Flip Shush Pro in-app purchase is on sale! $0.99 (USD) for a limited time!

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-feature_flipshush.jpg

This App has achieved the Built for BlackBerry� designation. This means that it has been through a rigorous approval process at RIM and will deliver a quality BlackBerry� 10 experience.

BlackBerry World - Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10

Features:
    • Mute Media (Music/Video) by flipping device face-down (app must remain running, even if only in active frame)
    • Built with BlackBerry 10 Cascades

Pro Features - Available via In-App purchase (2.99 USD On sale for $0.99)
    • Everything list above plus:
    • Mute Notifications
    • Mute Phone Ringing
    • When upgrading to FlipShush Pro, all Pro owners will automatically get all new features

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000068.jpg Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000072.jpg

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000069.jpg Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000071.jpg

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000028.jpg

*Pro features shown in screenshots
    Last edited by jamespaulmuir; 07-10-13 at 08:08 AM.
    sf49ers, aminrajabi, robkd and 5 others like this.
    01-27-13 10:17 PM
    Oh how I wish I had one to test. But I'll definitely give it ago on my Z10 in hopefully 3-10 days.
    01-27-13 10:26 PM
    That's neat.
    01-27-13 10:38 PM
    That is actually a really cool idea, very usefull as well. I will be downloading as soon as I get my Z10, might even be my first app....
    01-27-13 10:55 PM
    Nice... just grabbed it. Though, in case you're not aware... this won't shush your notifications. ie: Phone Calls. It will just shush things like music, video volume etc.
    robkd and sushistew like this.
    01-27-13 10:56 PM
    Nice... just grabbed it. Though, in case you're not aware... this won't shush your notifications. ie: Phone Calls. It will just shush things like music, video volume etc.
    Thanks for the update.

Like the concept of the app, can see it of being useful at times. Active frame picture is good, nice little app, downloaded it and works nicely

One thing though, App doesn't work if the screen is locked (screen turned off). Not sure if it's possible to make it work when the screen is turned off, but the app becomes nonfunctional which kinda makes the app somewhat pointless as I can really only imagine using it while listening to music with the screen off, and then flipping the phone over if i need to, etc.

Love this idea tho, i normally flip my phone over so the red blinking light is out of the way, so this is kinda the same concept
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 01-28-13 at 12:01 AM.
    01-27-13 11:23 PM
    Yeah good find. At first I was hoping this was a bug on Dev Alpha builds of the OS, and then I realized that this app would be nothing more than a novelty...

Until.... I did some more digging and figured out a way to mute notifications, phone calls, and even camera shutter. Expect an update soon!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    robkd likes this.
    02-07-13 08:01 AM
    Thanks for the update.

Like the concept of the app, can see it of being useful at times. Active frame picture is good, nice little app, downloaded it and works nicely

One thing though, App doesn't work if the screen is locked (screen turned off). Not sure if it's possible to make it work when the screen is turned off, but the app becomes nonfunctional which kinda makes the app somewhat pointless as I can really only imagine using it while listening to music with the screen off, and then flipping the phone over if i need to, etc.

Love this idea tho, i normally flip my phone over so the red blinking light is out of the way, so this is kinda the same concept
    Will look into this for the next release. Thanks for the feedback!

dietertong likes this.
    02-07-13 08:02 AM
    Will look into this for the next release. Thanks for the feedback!

Awesome! Sounds good, looking forward to the updates

02-07-13 10:03 AM
    Quick teaser of the upcoming release:

Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000018.jpg Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000022.jpg Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000025.jpg Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10 Free!-img_00000028.jpg
    02-11-13 12:19 AM
    Ohhh dang you are such a tease!! Lol looking nice man!

02-11-13 12:30 AM
    Looks EXCELLENT! Great job man, keep it up! Can't wait to try the camera shutter option, that should be very useful! Love the update

02-11-13 01:18 AM
    Quick typo fix "Will be remain muted" in the second last picture.. sorry, can't edit my post on the CB 10 app yet. Just figured I'd point it out before u submit it to BlackBerry World. Also, nice background, I've used that one before, got it from subtle patterns, right?

02-11-13 01:21 AM
    Wow this app looks great! Comparing it from the original post and now with the "coming soon" update, I can't wait to grab this once it's updated!
    robkd likes this.
    02-11-13 07:38 AM
    James,

Maybe additionally to the FlipShush app, could you possibly create a similar app that mutes the device when it is put into the holster and back to normal when it is taken out? This was a great feature with the old BlackBerrys, but it is currency missing for BB10.

Yours,
    Stephan
    02-22-13 05:33 PM
    great idea! I will investigate as soon as I get a Z10 of my own (currently still developing on Dev Alpha and I couldn't get it into holster mode)

James,

Maybe additionally to the FlipShush app, could you possibly create a similar app that mutes the device when it is put into the holster and back to normal when it is taken out? This was a great feature with the old BlackBerrys, but it is currency missing for BB10.

Yours,
    Stephan
    03-07-13 12:27 PM
    New version up in App World waiting for approval!

* The camera shutter portion is not in this release, still working on some bugs with that one and it's not ready for prime time yet.
    03-07-13 12:30 PM
    New update is now live in App World!

please share any/all feedback using the in-app feedback or on this thread!

I'm most interested in:
    • If the app fails to shush the enabled profiles
    • If the Help is confusing, misleading, or should be re-worded
    • Any trouble with the in-app purchase of the pro features
    • Battery life while running FlipShush
    • Suggestions for improvement

BlackBerry World - Flip Shush for BlackBerry 10
    03-07-13 10:08 PM
    Thanks just downloaded it

Posted via CB10
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    03-07-13 10:24 PM
    The in app purchase works like a charm, just grabbed the pro version. Happy to help out a dev who builds in native code!

One suggestion would be the ability to toggle the icons in the corner to turn on and off that feature instead of having to swipe down to settings to manage it? Would streamline the app.

Now, just gotta get my girl to call me so I can test out the added features.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 03-08-13 at 01:34 AM.
    03-08-13 01:06 AM
    Is there still a plan to implement the camera shutter sound silencer or is there no way of doing it due to legal issues?
    03-08-13 04:07 AM
    More feedback; the call silencing is a bit hit and miss, it doesn't always work straight away. I have to exaggerate the turning movement for the app to take effect and it only works after a few tries.

No problems with the media silencing however.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:34 AM
    Ok thanks for the feedback, I recently changed the angle to 15 degrees before it mutes, do you think increasing the angle would help or was it spotty for a different reason?

More feedback; the call silencing is a bit hit and miss, it doesn't always work straight away. I have to exaggerate the turning movement for the app to take effect and it only works after a few tries.

No problems with the media silencing however.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:19 AM
    Is there still a plan to implement the camera shutter sound silencer or is there no way of doing it due to legal issues?
    I still plan on implementing this (ran into some technical hurdles, believe it or not they really don't want you to be able to mute the shutter sound!). There will be a user agreement in the app that you would have to agree with that states that in your jurisdiction you are allowed to use the feature.
    03-08-13 10:21 AM
    Just purchased this too, I rang myself to test it and initially it wouldn't go on silent but then tried the music silencer and that worked so called myself and worked...so all good so far

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:03 PM
122 123 ...