- CrackBerry User
- 18 Posts
Google Maps Alternative?
So, we all know that Google Maps is not available at Blackberry Z10 at the moment.
To be honest, i'm kind of pessimistic to hope that Google will make an exclusive apps for BB10 in short time.
All the review out there also say that Native Maps on BB10 is not at the same ballpark with Google Maps.. This is very heart-breaking because for me (and a lot of people out there), Google Maps is a very important & one of the most useful apps.
So, why don't we discuss at Google Maps alternative. I've heard before on another thread about third-party apps that use Google Maps API. Can someone confirm / tell more information about this?
Note : Yes, we can use google maps website.. but still i think stand-alone apps is way much better.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-30-13, 07:44 PM #2
- 379 Posts
I haven't given up hope on Google Navigation being side-loadable onto BB10 devices, but we'll wait and see on that.
As for alternatives, we should see M8 pretty soon and it is pretty awesome, although I don't know if thats a UK only thing or not, but it is pretty damn good. The guys making Magellan Compass have already made a BB10 version, and while Magellan isn't yet as good as m8/telmap because of its less good turn by turn stuff, I think with a few more releases they'll have gotten it up to that spec (having dataline built in helps a lot ) and will be really good really soon.
- By wizzbang3 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 90Last Post: 09-17-13, 10:02 AM
- By radhe in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 11Last Post: 06-06-11, 01:26 PM
- By flyingdutchman7588 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-02-11, 06:29 PM
- By ffac789 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-08-10, 08:16 AM
- By hal1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 09-04-08, 12:28 PM