Can anyone download this or do we have to be part of the beta officially?
    No the app is in app world now, check the url on the first post. there might be some delay before update shows up for you. I already see new version getting downloaded in reports so it's matter of time now
    02-26-13 04:23 AM
    HI on this app is there a settings menu to change things like automatically refreshing?
    simonfa likes this.
    02-26-13 11:02 AM
    Can anyone download this or do we have to be part of the beta officially?
    1.1.5.4 is the current version availlable for everyone in app world.
    1.2.0.1 is only availlable to beta tester.
    02-26-13 11:48 AM
    HI on this app is there a settings menu to change things like automatically refreshing?
    Planned feature
    02-26-13 07:45 PM
    love this app, priced reasonably too.

a few gestures i'd like to be implemented to allow true 1 handed operation (without much mushing the hand):

In article list:
    - Add some header perhaps to sweeten the UI?
    - Auto load when reaching bottom
    - Swipe left > right = go back to previous menu
    - Pull top > bot = refresh/update

In article view:
    - Swipe right > left = switch the article to mobilizer/instapaper/etc (can be configured)
    - Pull bot > top = mark all read

Thank you
    02-28-13 11:34 AM
    love this app, priced reasonably too.

a few gestures i'd like to be implemented to allow true 1 handed operation (without much mushing the hand):

In article list:
    - Add some header perhaps to sweeten the UI?
    - Auto load when reaching bottom

In article view:
    - Swipe right > left = switch the article to mobilizer/instapaper/etc (can be configured)
    - Pull bot > top = mark all read

Thank you
    Nice suggestions will add these to the feedback site http://gnewsreader.uservoice.com to get more feedback

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 09:06 PM
    I am experiencing a bug. The header for each article 1.1.54 was appearing fine with the white theme and white article. After I updated to 1.2.0.1, the header is black and the title is grey making it very hard to see. Dark theme + dark article works fine, Dark theme + white article is fine. The problem is when the theme is white and the article is set to dark, the article is not dark with this combination. It looks the same as white + white, which has a problem showing the header background to be dark and the font to be grey. A picture may explain this better, the setting is white and white. I have restarted the app several times

gNewsReader - Feedly/NewsBlur client for BlackBerry10 in Cascades - Official feedback + Beta program-img_00000099.jpg

I had to reinstall the app to fix the problem for white and white. However, white theme + dark article does not work. The article is not dark, it is still white
    02-28-13 11:28 PM
    1.2.0.1 was actually a beta build that got published by mistake by app world team. It was only intended for beta testers. It has two known issues one you described below and another one keep unread function does not work. The app world version was immediately reverted by app world team. So you can either downgrade to that version or use dark theme till update becomes available sometime next week

I am experiencing a bug. The header for each article 1.1.54 was appearing fine with the white theme and white article. After I updated to 1.2.0.1, the header is black and the title is grey making it very hard to see. Dark theme + dark article works fine, Dark theme + white article is fine. The problem is when the theme is white and the article is set to dark, the article is not dark with this combination. It looks the same as white + white, which has a problem showing the header background to be dark and the font to be grey. A picture may explain this better, the setting is white and white. I have restarted the app several times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000099.jpg 
Views:	692 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	138615

I had to reinstall the app to fix the problem for white and white. However, white theme + dark article does not work. The article is not dark, it is still white

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 12:02 AM
    New beta 1.2.0.7 has been uploaded to app world with following new features over 1.1.5.4 (current regular release build)

- More robust swiping experience
    - Option to disable swiping and use double tap (at corners) to browse, peek gesture also enabled in this mode
    - Swipe article list left to right to go back to main screen
    - Option to auto load next set when reaching list end, currently only active in list mode
    - Tap to go to top in article view and new header look & feel
    - Use internal browser to browse article links, back button works now and pinch to zoom
    - Better spacing and layout for lists
    - Reduce memory usage of the application
    - Additional font color fixes
    - Some important bugfixes

This build will be candidate build for next update in the app world
    joesworld and Wolfgan like this.
    03-06-13 06:54 AM
    Fantastic update! The only thing I'd like to see adjusted, and it's kinda nitpicking is this...

I've turned off the swipe to change articles. I love how I can swipe left-to-right to get back to article list, but when I'm scrolling up/down, the tiniest movement left or right causes the article to wiggle. Not a huge deal, but if there could be a little more 'dead zone' that would make it perfect. It's almost impossible to swipe up/down perfectly straight (for me anyway!) so it's distracting having it 'wiggle'.

Again, love the changes and the swipe from article to article-list is fantastic and fits in with the BB10 OS a lot more natively. This amazing app just keeps getting better.
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    03-06-13 07:33 PM
    Any newson the offline reading feature yet?
    03-07-13 01:03 AM
    I already sent a suggestion, sorting the new articles by feed.

Now although I like your app very much, it's a little chaotic and not very clearly arranged when you have a lot of unread articles.

I love the Windows Phone 8 app "feed me" because it works like I want it after setting it up to my personal wishes: You start the app, it opens up in the "new articles" section (so I don't have to navigate there anymore), it loads all the articles sorted by feed (descending), and you can see which feed it is because it's feed name is there like a heading (only heading is a little too big but who's complaining :-) ).

To show you what I mean I made a screenshot...

It's looks totally organized, I LOVE it. And I would love it if you could setup gNewsReader like that to your personal demands!

:-)

What I really love is that when the new articles are marked read, they are actually marked read online too. A lot of rss readers have problems with this.
    Attached Thumbnails gNewsReader - Feedly/NewsBlur client for BlackBerry10 in Cascades - Official feedback + Beta program-screenshot.png  
    03-07-13 04:27 AM
    Fantastic update! The only thing I'd like to see adjusted, and it's kinda nitpicking is this...

I've turned off the swipe to change articles. I love how I can swipe left-to-right to get back to article list, but when I'm scrolling up/down, the tiniest movement left or right causes the article to wiggle. Not a huge deal, but if there could be a little more 'dead zone' that would make it perfect. It's almost impossible to swipe up/down perfectly straight (for me anyway!) so it's distracting having it 'wiggle'.

Again, love the changes and the swipe from article to article-list is fantastic and fits in with the BB10 OS a lot more natively. This amazing app just keeps getting better.
    I also am a lover of "one finger operation" and asked Yogeshwar for a more rigid page scroll. Your idea of a dead zone may work (ie swiping on the center of the screen only works for vertical scroll, initiate a swipe on the sides and then it "may" qualify as a prev/next article gesture)
    Anyways, this app is getting better and better, thanks Y!
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    03-07-13 05:51 AM
    Is there a reason the close button for the browser is on the top left of the screen ? It's hard to reach there for 1 hand operation. I would prefer it to be on the bottom but if the design guidelines say otherwise then that's fine. Still waiting for the updated version to appear on BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 07:40 AM
    I already sent a suggestion, sorting the new articles by feed.

Now although I like your app very much, it's a little chaotic and not very clearly arranged when you have a lot of unread articles.

I love the Windows Phone 8 app "feed me" because it works like I want it after setting it up to my personal wishes: You start the app, it opens up in the "new articles" section (so I don't have to navigate there anymore), it loads all the articles sorted by feed (descending), and you can see which feed it is because it's feed name is there like a heading (only heading is a little too big but who's complaining :-) ).

To show you what I mean I made a screenshot...

It's looks totally organized, I LOVE it. And I would love it if you could setup gNewsReader like that to your personal demands!

:-)

What I really love is that when the new articles are marked read, they are actually marked read online too. A lot of rss readers have problems with this.
    Thanks I had already added the sorting suggestion on gNewsReader user feedback. I'll add others there as well. from your screenshot I am bit confused though the feeds do not appear sorted there just that feed is highlighted better. so is this additional suggestion right? you also want sorting by feed as well.

also selecting a startup feed/folder or category ("New", "All" or "Starred") is also a feature I am planning to add and already in the list on the site above. feel free to vote it up.
    sf49ers and zwuncki like this.
    03-07-13 07:41 AM
    Yes next update gets rid of header and gives standard back button at the bottom. Due to framework bug this also helps with memory usage as a bonus . the update usually takes 2 days to process so it should be live either tomorrow or on Monday ideally
    03-07-13 07:43 AM
    Any newson the offline reading feature yet?
    Most of my other priority items are getting finished now so offline is now one of the major ones remaining along with application cover support. which is currently highest voted feature on feedback site gNewsReader user feedback
    03-07-13 07:44 AM
    I also am a lover of "one finger operation" and asked Yogeshwar for a more rigid page scroll. Your idea of a dead zone may work (ie swiping on the center of the screen only works for vertical scroll, initiate a swipe on the sides and then it "may" qualify as a prev/next article gesture)
    Anyways, this app is getting better and better, thanks Y!
    Check out the small beta update 1.2.0.8, vertical scrolling should be as good as the previous versions now, no sideways scrolling
    joesworld likes this.
    03-07-13 07:45 AM
    Thanks I had already added the sorting suggestion on gNewsReader user feedback. I'll add others there as well. from your screenshot I am bit confused though the feeds do not appear sorted there just that feed is highlighted better. so is this additional suggestion right? you also want sorting by feed as well.

also selecting a startup feed/folder or category ("New", "All" or "Starred") is also a feature I am planning to add and already in the list on the site above. feel free to vote it up.
    No, the screenshot only show 3 feeds with overall 3 articles (there were only 3 unread), they are sorted by feed with heading above (so you know which feed with new articles you are currently reading), you can choose descending (mine) or ascending in the app. I like it like that with a better overview (heading)!

Thx for your support! :-)
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    03-07-13 07:57 AM
    I was not part of the beta program but looks like i still have update in bb world for beta. How do i get rid of update notification?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:14 AM
    Check out the small beta update 1.2.0.8, vertical scrolling should be as good as the previous versions now, no sideways scrolling
    Absolutely fantastic. Works amazing now. Swipe to go back to article list... yes! Perfect vertical scrolling... yes!
    You really nailed this update. 1.2.0.8 is so nice it should be pushed out for everyone to enjoy
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    03-07-13 07:05 PM
    No, the screenshot only show 3 feeds with overall 3 articles (there were only 3 unread), they are sorted by feed with heading above (so you know which feed with new articles you are currently reading), you can choose descending (mine) or ascending in the app. I like it like that with a better overview (heading)!

Thx for your support! :-)
    So you would like to something like the screenshot below right?
    gNewsReader - Feedly/NewsBlur client for BlackBerry10 in Cascades - Official feedback + Beta program-img_00000093.png

Posted via CB10
    zwuncki likes this.
    03-08-13 12:27 AM
    1.2.0.8 release is now live on blackberry app world, really great JOB by the QA team to pass it within a day.
    Changelog re-posted below

- More robust swiping experience
    - Option to disable swiping and use double tap (at corners) to browse, peek gesture also enabled in this mode
    - Swipe article list left to right to go back to main screen
    - Option to auto load next set when reaching list end, currently only active in list mode
    - Tap to go to top in article view and new header look & feel
    - Use internal browser to browse article links, back button works now and pinch to zoom
    - Better spacing and layout for lists
    - Reduce memory usage of the application
    - Additional font color fixes
    - Some important bugfixes

As always suggest more features and report issues at gNewsReader user feedback
    Wolfgan likes this.
    03-08-13 08:01 AM
    So you would like to something like the screenshot below right?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000093.png 
Views:	448 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	139740

Posted via CB10
    Yeah exactly. Maybe the heading a little bigger. But that looks cool :-)
    03-08-13 10:05 AM
    Anyone else having major performance issues today? I was having them before the upgrade and thought that the upgrade would maybe fix, but even after the upgrade it is really having issues. Maybe a Google server issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:08 PM
1,208 ... 23456 ...