Hi there, I'm a die-hard Blackberry user but also have a soft spot for Google's software. Google Drive, Contacts, Calendar, and of course Google Talk.

What I've noticed is that Google Talk isn't very popular. Not even among the Android phone crowd. Why is that? It's a cross platform instant messaging service that is linked with something almost everyone has - a gmail account.

I feel like this could be the cross platform and cross-hardware (PC, Mac, Phones etc.) messaging service. I love BBM, trust me, but not being able to message my iPhone friends or people on computers really limits it.

What is your opinion on Google Talk, why isn't it more popular? Can it become more popular? What will it take to be more popular?
    03-13-13 05:01 PM
    I am a Gtalk fan, also a BB fan ... many people dont like the gmail, and they do not create / use it ... I think the same reasons they do not like are the reasons we do =)
    03-13-13 05:17 PM
    Hi there, I'm a die-hard Blackberry user but also have a soft spot for Google's software. Google Drive, Contacts, Calendar, and of course Google Talk.

What I've noticed is that Google Talk isn't very popular. Not even among the Android phone crowd. Why is that? It's a cross platform instant messaging service that is linked with something almost everyone has - a gmail account.

I feel like this could be the cross platform and cross-hardware (PC, Mac, Phones etc.) messaging service. I love BBM, trust me, but not being able to message my iPhone friends or people on computers really limits it.

What is your opinion on Google Talk, why isn't it more popular? Can it become more popular? What will it take to be more popular?
    I think Google did not market it as such, and its functionality is duplicated by Google+. Most of the folks I had on Google Talk all transitioned to G+.
    03-13-13 05:26 PM
    It also tends to be quite limited in features. No picture sharing, or other files. Video is only available on certain devices, along with voice.

I have one friend who I still chat with via GTalk, but have to email images instead of including them in the chat. Things like that make it a little more cumbersome to use.

G+ has a lot more capabilities. I'm surprised they haven't consolidated all of their chat apps into just one platform. With M$ doing that with Skype, maybe Google will follow suit.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 01:04 AM
    It also tends to be quite limited in features. No picture sharing, or other files. Video is only available on certain devices, along with voice.

I have one friend who I still chat with via GTalk, but have to email images instead of including them in the chat. Things like that make it a little more cumbersome to use.

G+ has a lot more capabilities. I'm surprised they haven't consolidated all of their chat apps into just one platform. With M$ doing that with Skype, maybe Google will follow suit.

Posted via CB10
    Rumor has it that it will be consolidating into one major communication app, maybe even with Voice added in.

Sound familiar? LOL.
    03-14-13 07:55 AM
    Rumor has it that it will be consolidating into one major communication app, maybe even with Voice added in.

Sound familiar? LOL.
    That would be wonderful! Using Google software has always been a joy, partially because they're willing to ***** themselves out to every device/OS. So having a Mac, iPad, a BlackBerry, and a PC as a work computer, Google software makes sense for me.

I don't know why BBM doesn't release a desktop application. That would really open up the platform and bring in non-BB users and give people reason to buy a BB.
    03-14-13 10:06 AM
    Can anybody tell me if google talk on the Z10 will auto populate your recent conversation on other platforms.

Like if I am chatting on the desktop or web and decided to continue the conversation on the Z10, will I see my whole conversation or I''ll have to rely on memory?
    03-17-13 03:25 AM
    It works good. But the problem is it logs out frequently and wont log in again. I have to delete it and download it again to use it. It happened couple of times, i shifted to IM+ and the problem seems to be persisting to gmail accounts on z10.
    Regards,
    Raam
    03-17-13 05:26 AM