Will there be a Groupon app?

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    04-30-13 12:14 AM
    Don't know if anyone here would have anymore details than you. Did you email the company directly at all?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-30-13 06:57 AM
    Email Groupon
    04-30-13 06:58 AM
    Send an email
    Lol
    Let's see how long we can respond with email
    04-30-13 09:17 AM
    Morgan H, Apr 16 12:39 am (CDT):
    Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, and I'm so sorry for the trouble. Customer feedback plays a major role in our decisions to feature businesses in the future, and I'll be sure to pass your comments along to the right people.

Please let me know if there's any more feedback that you'd like me to pass along. Otherwise, have a great night.

Regards,

Morgan H
    Groupon Customer Support

Peter, Apr 14 04:49 pm (CDT):
    Hi I enjoy Groupon but I am displeased to have found out that there is no Groupon app for the Blackberry Z10. Please develop a Groupon app for this device using the native (aka Cascades) framework and NOT through an android port. I do not consider an android port to even be a real application because it does not have good performance and I believe Groupon should definitely have a high quality native application for the Blackberry Z10. Thanks and please forward this to the app development team.

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat and rickkel like this.
    04-30-13 09:20 AM
    Maybe get an app here in any format, then hope for a native.
    I'd rather a port than nothing.
    just_luc likes this.
    04-30-13 10:57 AM
    Problem with Groupon is that they aren't doing good lately. Might be scaling down on app development

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-30-13 11:01 AM
    I know its not a native BB10 app developed by Groupon, but I made a very simple webworks apps based of the touch.groupon.com website.

This seems to do the trick for me at least until they get a native app over to BB10.

Hope this helps!

Groupon.bar
    Attached Thumbnails Groupon?-img_00000410.jpg  
    bluetroll and stabstabdie like this.
    04-30-13 12:23 PM
    I know its not a native BB10 app developed by Groupon, but I made a very simple webworks apps based of the touch.groupon.com website.

This seems to do the trick for me at least until they get a native app over to BB10.

Hope this helps!

Groupon.bar
    Looks good! And it's better than not have an app. You should consider submitting this to BlackBerry App World.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:49 PM
    I emailed them asking for bb10 app!
    04-30-13 07:37 PM
    I sent an email asking for one too, but until then the mobile website is very easy to use and acts just like an app including bringing up your purchased Groupon's barcodes and everything the app does. The only thing it doesn't do which the old one did was put irritating notifications every five minutes on your phone.

Hey, maybe this is a better way to go after all.
    04-30-13 07:56 PM
    Looks good! And it's better than not have an app. You should consider submitting this to BlackBerry App World.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how the copyright stuff works with that. If It is all ok, I'd definitely submit. Does anyone know how that works?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 07:34 AM
    My Response from Groupon ([email protected]) on April 20:

"Unfortunately, I am unable to release any information regarding when they may be featured.
    We take our customer feedback very seriously and use it to determine how we handle things in the future.
    I'll make sure that your opinion is communicated to the appropriate channels
    Thanks for your interest!"

I would suggest keep emailing them asking them when they plan to support BB10. They're clearly taking a wait-and-see approach, waiting to see how much demand for BB10 builds. Contact info for Groupon and many others is in my thread below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    05-01-13 07:52 AM
    I don't know how the copyright stuff works with that. If It is all ok, I'd definitely submit. Does anyone know how that works?

Posted via CB10
    Because it's just a mobile launcher you'll be fine with regards to copyrights. Obviously the only thing you can't say is that as developer you're Groupon or associated with them. This is a link to Blaz1e's Get Glue Mobile launcher app which basically does the same thing.
    It was approved by BlackBerry.

Check out GetGlue Mobile in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27129872

Posted via CB10
    dablessing likes this.
    05-01-13 09:36 AM
    Thanks. I've actually made a few changes to it to add a new icon and a splash screen. I'm learning how to do all this as I go. I just submitted my vendor info on the portal so as soon as they approve me, I'll submit this for approval.
    05-01-13 12:11 PM
    Wow. Well done and thanks for submitting! An enjoyable thread to follow
    .... seeing a cool app on a forum to potentially seeing it in app world is pretty intriguing.

Well done and best of luck. Thank you for developing for bb10.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    dablessing likes this.
    05-01-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks. I've actually made a few changes to it to add a new icon and a splash screen. I'm learning how to do all this as I go. I just submitted my vendor info on the portal so as soon as they approve me, I'll submit this for approval.
    Great! I'll be looking forward to downloading the app from BlackBerry App World. Thanks for making this available.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:37 PM
    So, I packaged and submitted my Groupon app to Blackberry World. It was denied as they say in order to submit a launcher, you must own the site. I don't understand as there are Google+ and Twitter launchers in the store that aren't owned by Google and Twitter.

Anyone have any tips? Do I need to source permission directly from Groupon to get this approved?
    05-06-13 01:22 PM