So John Chen says that he will leave the consumer app market to amazon to satisfy for us BB10 users.

That means to me that these apps wont have push notifications and hub integration.

Consumer apps means Facebook, twitter, foursquare and a bunch of other apps we have native already.

Does this deal mean no more updates for these apps in native form?

How about whatsapp and skype?

So many questions.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-18-14 07:55 PM
    He said the blackberry world will still be here. So if these apps are native they will still remain.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-18-14 07:57 PM
    Most probably updates too as they've gone out there way to build native in the first place

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-18-14 07:58 PM
    He said the blackberry world will still be here. So if these apps are native they will still remain.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    Yes they will remain but will there be development?

06-18-14 07:59 PM
    Most probably updates too as they've gone out there way to build native in the first place

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    This is the part im not sure about.

06-18-14 08:10 PM
    Here's my take. If the Amazon app store gets more people buying BB phones and increases their market share, there will be a whole host of new consumers who want the native facebook, twitter, etc experience with hub integration and there will be incentive for those companies to keep their apps updated. If it doesn't happen and facebook, twitter etc continue to see that BB10 users make up like 1% of their total user base then they won't be updated. Which is probably fair.

Posted via CB10
    coloibarra and QtHelex like this.
    06-18-14 08:23 PM
    Facebook and Twitter are both developed by BlackBerry, so I don't see them abandoning them for the Android versions.
    Foursquare on the other hand IS developed by Foursquare. I wouldn't be too surprised if they dropped BlackBerry support since they also have no intentions to bring their latest app, Swarm, to BB10.

Posted via CB10/Q10
    06-18-14 08:32 PM
    Facebook and Twitter are both developed by BlackBerry, so I don't see them abandoning them for the Android versions.
    Foursquare on the other hand IS developed by Foursquare. I wouldn't be too surprised if they dropped BlackBerry support since they also have no intentions to bring their latest app, Swarm, to BB10.

Posted via CB10/Q10
    Actually I just checked twitter is now handled by twitter inc. It used to be developed by BlackBerry as you said.

I really hope current devs dont drop BlackBerry 10 native support and development.

06-18-14 08:34 PM