Hey Folks,

Trying to get organized here and emulate my 'todo's as best I can like I had it in my former android.
    I've been trying to figure out some of the syncing stuff with the remember app. It's mentioned online that the remember app syncs with the BB10 Calendar, is that right? Is there a way to create a remember note that also shows up on the calendar so then it will come up on the top of the hub?

The calendar works well, but sometimes you just have a quick todo item that doesn't need start and stop times, but I'd like those todo's to show up somewhere convenient like the hub, rather then having to open up evernote or open up remember, then click the folder, etc. just to refresh my memory. If I put them in the calendar, they show up in the hub on that day but 1) You have to set start and stop times, make sure no conficts, so it's tedious for a quick note and 2) they are only in the hub on that day. I'd love a way to add a note and have it be in the hub till I delete it. Or at least zip a note into the remember app and have it run it to the calendar so it shows up in the hub.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    06-10-14 01:09 PM
    In Remember, "Notes" don't have the option for due dates or reminders so they will not show up in your calendar. However, "Tasks" do have that option and so when you set a due date and/or a reminder for that task, it will show up in your calendar and remind you however you have your notifications set. Food for thought: when 10.3 arrives (supposedly later this year?) it brings with it further remember/calendar integration.

The Hub is created for present notifications (it will also list past events - emails, calls, social media alerts etc that weren't deleted from the hub) but not impending ones (things yet to come). If you're wanting future tasks to show up in the hub, the only way to do it is to set a reminder earlier to "remind" you of that impending task. Simply put - the hub wasn't created to be a list of upcoming events etc.

If you're wanting a quick entry option for tasks or notes........just bring up universal search (magnifying glass at middle bottom while in active frames view or apps view) and type "note", hit space and type what you want your note to say, then click "save" on the screen. You can add a task the same way, just type "task" instead of "note". Or, after you type "task" or "note" just select the remember app icon that comes up and go from there if you want to place your note in a particular folder or want to set a reminder.

If those tips don't fulfill your needs then give "Checked: Tasks Pro" a look. It has a ridiculous amount of options for task/note management. Not cheap (as typical apps go) but it's a native bb10 app and the developer is very active with updates.
    06-10-14 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the informative reply
    I'll try out 'tasks' too, and I'm also looking forward to 10.3. Hope 10.3 's finally state will have a good active frame for remember so it shows a list
    06-11-14 11:10 AM
    Yeah, the active frame for Remember could use some work. It's great when there are due dates in certain categories as it'll show up in that folder's colour, but if nothing's due.....then active frame is pretty uninformative.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 06:18 PM