Got it. Thanks Yogeshwar P, for me it's working like it should.

Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    11-04-14 11:43 PM
    2.9.5.4 update with mobilizer, open article bugfix is now live and rolling out
    Thanks a lot!!! Now it works perfect on the Passport ;-)

Passport owner ;-)
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    11-05-14 04:06 PM
    New beta 2.9.6.1 has just been uploaded, please find changelog below. As usual it might take few hours to sync to all servers.

- Article view choice: choose between article content from feed, original web source and readability mobilizer version of the article. use titlebar button to override mode for given feed/folder. use settings for global setting.
    - bugfix: duplicate items in starred list

Some explanation on article view choice.
    1. Current mode is available (Article content from feed data), but since there are always feeds with summary or truncated articles it now possible to set to view original article from website or original article via mobilizer.
    2. The setting is at global level but I assume most will stick to default here unless high number of subscribed feeds having truncated content.
    3. Use titlebar button (top right) on article view page to switch the mode only for currently browsed feed/article. This is helpful to override the default on specific feed/folder.
    4. Many RSS feeds do have alternate full version so this tip is just to search for full feeds and use the optional views only for few exception feeds having summary view

Plan to complete some additional features for this release cycle before submission.
    11-09-14 04:13 AM
    This is my most used app on a daily basis and you (dev) just keep improving on it. This type of dedication and connectivity with your users is (sad to say) rare in the world of phone apps. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    nappp, simonfa and Yogeshwar P like this.
    11-09-14 07:34 AM
    I have been using this application for a few months now. I like it very much.

Some features that would be cool to have:
    1. Good offline fetch support. This has been asked before in this thread, I notice.
    2. Offline fetch should be for complete article or only the header (configurable per feed)
    3. Scheduled download (say every day morning at 6am).
    4. Ability to fetch Max of 'n' messages per feed.

The above are in the context of Feedly feeds - atleast that's what I use. These features would be really nice to have!
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by octeon2; 11-13-14 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Fixing typos
    11-13-14 11:02 PM
    I have been using this application for a few months now. I like it very much.

Some features that would be cool to have:
    1. Good offline fetch support. This has been asked before in this thread, I notice.
    2. Offline fetch should be for complete article or only the header (configurable per feed)
    3. Scheduled download (say every day morning at 6am).
    4. Ability to fetch Max of 'n' messages per feed.

The above are in the context of Feedly feeds - atleast that's what I use. These features would be really nice to have!
    Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for the detailed request. will consider all the points mentioned here. My current tentative plan is to start work on these post the current BETA cycle. Plan to is to complete in in next 2 weeks or so.
    11-14-14 12:28 AM
    New beta (2.9.6.2) has just been uploaded. Changelog over current release version is now as below

- Option to directly browse the original article/mobilizer view along with feed article data
    - Unread count display in header/title
    - Support to delete tags from Subscription/Feeds screen
    - Remove ALT combination keys, replace with single character keys
    - Open feed RSS url in default browser
    - Open feed website in default browser
    - Option to have titlebar sticky/scrollable/default
    - Option for more time intervals for updates (4, 8, 16 and 24 hours)
    - Bugfix: Duplicate items in list (starred, load more operation)
    - Bugfix: Titlebar icons/text in bright theme
    - Bugfix: Correct unintended deletion of tags from article view screen
    - Bugfix: Wrong time interval used for > 2 hours duration

There is some issue when switching article view mode at folder level when the same has been overridden at feed level, currently working on that
    Wolfgan and simonfa like this.
    11-16-14 07:22 AM
    New beta (2.9.6.2) has just been uploaded. Changelog over current release version is now as below

- Option to directly browse the original article/mobilizer view along with feed article data
    - Unread count display in header/title
    - Support to delete tags from Subscription/Feeds screen
    - Remove ALT combination keys, replace with single character keys
    - Open feed RSS url in default browser
    - Open feed website in default browser
    - Option to have titlebar sticky/scrollable/default
    - Option for more time intervals for updates (4, 8, 16 and 24 hours)
    - Bugfix: Duplicate items in list (starred, load more operation)
    - Bugfix: Titlebar icons/text in bright theme
    - Bugfix: Correct unintended deletion of tags from article view screen
    - Bugfix: Wrong time interval used for > 2 hours duration

There is some issue when switching article view mode at folder level when the same has been overridden at feed level, currently working on that
    Excellent release Yogeshwar, full of features!
    Everything I tested worked for me, except duplicate entries in starred folders (the issue still persists)
    Suggestion: would it be possible for the top bar feed name to be clickable, and emulate the Open Feed URL action? (that would mimic Feedly website perfectly)
    Thanks again, Wolf

gNewsReader - Feedly/NewsBlur client for BlackBerry10 in Cascades - Official feedback + Beta program-img_20141116_140420.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:14 AM
    Excellent release Yogeshwar, full of features!
    Everything I tested worked for me, except duplicate entries in starred folders (the issue still persists)
    Suggestion: would it be possible for the top bar feed name to be clickable, and emulate the Open Feed URL action? (that would mimic Feedly website perfectly)
    Thanks again, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for testing the new build.
    Any specific steps to reproduce the duplicate items issue? not able to trigger it the way I was able to before this fix
    11-16-14 11:58 AM
    Thanks for testing the new build.
    Any specific steps to reproduce the duplicate items issue? not able to trigger it the way I was able to before this fix
    Same behavior as before Yogeshwar. Go to Starred list, 1st set of entries loads and seems ok, but if you swipe up the list and force loading of additional entries, the whole list duplicates (BTW, I list my entries older first if in case it's related to the issue)
    Wolf

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:20 PM
    Not an issue but a nuisance on Passport, is that the touch target for favoriting (star) or marking read (square) are too small.
    Any way you may increase them on the higher resolution screen?
    Wolf

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 07:35 AM
    I just wanted to come in and thank the developer. This is easily my most used app. It's simple and it just works.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:11 PM
    Thanks for bringing it to notice will surely increase the icon size for passport
    11-21-14 09:36 PM
    Just switched from a Z10 to a Passport and wanted to say that gNews works really well and looks really good on it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:18 AM
    Just switch back from moto x to Z30. And want to say thank dev. Great App!

From my Z30
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    12-04-14 08:27 PM
    2.9.6.3 now available as beta. changelog over 2.9.6.2

- Option to select startup folder for feedly account
    - Support for HubBrowser as browser choice
    simonfa, Wolfgan, Ecm and 1 others like this.
    12-06-14 12:13 AM
    Thanks Yogeshwar. I love the way you continue to refine the app.

Is it possible to show the total number of unread items in the "All new articles" view?
    12-06-14 08:26 AM
    2.9.6.4 now available as beta. changelog over 2.9.6.3
    - Fixes for article view switching should work properly when feed under folder has overriden settings
    - Progress indicator for loading mobiler or external web sources in article view
    - Fix for snippet view, avoid showing characters such as "

@Elessar.cm - unread display is on the plan, currently when directly a feed is opened on startup I skip updating of counts till you come back from the list. will change the logic soon to update counts, this also affects the startup folder list which is not populated till first full refresh on the subscription screen. So settings will not let you choose folders till its refreshed
    Last edited by Yogeshwar P; 12-06-14 at 10:23 PM.
    Wolfgan likes this.
    12-06-14 09:53 PM
    When I click update on the new beta I get a message "this app cannot be purchased".

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:17 PM
    When I click update on the new beta I get a message "this app cannot be purchased".

Posted via CB10
    After recent changes to appworld I have to delete the existing release BAR file and upload a new one. It takes some time for this new release to appear. Somehow delete is already in place so you are unable to locate any BAR file in the meantime. This will go away in few hours. had this happen to me as well.
    12-06-14 10:22 PM
    Ok no worries

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:48 PM
    Really like the ui changes like the number of unread feeds and the icon showing media is in the post.

Also the ability to switch views to mobilier and Web is awesome

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:33 AM
    - Fixes for article view switching should work properly when feed under folder has overriden settings
    - Progress indicator for loading mobiler or external web sources in article view

@Elessar.cm - unread display is on the plan, currently when directly a feed is opened on startup I skip updating of counts till you come back from the list. will change the logic soon to update counts, this also affects the startup folder list which is not populated till first full refresh on the subscription screen. So settings will not let you choose folders till its refreshed
    Thanks Yogeshwar for the update. Looking at the update, I realized the loading progress indicator is missing on the standard open article view (embedded browser). Should it work in there as well? (it would be useful for stuck pages)

Also, I noticed that while reading one item, scrolling down loses the article title while the top bar is almost empty, any way you can add the title in there? (even if just the 1st line of it as reference)

BTW, the duplicate articles on starred list issue still persists in this version as well.

Keep the updates coming!
    Thx, Wolf

gNewsReader - Feedly/NewsBlur client for BlackBerry10 in Cascades - Official feedback + Beta program-img_20141207_072648.png

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-07-14 04:35 AM
    Thanks for the snippet view fix. Another minor irritation gone.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 08:26 AM

Excellent. Looking forward to it.
    12-07-14 09:38 AM
1,208 ... 3839404142 ...