Well if my company does not upgrade to BES10, I'm gonna need Good but I have not seen anything about Good. Anyone heard anything?

Thanks
    02-06-13 09:02 AM
    Good was never available on OS5, 6 or 7 so I wouldnt expect it to be available on BB10. Why wouldnt your company upgrade to BES10 if they are currently using BES?

BES10 has full MDM functionality so they can upgrade and maintain their current stock of BlackBerry devices whilst introducing Apple or Android devices, rather than go through a costly move to a different MDM solution which wont support current BlackBerrys!
    02-06-13 10:35 AM
    ^ Im trying to convice my workplace of the same thing. Things that make too much sense are never the rout that is chosen
    02-06-13 11:23 AM
    Contact GOOD on Twitter: @Good_Technology
    02-06-13 12:23 PM
    IT rarely cares what is good for the employees or the company. They lock down the Windows 7 PC until it looks like a MAC but they don't care about security in the work place.
    02-06-13 08:46 PM
    Contact GOOD on Twitter: @Good_Technology
    Thanks - great idea.
    02-06-13 08:47 PM
    No other MDM will be able to manage BB10 as Blackberry is not providing any API hooks to do so. I think this is a risk as a lot of companies have already added solutions like Good, AirWatch, MobileIron etc. The lone saving grace is many of these solutions are expensive and at the end of the day lacking compared to BES. Blackberry really does have the standard all MDM are judged by.

Blackberry thankfully allowed conversion of any BES CAL to BES 10 for free this year which is a great way to drive adoption. (I've already a bunch so I'm ready for launch and internal upgrades).

After using BES 10 on BB10, going back to Good seems so primitive and you realize how lacking it is functionality wise. It's secure though
    02-06-13 08:56 PM
    After using BES 10 on BB10, going back to Good seems so primitive and you realize how lacking it is functionality wise. It's secure though [/QUOTE]

Well that seals it then. My company is primative. They are still running on a 27 year old Cobol system.

Thanks for the honest answer.
    02-07-13 10:28 PM
    IT rarely cares what is good for the employees or the company. They lock down the Windows 7 PC until it looks like a MAC but they don't care about security in the work place.
    We care a lot about what is good for the company and employees and security. The last thing is that they don't always line up. We try for balance but some things have to give. When the employee gets their way it's security. When we do it usually the freedom that employees want.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 11:13 PM