifications as it thinks a headphone is plugged in. I can't use the app to control anything really. what are you using it for?
    04-29-15 06:23 PM
    what's working for you? I can only use it as audio controls, and also when I have it plugged in I don't hear my hub notifications as it thinks a headphone is plugged in. I can't use the app to control anything really. what are you using it for?
    I'm not using it for anything right now. I have a test app and I can set different actions.
    When I have more time I will do the full app.
    04-29-15 09:27 PM
    I'm not using it for anything right now. I have a test app and I can set different actions.
    When I have more time I will do the full app.
    No wayyy! You have a working test app? That's awesomeness! Need a tester!? I don't have much experience but when and if you need me to do anything let me know! This is great!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:31 PM
    No wayyy! You have a working test app? That's awesomeness! Need a tester!? I don't have much experience but when and if you need me to do anything let me know! This is great!

Posted via CB10
    Join my BBM Channel and you can bbm me for info.
    04-30-15 12:20 AM
    Sure thing

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:22 AM
    I got a dumb question that isn't related to the function of the button but the jack part of it. Can you use this to get the FM radio to work? So I don't have to carry headphones, and I don't want to cut one apart for the end part
    05-01-15 07:42 PM
    I got a dumb question that isn't related to the function of the button but the jack part of it. Can you use this to get the FM radio to work? So I don't have to carry headphones, and I don't want to cut one apart for the end part
    Nope
    05-04-15 03:57 PM
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F330653194270
    05-04-15 04:03 PM
    But don't you need the headphones to hear the sound? Plugging anything in will divert the audio to the jack
    05-05-15 09:43 AM
27 12