• 1 Post By Michelle Haag
  • 1 Post By jobooie
  • 1 Post By abiator
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    BB: 2AB14EC7 - PB: 50110033 - BBM Fitness Channel: C00093F7A
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Fitness Apps on the New BB10?

With the new year i've been on my new fitness kick. Now that I have this new motivation for life, I will soon have my new Blackberry 10 (Z or the Q) to add. I will be looking for more up to date fitness applications. I would like to see some of the applications that are currently offered on the iPhone and Androids. I hope to see Nike+, Nike Boom, Polar Fitness, LoseIt! and other fitness applications.

Which Fitness Applications would you like to on the BB10 devices? SOUND OFF!
    Mr.C
    Z10 PIN: 2AB14EC7
    PB PIN: 50110033
    BBM Fitness Channel: C00093F7A
    The girl who waited

Global Posts
    1,853 Global Posts

I want Zombies, Run!
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
    Twitter @_Miche11e_ .::. BBM Channel C0001B3B5

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your effing smartphone.
    "Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence." - Pythagoras
    Thanked by:
    jasperlin (02-05-2013) 
    jasperlin likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

I'm looking for a gym log app like this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/gym-...0l3Vy&ct=vb_cb

Nothing too complicated, I just want to create some routines and be able to keep track of my sets per exercise within the routines. It doesnt even need an exercise "database", I would be more than happy to input my own exercises. I wish I knew how to make this myself, but I have zero programming knowledge.

The only blackberry app that comes close to this is Gym Technik but it requires a subscription, and I dont see any value in paying monthly to be able to have an exercise log.
    Previous Devices: Bold 9000, Torch 9800, Bold 9780
    Current Devices: Bold 9900, Playbook 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Fitocracy is the best fitness app out there

You can also use it through the web

I keep hounding them about BB10 but no acknowledgement
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Sport Tracker

Sport Tracker is the app you need. Works perfect and it is native
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hands down MyFitnessPal
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

NEED Livestrong or MyFitnessPal before the march release
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PlayBook

I use Endomondo on my 9800, it works great and I would love to see this on BB10, even as a ported app.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

I would love to have the Garmin Connect Mobile

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=125677

It would allow my fiance to follow my rides live, and maybe ease her worries about me while I'm out riding (sometimes alone)

Quote Originally Posted by GarminConnect

Never Ride Alone

With the live tracking feature, your friends and family can follow your races and training activities in real time. Just pair your smartphone running Garmin Connect Mobile with your Edge 510 or 810, then invite followers via email or social media to view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they get your invite, they can follow your position on a map², as well as track time elapsed, distance, speed, and elevation in real time. If you’re using ANT+ accessories like a speed/cadence sensor or heart rate monitor, they can view that data as well.

Upload Activities, Download Courses

Garmin Connect Mobile allows you to wirelessly upload your completed activities so you can instantly store, share and analyze every aspect of your ride. You choose whether activities upload automatically or manually. Once your workouts post to Garmin Connect, your “connections” can view them and you can share them over your social media networks.
    The app also lets you search your courses and workouts and send them directly to your Edge 510 or 810¹. From there, you can use them for navigation or to race against your previous times using the Virtual Partner® feature.

Track Weather
    Get real-time weather conditions, forecasts and alerts directly on your Edge 510 or 810 when it’s paired with Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone. It puts the decision-making data you need at your fingertips while ensuring that your phone can stay safe and dry.

Acquire Satellites Quickly

Jump in the saddle and go with Garmin Connect Mobile. The app can help your device predict where GPS satellites are located in the sky, so it spends less time searching for signals before you’re ready to ride.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jobooie View Post
    Hands down MyFitnessPal
    +1 on this one. The website works perfectly on my PlayBook though. Better than the Android app, except for the bar code scanning.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

All of the applications named are great applications. I currently use MyFitnessPal to track my diet and Endomondo to track my workouts. I love them both. What I would like to see is 1 application that does both. I would like to track my workouts and my diet in 1 app.

The app called LoseIt! does that. It even let's you log SEX as a workout!! Awesome!! (Angelic singing ). The only problem is that it's was written for iPhone and Android. I currently have it on my Playbook as a converted application. I would rather have it on my new BB10 (which ever one I end up with). So I can: 1). use my HRM with it 2) Get my run and Insanity Workout on while I'm listening to my playlist and 3). The morning after me and my lady are done doing the "Grown-Up", I can log how many packs I gained in the Ab area.. Just kidding!! (sort of)...
    Mr.C
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jobooie View Post
    Hands down MyFitnessPal
    +1
    Definitely my fitness pal. I used it in my 9810 and would like to see it join BlackBerry 10!!!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Endomondo Available in Blackberry World.
    Mr.C
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    Maybe...

Another vote for Myfitnesspal

Posted via CB10
    Have you hit SEARCH today?/
    CrackBerry User

I'm using gym chronicles and it is super legit for keeping track of weight training. Native app

Posted via CB10
    tabletfriendly.com --- your tablets favorite web page
    DJRikko likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

1. Any ported app - uses an older version of Android runtime that does not support BT Heart rate monitors. So if that's important to you - ported and sideloaded apps will not meet your needs.

2. Because BB failed to include BT serial port profile in the 10.0/10.1 OS only BT4 HRM will work regardless of native or when BB updates to Android JB in July.

Just thought people might like to know.
    Ad Lucem

Thanked by:
    niss63 (05-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

We need my fitness pal on BB10! Already sounded off to their app development department, they need a high demand from the BlackBerry 10 community to carry over an app to us.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C05 View Post
    All of the applications named are great applications. I currently use MyFitnessPal to track my diet and Endomondo to track my workouts. I love them both. What I would like to see is 1 application that does both. I would like to track my workouts and my diet in 1 app.

The app called LoseIt! does that. It even let's you log SEX as a workout!! Awesome!! (Angelic singing ). The only problem is that it's was written for iPhone and Android. I currently have it on my Playbook as a converted application. I would rather have it on my new BB10 (which ever one I end up with). So I can: 1). use my HRM with it 2) Get my run and Insanity Workout on while I'm listening to my playlist and 3). The morning after me and my lady are done doing the "Grown-Up", I can log how many packs I gained in the Ab area.. Just kidding!! (sort of)...
    You can authorize MFP to receive data from Endomondo. So you use Endomondo as normal and it sends the data to MFP in the background. It's pretty much instantaneous.

Works well, I would like to be able to the same with Strava but no go.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by abiator View Post
    I'm using gym chronicles and it is super legit for keeping track of weight training. Native app

Posted via CB10
    Hey, I'm using this app, but I can't find any info on it anymore. It seems to have been pulled from BBWorld... I wanted to see what the upgraded version comes with, but even the developer hasn't got a webpage or anything. Do you know anything by any chance?
    I love this app and I want more of it! Lol.
    Innovation requires a partnership, the user and the maker have to be willing to change to achieve it.

BB by choice!

Nokia 5165, Nokia 8260, Nokia 3395, Kyocera 5135, Samsung SPH-A500, Samsung C-6112, Samsung SGH-A117, LG Shine, BB 9700, BB9780, BlackBerry Z10 + PB WiFi 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calvin_ta View Post
    Sport Tracker is the app you need. Works perfect and it is native
    Native for BB10? Not according to their web site.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

If Sports Tracker is Native, why doesn't it have HRM support?
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry Abuser

My fitness pal

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Check out CascaRun with HRM. Works great.

Posted via CB10