I posted this within another related thread and did not receive any answers, so I'll try once more:

Can somebody advise me on which native Z10 app would best support the following budgeting scenario:

I don't like setting up automatic transfers from my bank account to various regularly recurring payees (e.g. heating, electricity, etc.), since I'm always worried I don't have sufficient money in the account (tight budget!). So I set up recurring reminders in the BB Calendar of when these bills are due and their approximate base amount, and I can then choose the day to pay them before the due date, knowing full well at that point that there is sufficient funds in the bank account. Usually the actual amount paid varies each month from the base amount set in the recurrent amount.

So any budgeting app that allowed setting up recurrent payments would have to allow me to adjust the actual amount I just paid in a completed transaction, without changing the recurrent amount I have already set, and the amounts in any current overview and projections of my current monthly budget would have to reflect bills I have already paid as well as the bills I've yet to pay that particular month.

My budgeting and record keeping is rather simple-minded (I'm not an accountant) and I currently do it week-by-week, month-by-month, but I really don't have a good overview of where I am, and an app on my Z10 might help me to do that and reduce stress levels, as well as give me a good accounting of what I actually spend in different categories.

Any suggestions?
    02-19-14 11:31 AM
    I'm going to bump this up because I'm looking for something similar. I was using Money Plus up until it quit adding/deducting funds correctly.

There's a handful of paid-for apps, but after trying plenty free ones that didn't offer what I was looking for I really didn't want to start purchasing apps that weren't right for me.
    02-23-14 06:12 PM
    Alright so far I've found TrackMyStuff. It's a paid app, but they do have a Lite (free) version if you want to try it out. It's missing some features, but it's not a trial version, so if it already has what you need you won't need the paid version.
    You can set up your recurring transactions, and once it has posted you can go in and adjust how much you'd actually paid.

I just installed it and still finding my way around it.

ETA:
    One that is a lot more calendar based is Budget Calendar. This may be more up your alley since you can see when transactions are set to occur. I don't have any experience with this one either, but the description states there's a desktop version you can try.

(Screenshot taken from within the BlackBerry World description)
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 02-23-14 at 09:01 PM.
    02-23-14 08:14 PM
    Thanks for taking the trouble to point me to various options, I appreciate it. I will be trying the desktop version of "Budget Calendar" to see if I can adapt it to my needs--for some reason my searches on BB World didn't pull it up.
    02-23-14 11:47 PM
    Have you tried Quick Money app on BB10?
    04-16-14 10:12 AM
    Here you go!! Check out MyAccountant in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/136348

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:16 AM
    I know it's not native, and it is quite pricey, but anMoney destroys any native app that I've used when it comes to any sort of budget management.

Download the free apk version from an Android store and play with it. You can set budgets (unfortunately the only down fall is that if you change a months budget, it changes all, so you have to export a report if you want to go and look at a previous budget after changing the current month's one). When you set budgets or transfers, it updates the % of the month you are through daily and shows you what percent of each category you've used in colour to indicate under, on or over budget. So now we are 70% through April, so if I've spent 65% of my grocery budget it is green, 75% it would show as yellow or more than 100% as red. Very handy for managing budgets and transactions.

I paid $10 for the app, but it has saved me it's value many, many times over, just being able to manage, view and manipulate my budget to make it work each month.

Unfortunately after trying many native apps, nothing comes even close to anMoney yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:17 PM
    I also have the same problem, which expense app should I download... After researching I think I've narrowed to 2 options MyAccountant (native) and ANMONEY (not native)...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 07:42 AM
    You could give mint.com a shot.
    04-25-14 07:48 AM
    Check out Quick Money in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20485878

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:20 PM