Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts

I will sub to Netflix if it comes to BB10. If not - oh well. Personally they have pissed me off with no playbook app for so long that I can live without.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Tried to help...here's the response I got.

"Thank you for holding, currently Blackberry operating systems do not support the Netflix application. We always looking for more ways to have every device out there compatible with Netflix. I wouldn't worry too much this is something that can definitely happen in the future."
    Thanked by:
    a1s2d3f4g5 (02-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Same here...have it on my Samsung Note and never use it...but Netflix Canada is awful and I'm probably going to cancel because there is hardly ever anything worth watching.
    CrackBerry User

I just did this too and here is the Answer from the rep:

Hey Mike! Again good question, do know we are actually in negotiations with Blackberry to have a Netflix app, no answer to were the negotiations are going thou, I here its Blackberry actually not to interested in having
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by pididipop View Post
    Same here...have it on my Samsung Note and never use it...but Netflix Canada is awful and I'm probably going to cancel because there is hardly ever anything worth watching.
    Sign up for unblock-us , this is a DNS service that routes you through the US or UK (Not a virtual private network so it has no network traffic effect once the DNS has connected you to the site). You can pick if you want US , CANADA, UK, and switch back and forth. this also give you access to all the US Networks, HULU etc. Also all the BBC stuff in the UK as well. On netflix you just use you Canadian Logon and it works fine.

It costs $5.00 per month, works well and give you way more content. Some stuff is only available on the Canadian Website believe or not so they give the ability to switch back and forth.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

Default Help us get Netflix on BB10!

My friend jut finished chatting with Netflix. The agent told him that they are currently seeing some requests for a BB10 Netflix app and that they are monitoring the demand and if they have enough requests that they will definitly make an app.

So I urge everyone that has an account to start chat and ask for BB10 app!
    Starcraft 2 TV - Watch Professional SC2 games on Demand: http://bit.ly/18Pxrqj
    Join our channel: C001242DE
    CrackBerry User

Done. Another request made to a Netflix customer service rep; I had a short & pleasant chat with "Destiny" over at Netflix.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

Sent emails from multiple accounts to the address 'info@netflix.com' inquiring about an app, I advise other members of CB nation do the same to force the production of this app. I stated that I would become a member if the app became available on the BB10 platform, as I assume this is all netflix are interested in when considering building apps various platforms.

I don't use, or like, Netflix but it is apparent many people want it so it will be another block in the BB comeback if we gain this app

Also tweet @Netflixhelps to gain further attention

My $0.2
    Samsungs + various Nokia's > 8520 > 8900 > 9900 + Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

I started a chat and asked when.. they said no date set, but asked if I wanted to let their engineers know.. I told him yes, but also to cancel my account over the fact they have been dragging their feer on BB10 and Playbook , and to please let his manager know that is the reason why
    CrackBerry User

For some weird reason I cannot request a chat session even though I have an account. However, I cancelled my subscription a few months ago. Could that be the reason for this issue?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Just had a nice chat with Ashley and she said that there were A LOT of these demands these days!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  

Quote Originally Posted by dalight13 View Post
    Just had a nice chat with Ashley and she said that there were A LOT of these demands these days!!
    Good to hear.
    I've had different responses. One agent told me the has never had any requests for BB. But other people tell me that they've had many requests .

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

this what i got from netflix about a netflix app for bb10

Alright so I just checked it out and it looks like Black Berry still hasn't signed a contract with us to allow us to play on there devices.

9 minutes agoNetflixTony

I would totally contact them and tell them you want netflix!
    Khouri86 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Chapman1 View Post
    this what i got from netflix about a netflix app for bb10

Alright so I just checked it out and it looks like Black Berry still hasn't signed a contract with us to allow us to play on there devices.

9 minutes agoNetflixTony

I would totally contact them and tell them you want netflix!
    I call bull. Blackberry has even tweeted that they are ready to help Netflix build the app.

r0v3rT3N and Khouri86 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

My chat with Netflix ...

Here is the transcript from your recent chat with customer support:
    Netflix Abel
    Hey! How can I help you out?
    You
    Hey there Abel. I don't have a tech issue, Netflix is working great and I am a happy camper. However, I was looking for a timeline as to when you will have a Netflix app on BlackBerry's new BB10 operating system.
    Netflix Abel
    Ahh I cant wait for that new blackberry to come out! Let me check on that for you, am I chatting with Martin?
    You
    Yes you are. Fortunately I'm in Canada and I have the new Z10 already.
    Netflix Abel
    Lucky you! Is that phone better then the iPhone or how is it? Let me check and see if theres any information on that, just a moment please.
    You
    I like it better than an iPhone but that's cause I am biased. Been a BlackBerry guy for many years.
    Netflix Abel
    Yeah I hear you there. I see nothing about that device just yet. This is a real popular device so i'm sure that it will be working real soon. Can I track this chat so that Netflix knows you are looking to get this app asap!!
    You
    that would be awesome .. thank you Sir
    Netflix Abel
    No problem at all! Anything else I can assist you with?
    You
    that's it .. many thanks
    Netflix Abel
    No problem at all! Have an amazing rest of the day!!
    7100t -> 7230 -> 7290 -> 8700r -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 8520 -> 9800 -> 9810 -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Nexus 4 (sigh)
    CrackBerry Addict

I've started pestering app developers that I'd love to see come to BB10 with the twitter hashtag #GetWithBB10... join in!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal123 View Post
    If I wanted to watch netflix I have 2 HD tvs 50" and 36" 2 computers ps3 and xbox 360. I think watching tv or movies on a smartphone is pathetic.
    It's not pathetic if you're kid's going for testing or treatment or appointments and having a device that plays Netflix will help them with a distraction. We spend a lot of time with our kids at Sick Kids hospital and it would be very helpful.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    331C90C1

Quote Originally Posted by BriniaSona View Post
    If I wanted movies, I'd watch them on my 50 inch.

Netflics in Canada sucks anyways.
    I didn't realize you could take your 50 inch with you when you left your house.

Dallas Real Estate Attorney | Legal Research and News Blog | Twitter

64 gig Playbook | Blackberry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28B5716B

I've read several posts in this one thread alone that say Netflix Canada sucks, a simple change in DNS settings can take care of that :P
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    G 4.2.2.2

Netflix Customer Service
    You are now chatting with: Desiree
    6 minutes agoNetflix Desiree
    Hey! Thanks for reaching out to us, this is Desiree. Am I chatting with Jared?
    6 minutes agoYou
    Hi. When are you guys going to have an App for Blackberry 10?
    5 minutes agoNetflix Desiree
    Ah, that's a good one. Let me look that up for you. Jared, right?
    5 minutes agoYou
    yes and thanks
    5 minutes agoNetflix Desiree
    Mmhm, so this is on your cell phone?
    5 minutes agoYou
    correct
    4 minutes agoNetflix Desiree
    Thanks! Let me double check our database. Be right back.
    4 minutes agoYou
    thank you
    50 seconds agoNetflix Desiree
    Ah, right now there's no ETA and we don't have much info on if there's currently any developing in process. However, we would really love to hear if there's an interest in support on Blackberry!
    11 seconds agoNetflix Desiree
    I want to notate your account so I can pass that along to our tech team. And if any of your friends are interested and they have Netflix, please tell 'em to chat us up!
    just nowYou
    Thanks, will do.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28B5716B

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredius View Post
    11 seconds agoNetflix Desiree
    I want to notate your account so I can pass that along to our tech team. And if any of your friends are interested and they have Netflix, please tell 'em to chat us up!
    just nowYou
    Thanks, will do.

I'm waiting in queue right now

EDIT: I'm going to link them to
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...berry-devices#
    to show them there are at least 7863 other people that want it too.
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    331C90C1

Does anybody think the netflix reps are just blowing smoke up your *ss when they say they're working on an app? I get the feeling they're just saying what you want to hear so that you'll go away. Just a possibility. I hope netflix comes to BB10 AND playbook. But I've been waiting a loooooooong time. I don't have much faith in netflix at this point.
    Dallas Real Estate Attorney | Legal Research and News Blog | Twitter

64 gig Playbook | Blackberry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28B5716B

Netflix Customer Service
    You are now chatting with: Monique
    29 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Hi this is Monique, how may I help you?
    28 minutes agoYou
    Hello Monique, my name is Corey
    28 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Hi Corey...How may I help you today?
    28 minutes agoYou
    I was wondering, with the recent release of BB10, is there any plan to develop a Netflix app for the QNX platform?
    27 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Corey, may I ask what device are you using?
    26 minutes agoYou
    I use a BlackBerry Z10 and a BlackBerry PlayBook, both are built on QNX unlike the previous BlackBerry models.
    25 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Oh ok, one second as I look into that for you ok?
    25 minutes agoYou
    Sure thing
    25 minutes agoYou
    I also wanted to mention this petition I found, it has over 7000 other BlackBerry users hoping for the same thing
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...berry-devices#
    24 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Great, one moment...
    24 minutes agoYou
    No problem, thank you
    23 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    I will be right with you Corey..
    22 minutes agoYou
    thank you
    21 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Sure...
    19 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    I am still researching this for you..hang in there ok?
    19 minutes agoYou
    No problem, thank you for your time
    19 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    We are a team...
    16 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Man, you know way more about this then we have on our end, we won't have that information ..sounds cool though..
    14 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Keep checking in with us, we may have that information in the future. Do you use any other devices?
    13 minutes agoYou
    Every other device I use (PC, PS3 and Wii) are already supported. My girlfriend also uses an iPhone and iPod that are also supported. I myself have been a user of BlackBerry for a while now, and it seems to be the only device not supported. I was hoping with the release of the new platform that would change
    12 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    I'd love to be able to help you Corey... just keep checking in with us ok?
    11 minutes agoYou
    I will, I believe a lot of other BlackBerry users would be interested in development of an app too, I have even considered having a second Netflix account specifically for my devices so my girlfriend and I do not need to share
    9 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    That is true, we are constantly developing so I am sure we will be able to support you in the future,
    9 minutes agoYou
    I, and many others, would be delighted to see Netflix on our BlackBerry devices, I hope it comes soon
    8 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Corey, allow me to look into this ...one minute ok?
    3 minutes agoYou
    no problem. If there is no app currently, which I know there isn't, I was just curious if there was development in progress, and if there was, I could stop using this tiny iPod and use my PlayBook for better viewing, bigger is better, right :P
    3 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    Great way to look at it,,
    2 minutes agoNetflix Monique
    It has a great demand....
    2 minutes agoYou
    great demand for a great device
    21 seconds agoNetetflix Monique
    Great, is there anything else I can do for you today?
    just nowYou
    Thank you for your support Monique, and I'll keep looking forward to a PlayBook/BB10 version of the app
    just nowYou
    that'll be all for today
    Last edited by Khouri86; 02-18-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Reduced the font size :)
    omarha likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28B5716B

Quote Originally Posted by BSFA2008 View Post
    Does anybody think the netflix reps are just blowing smoke up your *ss when they say they're working on an app? I get the feeling they're just saying what you want to hear so that you'll go away. Just a possibility. I hope netflix comes to BB10 AND playbook. But I've been waiting a loooooooong time. I don't have much faith in netflix at this point.
    At least their response was better than last time. The first time I contacted them they said they had no plans to develop it. Second time I tried, they told me that RIM/BlackBerry was holding them back. This was when I first got my PlayBook so I had the 90 days free service tickets. RIM told me they were doing nothing to hold them back, linked me to thier twitter posts, and then also gave me instructions showing me how easy it was for even MYSELF to get developer tools for QNX. This time, they at least didnt deny it or blame it on somebody else. Maybe they actually are working on it? Or maybe thats the 'solution' they have written for when people contact about BlackBerry devices now that BB10 is out, keeping our hopes up just to crush them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I canceled my netflix account and then emailed them with my account details with an explanation that though I was happy with their service, I would only reopen my account if or when they had a fully functional BlackBerry 10 app available. I don't imagine they really care about losing me as a customer, but hey, I vote with my wallet. Asking for something usually isn't enough, but cost them on their balance sheets and things get done.
    AbsoluteT23 and R Field like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast