- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
Am I the only one that loves and uses google maps a bunch everyday? Does anyone know the realistic likelyhood of Gmaps coming to bb10? Maybe even well after launch? Yes, I know about bbmaps, but will bb10 maps have satellite and the terrain layer like Gmaps...probably not. Come on Google, make it happen!!
- 01-25-2013, 09:14 PM #2
Nope lots of people love Google Maps. It can be comfortably said that its the best maps application out there by far. As far BB10 support well there are three ways this can happen:
1. Just use the web based app, it should be ok since the BB10 browser is awesome.
2. Sideload the Android app (this looks most likely).
3. Google didnt get lazy or uncompetitive and at least ported the Android app.
- 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM #3
Realistic likelihood? An official app from Google: 0%. Third-party alternative using the Google Maps API: 100%. Sideloaded Android app: 100%, assuming sideloading is allowed, with the caveat that it doesn't work perfectly (although still pretty well) on the PlayBook.
- CrackBerry User
01-26-2013, 10:54 AM #4
- 46 Posts
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-27-2013, 07:39 AM #5
- 211 Posts
I really hope for Google Maps. Why would they do it - no reason at all. That said, they did it for Apple (a brilliant move in my opinion) to discredit the Apple proprietary eco-system and keep people with Google. There could be good reasons to do it for BB as well. Google wants to be all encompassing. If you do not support BB10, then we might get used to a different app. Or, Google is just pissing off their customers who love it on Browser, etc. And, does Google want to win so badly in Android that they would forsake others? Likely not. So, Google maps will be here in some capacity. Google will just want to be paid somehow (via APIs).Blackberry By Choice
BB9810-V7.1, Z10, HTC Droid Inc 4G, Nexus 7, Ipad 3, Lenovo X1C
- 02-08-2013, 02:19 AM #12Phones:
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 > Bold 9900 >Z10 > Aristo
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB + Playbook 16GB > ???
- By ferritt in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 7Last Post: 09-16-2007, 03:47 AM
- By looloopoo in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
- By tomabraham63 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2007, 09:50 PM
- By legaleye2005 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2007, 06:21 PM
- By kasperapd in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2007, 09:17 AM