CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default good business mileage tracker app?

Hello folks,

Does anybody use an app on their Playbook or Z10 to track business miles? I've been using one for my Palm Pilot and one for Android which I purchased and love. I converted it and sideloaded it onto my Playbook, but it didn't convert as a licensed app and won't continue on past the "Application not licensed" window. I'm looking for an app that adds up the miles every month and uses the IRS mileage rate to tell me how much my deduction is. Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,926 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

Quote Originally Posted by purpledog10 View Post
    Hello folks,

Does anybody use an app on their Playbook or Z10 to track business miles? I've been using one for my Palm Pilot and one for Android which I purchased and love. I converted it and sideloaded it onto my Playbook, but it didn't convert as a licensed app and won't continue on past the "Application not licensed" window. I'm looking for an app that adds up the miles every month and uses the IRS mileage rate to tell me how much my deduction is. Any suggestions?
    I'm a little late to the party here, but I'm curious if you were able to resolve your mileage tracking issue?
    I use "MilesTrac" on a GS3 now and something else on all my OS7 & below BB's . As trivial as it may sound to some, this is an app I really need.
    I need to be able to log destination, ending miles and purpose (biz, personal, etc...) but the most important feature is the previous days ending mileage needs to carry over to the next days starting mileage. Do you, or anyone else know of such an app?????
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I have asked this question 3 times while I am waiting for my Z10 to arrive on the 28th.

I have be using mileage tracker on my Bold. However they do not respond to questions. I am trying to find an Android app to side load.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24BFA0E3

I'm using the remember app for my mileage. Works fine

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,926 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

is that in BB World?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,926 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_snacks-64 View Post
    I'm using the remember app for my mileage. Works fine

Posted via CB10
    You use this for mileage logging?
    CrackBerry User

Seems to be a couple of apps for this in BlackBerry world. I downloaded one called blue state mileage log. It is a field input style that has all the elements that I require for work such as date, purpose, starting and ending mileage, and then calculates the total for each trip. It has a list screen and an export to file button which I pressed after creating a couple of entries, but I could not find where it saved to. There's no help screen either. Sorry this isn't very helpful, but I don't have time to assess the 2nd app, but they're both free. Another thought is that the excel app as part of docs to go could easily be designed to do what you need.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,926 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

Quote Originally Posted by unimaginative username View Post
    Seems to be a couple of apps for this in BlackBerry world. I downloaded one called blue state mileage log. It is a field input style that has all the elements that I require for work such as date, purpose, starting and ending mileage, and then calculates the total for each trip. It has a list screen and an export to file button which I pressed after creating a couple of entries, but I could not find where it saved to. There's no help screen either. Sorry this isn't very helpful, but I don't have time to assess the 2nd app, but they're both free. Another thought is that the excel app as part of docs to go could easily be designed to do what you need.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks so much. I like the spread sheet as well...
    CrackBerry User

Maybe you want to try out TIMR?
    TIMR | The online & mobile time tracking Tool
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by purpledog10 View Post
    Hello folks,

For business mileage tracking, you can try our vehicle management app, aCar, which has explicit trip logging feature (both for business and personal) in addition to fill-up, service/maintenance and expense tracking. It has multiple vehicle and multiple unit support, powerful searching and filtering, location tagging and GPS support and much more...

You can find a more complete description of the features, screen shots and download links in the announcement we've posted on this forum:
    "aCar" - Vehicle Management app for BlackBerry 10

We will be glad to hear your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Armond Avanes | ZoneWalker LLC
    Download our vehicle management app, aCar, for your BlackBerry 10 device from BlackBerry World!
    ** ZoneWalker LLC **

Website | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by armondavanes View Post
    For business mileage tracking, you can try our vehicle management app, aCar, which has explicit trip logging feature (both for business and personal) in addition to fill-up, service/maintenance and expense tracking. It has multiple vehicle and multiple unit support, powerful searching and filtering, location tagging and GPS support and much more...

You can find a more complete description of the features, screen shots and download links in the announcement we've posted on this forum:

We will be glad to hear your feedback.

Best Regards,
    I see you have gone and deleted my 1 star review of your app and haven't bothered to put the reasons why ALL permissions are NEEDED or the app doesn't work. It is a shame that developers have to go in and delete all the negative reviews and only keep the positive ones because it makes the review process on Blackberry World totally worthless.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by buwee View Post
    I see you have gone and deleted my 1 star review of your app and haven't bothered to put the reasons why ALL permissions are NEEDED or the app doesn't work. It is a shame that developers have to go in and delete all the negative reviews and only keep the positive ones because it makes the review process on Blackberry World totally worthless.
    It seems that you've not read our response on the original thread (for the reasoning behind the permissions). So here is the link and please read the reply #6:
    (sorry we don't know how to directly link to that exact reply)

By the way, developers can not directly modify the reviews. But according to BlackBerry World developer console they have the right to open a support ticket for reviews which they think is inappropriate and they MUST provide explanation on the reasoning behind. Later BlackBerry World support investigates that case and they approve or reject the review based on the review details and the explanations that the developer has provided.
    Our preferred way of providing feedback to the posted reviews is how Google does on Play Store. They allow developers to directly reply to the posted reviews (and all users can see them). Here on BlackBerry World, we can only request an investigation.

After all, it's not fair to go one sided. There should be a balanced way of interactions and every app store/market has its own way.

Best Regards,
    Download our vehicle management app, aCar, for your BlackBerry 10 device from BlackBerry World!
    ** ZoneWalker LLC **

Website | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by armondavanes View Post
    It seems that you've not read our response on the original thread (for the reasoning behind the permissions). So here is the link and please read the reply #6:
    (sorry we don't know how to directly link to that exact reply)

By the way, developers can not directly modify the reviews. But according to BlackBerry World developer console they have the right to open a support ticket for reviews which they think is inappropriate and they MUST provide explanation on the reasoning behind. Later BlackBerry World support investigates that case and they approve or reject the review based on the review details and the explanations that the developer has provided.
    Our preferred way of providing feedback to the posted reviews is how Google does on Play Store. They allow developers to directly reply to the posted reviews (and all users can see them). Here on BlackBerry World, we can only request an investigation.

After all, it's not fair to go one sided. There should be a balanced way of interactions and every app store/market has its own way.

Best Regards,
    So I guess that means you opened a support for my review then..just curious as to what your reason was to have the review deleted?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by bimbam11 View Post
    Maybe you want to try out TIMR?
    TIMR | The online & mobile time tracking Tool
    I second the motion on TIMR. Though, at the moment it is slightly buggy (just got off a chat support session with them...reports can't be viewed on the device (at least on mine)). On another note, they are discussing plans on developing a native BB10 version of TIMR so if you want to see a native version please let them know that there is a demand for native apps. The less Android ports we have the better, not just for performance but for the image of the OS as well.
    Dragon Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by chillspace View Post
    I second the motion on TIMR. Though, at the moment it is slightly buggy (just got off a chat support session with them...reports can't be viewed on the device (at least on mine)). On another note, they are discussing plans on developing a native BB10 version of TIMR so if you want to see a native version please let them know that there is a demand for native apps. The less Android ports we have the better, not just for performance but for the image of the OS as well.

I gave up on Timr after my trial period because it had too many problems to make it usable to me.

More disturbingly, I wrote a review on it yesterday but it hasn't yet been published. There is some controversy over Blackberry World's policies in regards to developers ability to get reviews pulled or not published in the first place, I sure hope that mine did not get the shaft simply because it wasn't positive. I am not in the habit of writing disrespectful reviews (positive or negative) and always provide detailed reasoning for my negative reviews.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have tried most mileage tracker apps for business use. Finally settled on TrackUrMiles. Simple but effective. My only gripe with all of them is not carrying forward the ending to mileage from the previous day to the starting entry for the next day. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    Blue Slate is ok also.
    Icar is good if you want t a lot of options.
    I wanted to track miles only between Business and personal
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,926 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

Quote Originally Posted by JerBru View Post
    I have tried most mileage tracker apps for business use. Finally settled on TrackUrMiles. Simple but effective. My only gripe with all of them is not carrying forward the ending to mileage from the previous day to the starting entry for the next day. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    Blue Slate is ok also.
    Icar is good if you want t a lot of options.
    I wanted to track miles only between Business and personal
    I use MilesTrac side loaded from my GS3. I emailed the dev & he said he wasn't going to port it to bb10, so I side loaded it. Works well. Miles carry over to next entry. The only function I don't have is backup. I just email it to myself once a week.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I sent an email to Exgis, the makers of Mileage Tracker and they said they are planning to release a mileage app for BlackBerry 10 later this summer. I liked their app on my 9930.

Posted via CB10