I am author of gNewsReader - a google reader client for BlackBerry 10 (BB10). the program was ported from Nokia devices under Qt porting program.
Feedback can be provided at gNewsReader UserVoice feedback site
UPDATE:: The app is now live in the BlackBerry app world. (Latest version: 184.108.40.206) BlackBerry World - gNewsReader .
Beta program will still continue.
The current blackberry 10 (app world) version has following features
Browse by folder/subscription or tags with unread count display
- Auto read status sync in feed detail page
- Dark/Light themes
- Unread only browsing mode to quickly browse only unread items
- Swipe between articles in Feed Article Details screen
- Automatic Image resize to minimize horizontal scrolling
- Option to turn off image loading in article view
- Order by older to newer or newer to older
- Readability Mobilizer support
Full feed management features
- Subscribe to new feeds by adding URL's or searching using Google Feed Search (Coming soon)
- Starring of article.
- Management of subscriptions and Folders (Coming soon)
Sharing is supported in popular social networks and offline read services.
- Twitter, Facebook, BBM & LinkedIn (plus NFC etc supported by sharing framework of BB10)
- Instapaper, Pocket and readability
Some screenshots below.
Last edited by Yogeshwar P; 05-08-13 at 02:05 AM.
Reason: New update (220.127.116.11) now approved
Email sent. A good Google Reader app is pretty much the one and only thing I want that doesn't seem to be available.
I'm using gNewsReader for a year now (Nokia) and I promise You this is the best one, and the fastest one for Google Reader! It has no 3D graphics but when You need to read news this app simply does it's job the way it should. And of all my purchased apps, this app gave me most for my money because the author listens.
Looking at the screenshots it seems like all the folders are open by default, do they always stay that way or is it possible to collapse them down as it would seem like that would make it easier for people to get a clearer picture of all their feeds?
New beta is now out with following improvements
- Tweaked look & feel and fonts a bit to make it more appealing
- Mark all previous as read
- Pinch to zoom in built in web browser (open in browser and open mobilizer view)
- Some important bugfixes and code optimizations
- Clear auth setting now restarts the app from the first page no manual restart required
- Use time to auto reload the token from Google to ensure it does not expire midway in service calls
- Settings and Accounts are updated immediately
I've been testing this app, and wow... amazing. Simple, quick, and works perfectly. It's such a pleasure to use. I'm coming from BeReader on OS7 so I wasn't expecting to find a great google newsreader so quickly on BB10 but here it is!
You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!