- CrackBerry Abuser
02-06-13, 10:35 AM #2
- 190 Posts
Good was never available on OS5, 6 or 7 so I wouldnt expect it to be available on BB10. Why wouldnt your company upgrade to BES10 if they are currently using BES?
BES10 has full MDM functionality so they can upgrade and maintain their current stock of BlackBerry devices whilst introducing Apple or Android devices, rather than go through a costly move to a different MDM solution which wont support current BlackBerrys!
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-06-13, 08:56 PM #7
- 202 Posts
No other MDM will be able to manage BB10 as Blackberry is not providing any API hooks to do so. I think this is a risk as a lot of companies have already added solutions like Good, AirWatch, MobileIron etc. The lone saving grace is many of these solutions are expensive and at the end of the day lacking compared to BES. Blackberry really does have the standard all MDM are judged by.
Blackberry thankfully allowed conversion of any BES CAL to BES 10 for free this year which is a great way to drive adoption. (I've already a bunch so I'm ready for launch and internal upgrades).
After using BES 10 on BB10, going back to Good seems so primitive and you realize how lacking it is functionality wise. It's secure though
Re: Good for BB10
After using BES 10 on BB10, going back to Good seems so primitive and you realize how lacking it is functionality wise. It's secure though [/QUOTE]
Well that seals it then. My company is primative. They are still running on a 27 year old Cobol system.
Thanks for the honest answer.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-07-13, 11:13 PM #9
- 708 Posts
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- By kfh227 in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-04-13, 05:10 PM
- By bizzyqu in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 2Last Post: 01-27-13, 11:37 AM
- By kuffkuff in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-08-13, 12:00 PM
- By LAPTOP GAMER in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 04-12-08, 12:35 AM
- By Bla1ze in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 03-31-08, 06:57 AM