http://gizmodo.com/5988920/blackberr...-ever-be-there
    This was an article from Gizmodo yesterday, I'm not sure if there has been a thread on this already, so I apologize if there is.
    I'm posting this to say they are wrong (They show instagram as never coming to BB10), I am posting this to say what if for most of the things they are right. Before launch BlackBerry and Thorsten said how they would have all the top apps (or said a certain percentage, I forgot exactly). BlackBerry world is still missing a lot and I am wondering if the top apps are coming like we were told. I know, hard to trust the 100% validity of this article, but got me thinking about what is and still isn't coming. What does everyone else think?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry 10: Which Apps Will (and Won’t) Ever Be There
    Peter Ha

Earlier this week it was reported that Netflix has no plans to develop a BlackBerry 10 app. While that specific nugget of news wasn't surprising, we began to wonder what other popular apps may or may not be coming to BB10.

After all, BlackBerry did say at launch this past January that BlackBerry World had over 70,000 apps for its latest operating system. Not too bad. But really, which of the most obvious and popular apps on Android, iOS, and even Windows Phone might you see on BB10? Here's the full rundown, straight from the developer's mouths.

Yea

BlackBerry managed to secure several notable launch partners, like the impressively-longer-than-expected list below. But not all of these are currently available. For instance, Rdio and ooVoo have committed to the platform but haven't actually finished building their respective apps. While they weren't announced as a launch partner, Kayak has also committed to BlackBerry 10 with a port of its Android app. But hey, there's still some time before the US launch. Like maybe a week or two.

Nay

As expected, there's an even longer list of companies whose official response was basically "We have nothing to report at this time" or they were "keeping an eye on BB10" or more simply put, "ew" (no seriously, that was one prominent dev's response). When asked if and which apps from Google's stable might reach BB10, the company had this to say: "Our goal is to make our products available to as many people as possible. We're always evaluating different platforms, but have no detailed plans to share at this time." Or, if you're Nike, you're sticking to your one trick pony: "Not at this time - we are working to maximize the experience on iOS."

Maybe?

But wait! There are one or two companies who are thinking about maybe, possibly, one day down the road, making an app. Like, Shazam, for instance, "Shazam does not currently have a BB10 app, but may in the future." Or if you're Pandora you could give a long-winded response that could be misinterpreted as being coy, which could be misinterpreted as something to read between the lines, or not: "We don't talk about potential future product offerings, so I unfortunately don't have a firm answer as to if or when Pandora would be available on Blackberry 10 phones."
    03-08-13 09:37 AM
    This was a pointless article....in my opinion.
    03-08-13 09:40 AM
    "Ever" is an awfully long time though. Things change. Developers' stance on BB10 might too. Lets say if Q1 sales numbers are good, developers may re-evaluate their plans. If there is enough users on BB10 they can target, they will consider it. So saying that some apps won't EVER be there, is as daft as it comes. Unless that writer can foresee the future (which i highly doubt so), then sure, by all means. If not this article is pointless.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-08-13 10:09 AM
    ....... Before, the 'does anyone still read Gzmodo' comments come in. IF the 'nay' list current, it will be hard for me to buy a Z10 or Q10.
    03-08-13 10:21 AM
    ....... Before, the 'does anyone still read Gzmodo' comments come in. IF the 'nay' list current, it will be hard for me to buy a Z10 or Q10.
    Unfortunately, I do believe it is current for the most part. I really want a Z10 but, like you, with this list I just couldn't justify switching. What I'm hoping happens is that the U.S. launch goes very well and a lot of people go for the Z10, which hopefully will convince these companies that it would be worth their time to create apps. The big apps missing for me are Netflix and Hulu Plus; I couldn't buy a phone without these, gotta have them to kill time in between classes.
    03-08-13 11:21 AM
    Unfortunately, I do believe it is current for the most part. I really want a Z10 but, like you, with this list I just couldn't justify switching. What I'm hoping happens is that the U.S. launch goes very well and a lot of people go for the Z10, which hopefully will convince these companies that it would be worth their time to create apps. The big apps missing for me are Netflix and Hulu Plus; I couldn't buy a phone without these, gotta have them to kill time in between classes.
    Its not all the way correct. Google maps can be side loaded and apparently works great. BB is apparently readying a ebay app along with others too....and many more should be ready for launch in the US. There is definitely still a app gap. No one shouldve expected a brand new OS to have every single big app but while see how this theory that many apps are being held back for the US launch holds up soon enough...
    03-10-13 04:13 AM
    Gizmodo is only interested in getting clicks. This article just shows that they get more attention by writing offensive stories about BlackBerry 10 than they do with unbiased reporting. It is also blatantly misleading to say in the headline that certain apps will "Never" be on a platform and then to backtrack with the more accurate "No plans at this time" statement from developers.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:04 AM
    Google maps can be side loaded and apparently works great.
    Right -- and it's great for looking up locations of things -- but try and use it to navigate somewhere. Every single time I use it for this purpose it looses GPS lock.
    03-10-13 09:53 AM
    And Gizmodo knows this because they know all and see all. The Nostradamus of our time.
    03-10-13 10:01 AM
    how can they know that something will never be there ?
    03-10-13 02:38 PM
    Very tired of hearing about the App Gap. Ridiculous. I get that some people must have stuff for business. But the idea that you won't consider BlackBerry because it is missing some app is silly. But that is me I guess.

Let those who must find something else.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:03 PM