Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default gTalk + z10 = fail

I have a z10 and google talk doesn't seem to get 90% of messages sent to me.. to replicate, start google talk, send a message to your friend, and then tell them not to reply for say 15 minutes.. when they do, the message won't show up, and there's no way to 'refresh' to get it. Has anyone had any success with this app at all?

I also won't get into the google calendar issues...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Default Re: gTalk + z10 = fail

Uninstall, Reinstall.

I wouldn't be surprised, it's probably not even made by google, as they are competitors of BlackBerry.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader

Quote Originally Posted by Crowezine View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, it's probably not even made by google, as they are competitors of BlackBerry.
    It isn't, though I've personally never had the issues OP is experiencing. However, I do have the issue of the app signing me out after a few minutes of closing it from Active Frames. It will send push notifications for messages I receive after I close it from active frames for around 15 minutes, and I notice (when I check from a friend's account or something) that it has signed me out after that time.

Anyways, I'm not a big gtalk user, even though my previous phone was a Nexus 4. Things will be a lot better when Whatsapp is finally released in March. Hopefully, they've included hub integration, and push notifications. I'm going to assume that they will, since they specifically went native instead of porting their Android app.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts

I hope this issue gets fixed. I love my Blackberry, but I also use Gtalk quite extensively. Hopefully, the app will improve by the time the Q10 launches. If not, maybe IM+ Pro will work well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dosto View Post
    I hope this issue gets fixed. I love my Blackberry, but I also use Gtalk quite extensively. Hopefully, the app will improve by the time the Q10 launches. If not, maybe IM+ Pro will work well.
    IM+ Pro looks native in the screenshots I've seen, so that may be the best option.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by automaton82 View Post
    I have a z10 and google talk doesn't seem to get 90% of messages sent to me.. to replicate, start google talk, send a message to your friend, and then tell them not to reply for say 15 minutes.. when they do, the message won't show up, and there's no way to 'refresh' to get it. Has anyone had any success with this app at all?

I also won't get into the google calendar issues...
    where did u get this from on your z10 ???
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dosto View Post
    please let me know how did u get it on your z10