Hey there,

I'm a big fan of Google Play Music as a service (20.000+ songs in my library), but I can't stand the official Android app. I recently found out that Tomahawk, a fantastic Android music player currently in beta, has Google Music integration. The thing is, I'm having some trouble with getting it set up. When I launch the app (both on my Classic and Passport) and try to add my Google Music account, it just loads and loads.

Can some others try this out and see if they get any further? I can't figure out exactly what's wrong. I've tried loading the app on my Android backup phone and it worked fine immediately, so there's obviously something BB10-related that's keeping it from functioning properly, but it's nothing like the stuff the usual Play Services patching takes care of.

Here's the link to sign-up for the Tomahawk Google Play Store beta.
    Here's the link to the Tomahawk nightlies. If you scroll down to the v0.9.3 release on 16 November, that's the most recent release through the official beta anyway. I've tried the most recent nightlies, too, and none seem to work either.

Thanks for any help you can offer! I'd love to get rid of the official app once and for all.
    01-08-16 10:17 PM
    I'm guessing if you loaded some of Cobalt's tools it would actually work. Might want to try that.
    01-08-16 10:28 PM
    I'm guessing if you loaded some of Cobalt's tools it would actually work. Might want to try that.
    Thanks for the reply!

I already used the latest patcher (v1.14) posted here with the most recent nightly (9 January) and the most recent beta released (v0.9.3). Weirdly enough, the patched apps crashed, whereas the non-patched didn't. This may or man not have to do with the Google Play Music integration. (Tomahawk is fantastic, but also very large/complex; there are tonnes of different capabilities and dozens of integrated services. It's possible that the GPM has to do with it, but I wouldn't put money.)

I'm a techy, work in IT, and have gotten very familiar over the years with the interaction between BB10 and Google Services, on many different apps. Whilst I obviously appreciate Cobalt's work (and benefit from it regularly), the situation with this app is a little bit deeper/different. Know you're super busy, @Bla1ze, but if you get a moment to instal it and try to add a Google Music account I think you'll get a feel for what I mean—and I think you'd love the app, too! I've been using it on my rMBP for music forever.
    01-08-16 11:40 PM
    Would it be worth it to email the devs? I doubt they'd be too thrilled about providing help on an OS they never claimed to support.
    01-18-16 10:35 PM
    I can answer that last question. It can't hurt although I would not expect too much from the developers. It really is too bad that so many apps are being developed with their dependencies on Google "stuff!" I wonder how much easier the development goes? Good luck.
    01-18-16 10:46 PM