Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LazyEvul
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Good news! TeamViewer coming to BlackBerry 10

TeamViewer is one of my favourite remote desktop apps - and it's free too! So I emailed them a few days ago to find out if they were planning a version for BB10, and I got this very positive response today:

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your interest in a TeamViewer version for BlackBerry.

TeamViewer for iPhone and iPad have been an incredible success which makes it quite likely that we will port TeamViewer to BlackBerry in the near future. At the moment we are involved innumerous [sic] other development projects which is why we cannot make any statements on the realization or a final release date.

We would be pleased to add to our mailing list so that you would be one of the first to know when a TeamViewer for BlackBerry will be released.

Please let us know if you would like us to add you to the BlackBerry mailing list. In order to add
    you to our list we would kindly ask you to provide us with your country of residence.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Natalie Schmid

-----------------------
    TeamViewer GmbH * www.teamviewer.com
    And here's the inquiry I sent them (this was sent before the New Year, hence why I wrote "next year"):

Hi there,

I've been looking for a remote desktop application, and Teamviewer looks good. However, I would like to use it on my phone and I am looking to purchase a BlackBerry 10 phone next year. So I was wondering, does Teamviewer plan to release an app for BlackBerry 10?

Thanks,
    Igor.
    So if anyone's hoping for a free remote desktop app, looks like they've got it covered!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 01-02-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    Thanked by:
    aragone79 (01-02-2013) 
    David in Durham likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Good news! TeamViewer coming to BlackBerry 10

That's Good news and glad more apps are coming to blackberry 10
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
  3. MTL
    CrackBerry User

I wouldn't be so sure. I got a similar answer like 2 years ago.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Which one? Ask me.

I take that for what it is. The good news is that I used their web interface to use teamviewer up until recently. Their redesign doesn't want to let me through. I cant stand it when I see something that the browser can clearly handle well and then they brake it. Sure their new new web interface is more user friendly then before, but what good is that if i cant connect?

Will check again in about a week. Maybe they just have to work out the bugs to their new interface.
    Sad part is that they are not the only ones that have dome something like this. The only difference is that it doesn't seem like Team Viewer has done it on purpose.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Don't get too excited. It is not coming anytime soon. This is the email response I received this morning.

Dear Marc,

Thank you very much for your email and support of TeamViewer.

Currently there is no release date for TeamViewer on the Blackberry 10. However I will forward your suggestion to our product management. Such ideas are always welcome, although I can not promise when or if this feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand. Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user's needs and demands. We will be happy to inform you about realization of this feature.

If you have any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

William Luu
    -Support Technician-
    ------------------------------
    TeamViewer Pty Ltd * TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings
    Asia Pacific Headquarters, Adelaide, AUSTRALIA

Phone +61 8 7325 6900 * Fax +61 8 7123 2979

Ticket ID: 942119
    Dragon Slayer

C'mon, the Germans need it to remote from all those Z10's that their Federal Government just bought.
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's great news!

Posted via CB10
    Dragon Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by kellysz01 View Post
    That's great news!
    Looks like you only read the first post in the thread, not the post just before my last one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes, I guess I was so excited about the possibility of Teamviewer coming to BB 10 I didn't notice your last post.
    CrackBerry User

Any updates on this?

I really need teamviewer on Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

TeamViewer for WP8 got announced today. Maybe now they'll move on to BB10. It's the last app missing on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by waltervh View Post
    Any updates on this?

I really need teamviewer on Z10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Any updates? This is the only thing right now stopping me from getting a new BB till we switch remote support software. Can't use TV on the PB (web) either as it requires a flash update that I guess PB will never get (Adobe stopped mobile support)? I want to go back to BB so badly too!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Try "AccessToGo" by Ericom Software.
    It's native and works great for me.

BlackBerry World - AccessToGo Remote Desktop - RDP
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gg22 View Post
    Try "AccessToGo" by Ericom Software.
    It's native and works great for me.

BlackBerry World - AccessToGo Remote Desktop - RDP
    Thanks for the info.
    Sadly I don't think this wont work for my situation(s) BUT I'll try it anyways. Looking into Screen Connect and Simplehelp. To be honest I forgot about them and they both use browser interface to connect to clients. Requires a in house server which is ok for me. And if this works for my PB than we will be going back to BB by Monday! Thank goodness.

Again thank you for the info.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Nothing so far I just tried sideloading but I get; "Error loading library."
    Oh well... We'll see what happens.
    It is no measure of mental health to be well adjusted in a profoundly sick society... జిడ్డు కృష్ణ మూర్తి

Current [Z30 STA 100-5] <--- Z10 STL 100-3 <--- Torch 2 9860 <--- Storm2 9550, <--- Storm 9530.

IWP ☭
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,591 Global Posts

OP started in January, it's now September, is it that difficult to port or write a bb10 app that it takes this long or longer? What is the near future? Soon it will be a year and crickets will still be chirping?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Addict

Vigirous Viber!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Splashtop seems to work pretty well on my Q10 (also works amazingly with Playbook).

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,591 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    Splashtop seems to work pretty well on my Q10 (also works amazingly with Playbook).

Posted via CB10
    So everyone that I help remotely will need to have splashtop too, how much is splashtop? Teamviewer is free and from what I remember the control in splashtop isn't that great for poking fingers. I'm not sure how the teamviewer version is.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    So everyone that I help remotely will need to have splashtop too, how much is splashtop? Teamviewer is free and from what I remember the control in splashtop isn't that great for poking fingers. I'm not sure how the teamviewer version is.
    Oh, my apologies. I was thinking you just wanted to access your desktop remotely. Didn't realize your goal is remote IT support. But to answer your question, it looks like Splashtop is currently $6.99 in appworld (I purchased it for my Playbook some time ago and did not have to repurchase it for my Q10). I've found that it works very well. Of course using the screen on the Q10 takes some getting used to, but is doable. And on the Playbook it works really great.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Ha I got it to work and I got to say I am impressed.
    Turns out I was running the newest jelly bean (locked )android runtime. I solved it by downgrading and reinstalling the unlocked 10.2.0.810 Android variant. Now everything works great so far. Here are some pics.
    Im running 10.2.0.1725.
    Happy side loading! Teamviewer .bar for anyone interested in the link belowVVVV.
    http://adf.ly/W56te
    Good news! TeamViewer coming to BlackBerry 10-img_00000005.jpg
    Good news! TeamViewer coming to BlackBerry 10-img_00000004.jpg
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 09-20-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added bunch of stuff
    It is no measure of mental health to be well adjusted in a profoundly sick society... జిడ్డు కృష్ణ మూర్తి

Current [Z30 STA 100-5] <--- Z10 STL 100-3 <--- Torch 2 9860 <--- Storm2 9550, <--- Storm 9530.

IWP ☭
    Thanked by:
    laketrout73 (09-20-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

On my Z10 Teamviewer works, kinda... It connects to PC and I can see PC screen, but there is waay too big lag between my click on phone and performing action on PC, when I say big lag i really mean it. It's like 2 minutes or so.
    Blackberry 8100 -> 9700 -> 9900 -> Z10 STL100-2 + Nokia E71
    Somebody asked you bribe? Report them anonymously on BribeSpot.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have been using it on 10.1 with the debug token for a long time and works just fine form me, great app, not the fastest but better than nothing...
    CrackBerry User

how debug work in bb10.2 to connect with pc ? any one help pls