I don't pull stuff out of my ****. I only say what's been said to me.

Recently, I've been to a couple of VZW and AT&T stores looking to pick up a case for my white Z10.

At all stores, the rep mentioned that Android is going to open the apps up to BlackBerry.

I'm aware that Devs can port these app right now, but what does it mean when the rep says this? Is all apps in Google Play going to be available? Or does it mean that a lot of new apps are coming.

I'm curious to know what's happening behind the scenes. We've heard about Skype and instagram, but app discussions are really quiet from BlackBerry management.

The most interesting thing about the reps telling me this is the fact that I already own a Z10. No need to sell me on it. So some news must be on its way.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 11:53 AM
    That would be cool, but doubtful

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:06 PM
    not going to happen unless BBRY licenses Android, you need to be an Android licensee to use Google services such as Maps, Google Now and the Play Store.
    04-05-13 12:17 PM
    This will never happen. There's a reason why BlackBerry makes developers go through a porting process; security. Sounds like a bunch of misinformed reps taking the statement "BlackBerry runs Android Apps" out of context.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    04-05-13 01:19 PM
    I can see the work partition enforce security, but in all honesty, if BB decides that the personal side is just that, personal, then there would be no reason not to open it up to Android without the need of porting.
    04-05-13 01:23 PM