- CrackBerry Addict
12-26-2012, 01:17 AM #3
- 621 Posts
You can side-load Google Authenticator. I know a few people that tested it and it worked.
- 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM #5
I had it working on 7.0 but when I upgraded it wouldn't work properly anymore and since I have a backup to send to sms I wasn't to fussed to fix it lol
I converted it, it works great on my playbook.
Just make sure you password lock your PlayBook with a short-ish timeout
- CrackBerry User
02-05-2013, 03:20 PM #8
- 41 Posts
+1 for Sideload working. Barcode scanner isn't working for me so I entered the codes from Dropbox, google, AWS etc and it works fine.Former 8yr BB owner coming back with a Z10
Past Phones: 8700r - 8100 - 8300 - 8310 - 9000 - 9800 - iPhone 4 32GB - White Z10 80GB
Tablets: iPad 1 32GB, Playbook 16GB, iPad Mini 64GB
Also, some people have reported that the Google Authenticator site wasn't recognizing their 7.1 devices as compatible. You can grab it here:
It's a zip file with the COD and a JAD for OTA installs (it works on-device too).
- 05-17-2013, 01:49 PM #12
There is a nice native app called Authomator in the store. It's from a 3rd-party developer, is free to download and can be paid for to add some features. I've been using it for some time to handle my 2-factor auth for multiple services. It was even featured on the Crackberry blog a while back.
No it's not the Google app but that's OK. The Google app supports a 2-factor standard, as do the other similar apps.
- By Jashn in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM
- By Be1ge in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-29-2012, 11:11 PM
- By Derwent Graphite in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
- By jrohland in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2012, 11:53 PM
- By mattaholt in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-09-2008, 04:21 PM