I can't speak for them but when I search BBWorld, I do not see Files and folders for my Z10. Was it offered and withdrawn?
    It is an app built on adobe air which is no longer supported on 10.3.1. So it will no longer show up for you if that's what you're on.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    jtv1 and FF22 like this.
    01-05-15 02:52 PM
    That's interesting. I looked up THEIR NAME and only came up with 2 or 3 apps and not Files/Folders!!!! Oh, I wonder if it might depend on the OS installed???? I'm using a 10.3.1.xxxx leak.
    That must definitely be the reason, as I am still using on my Z10 100-STL2 OS10.2.1.3062

I haven't been able to get any of the leaked upgrades as my understanding is I would need my PC to possibly sideload this upgrade, which I haven't got right now.

Please correct me if I am wrong, someone Please

jtvberry
    01-08-15 07:52 AM

I haven't been able to get any of the leaked upgrades as my understanding is I would need my PC to possibly sideload this upgrade, which I haven't got right now.

Please correct me if I am wrong, someone Please

jtvberry
    Only official updates are done OTA. Leaks are loaded with a PC.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-08-15 08:09 AM
    Only official updates are done OTA. Leaks are loaded with a PC.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Dear conite

Thank you, that info is very much appreciated.

I did get an understanding that there would be an OTA release for the Z10 100-STL2 but being my carrier/provider is 3UK and they have decided not to do business with BlackBerry any longer, would that mean 10.3.1 would no longer be available for me if my carrier/provider has no future dealings with my preferred device, or are they obliged to send any updates/upgrades due.

For obvious security reasons.

jtvberry
    01-08-15 10:47 AM
    Dear conite

Thank you, that info is very much appreciated.

I did get an understanding that there would be an OTA release for the Z10 100-STL2 but being my carrier/provider is 3UK and they have decided not to do business with BlackBerry any longer, would that mean 10.3.1 would no longer be available for me if my carrier/provider has no future dealings with my preferred device, or are they obliged to send any updates/upgrades due.

For obvious security reasons.

jtvberry
    I can't say for sure. It depends on the carrier.

Worst case scenario is that you get to a PC and load up another carrier's official 10.3.1 software and install it on your phone. Just wait a few more weeks and see what develops.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-08-15 12:41 PM
    I can't say for sure. It depends on the carrier.

Worst case scenario is that you get to a PC and load up another carrier's official 10.3.1 software and install it on your phone. Just wait a few more weeks and see what develops.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Yeah, that's what I thought was best, wait for the proper OTA

Thanks conite

jtvberry
    01-08-15 03:34 PM
    I got started on Files and Folders when I used my Playbook. Was a fantastic app. I loaded it on my Z10, but gravitated to PlayCloud. Wish they would upgrade it.
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-08-15 04:20 PM
    I have just written to bb.support@innovatology on facebook and I will soon be seeking out the owners of this application on Twitter.

I have observed that the last time someone received a reply back from innovatology, seems to be back in the year 2013, both here and on facebook.

I had no intention of contacting them on Facebook but it seems my hands were forced as a paying customers for their applications on both of my devices.

It is not enough that the claim of support particularly for a paying customers is advertised and not met, regardless of whether the reason may be based on prejudice, if that be the case.

At worse, if the owner has passed away and is no longer with us, then your customers should know privately and personally at the very least and the common understanding should be met by the purchaser.

I am angry that such an excellent application in not appreciated by its owner as it is by its buyers.

I am trying my very best to keep my feelings in close quarters.

I look forward to their reply.

jtvberry
    01-09-15 01:04 PM
    I have just written to bb.support@innovatology on facebook and I will soon be seeking out the owners of this application on Twitter.

I have observed that the last time someone received a reply back from innovatology, seems to be back in the year 2013, both here and on facebook.

I had no intention of contacting them on Facebook but it seems my hands were forced as a paying customers for their applications on both of my devices.

It is not enough that the claim of support particularly for a paying customers is advertised and not met, regardless of whether the reason may be based on prejudice, if that be the case.

At worse, if the owner has passed away and is no longer with us, then your customers should know privately and personally at the very least and the common understanding should be met by the purchaser.

I am angry that such an excellent application in not appreciated by its owner as it is by its buyers.

I am trying my very best to keep my feelings in close quarters.

I look forward to their reply.

jtvberry
    You can hardly be angry with the developer. BlackBerry removed Adobe Air from 10.3.1.

The developer would have to either completely rebuild the app from scratch, or modify and port the existing Air app to an Android app.

What function do you need that is not available in the native File Manager, or with PlayCloud?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-09-15 01:18 PM
    You can hardly be angry with the developer. BlackBerry removed Adobe Air from 10.3.1.

The developer would have to either completely rebuild the app from scratch, or modify and port the existing Air app to an Android app.

What function do you need that is not available in the native File Manager, or with PlayCloud?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Thank you for the info conite, but I do not have the OS service 10.3.1.

It has never been offered to me, which gives me, I believe, to be very angry.

I would not want to get a refund on the item, a reply is all I need even if it is to say, from innovatology; they can no longer help.
    Then I can be adult enough to make future decisions.
    Right now, they are giving no options, maybe in hope this will all blow away and be forgotten.

May I ask, would Adobe-Air removed effect me, and for what reasons.
    I do not own an OS Version 10.3.1.

jtvberry
    01-09-15 01:55 PM
    Thank you for the info conite, but I do not have the OS service 10.3.1.

It has never been offered to me, which gives me, I believe, to be very angry.

I would not want to get a refund on the item, a reply is all I need even if it is to say, from innovatology; they can no longer help.
    Then I can be adult enough to make future decisions.
    Right now, they are giving no options, maybe in hope this will all blow away and be forgotten.

May I ask, would Adobe-Air removed effect me, and for what reasons.
    I do not own an OS Version 10.3.1.

jtvberry
    The app was probably pulled because everyone will be updated in a few weeks to 10.3.1 anyway.

Edit: I still see it as available on both PlayBook and bb10 with 10.2.1.

But again, what is it that you need with this app?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 02:00 PM
    Dear conite

I hope you don't feel my reply was in anyway offensive, please forgive me if I sounded abrupt.

Since replying to you, I have just looked into Twitter and it seems Innovatology have not made any correspondence to anyone since 26/03/2014

Please tell me.
    Say, when CB decides that they will make changes to their website.
    Would they not inform us all with the possibility that the website would be shutdown for a time.

Innovatology, when trying to contact them, send us via their link to a pretty website.
    If you don't look closely enough at the small print, you may never find an address after the running around one is given to simply contact them.

Their advice was to contact them on Facebook, a direction I would of preferred to refrain from.
    I am genuinely concerned for such a good app and how most of the links surround them.
    But to get simply no reply, blows my top and endeavours me to go on a chase.

jtvberry
    01-09-15 02:11 PM
    Dear conite

I hope you don't feel my reply was in anyway offensive, please forgive me if I sounded abrupt.

Since replying to you, I have just looked into Twitter and it seems Innovatology have not made any correspondence to anyone since 26/03/2014

Please tell me.
    Say, when CB decides that they will make changes to their website.
    Would they not inform us all with the possibility that the website would be shutdown for a time.

Innovatology, when trying to contact them, send us via their link to a pretty website.
    If you don't look closely enough at the small print, you may never find an address after the running around one is given to simply contact them.

Their advice was to contact them on Facebook, a direction I would of preferred to refrain from.
    I am genuinely concerned for such a good app and how most of the links surround them.
    But to get simply no reply, blows my top and endeavours me to go on a chase.

jtvberry
    The developer has obviously moved on. Probably a guy in his basement who sold a handful of apps, but has left for greener pastures.

I'm asking again for the third time: what's wrong with PlayCloud (which is available for everyone) ?

Just move on. You're wasting your energy.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 02:28 PM
    The developer has obviously moved on. Probably a guy in his basement who sold a handful of apps, but has left for greener pastures.

I'm asking again for the third time: what's wrong with PlayCloud (which is available for everyone) ?

Just move on. You're wasting your energy.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Thanks for the heads up, I just wish bb support innovatology were brave enough to give that suggestion.

Thanks conite, I will look into that app, I could do with the refund to

jtvberry
    01-09-15 02:36 PM
    I would like to know, if they are no longer supporting Blackberry and our devices.

Why hasn't BlackBerry removed them from BlackBerry World Apps on both the OS10 and PlayBook.

I know BlackBerry no longer have any dealings with the PlayBook, but yet they do having a BlackBerry App World installed.

jtvberry
    01-09-15 02:43 PM
    I would like to know, if they are no longer supporting Blackberry and our devices.

Why hasn't BlackBerry removed them from BlackBerry World Apps on both the OS10 and PlayBook.

I know BlackBerry no longer have any dealings with the PlayBook, but yet they do having a BlackBerry App World installed.

jtvberry
    There are hundreds of developers in BBW that are no longer updating or supporting their old apps. It's the same on every platform. How would you expect them to keep track of the thousands of developers?

This is not a big deal. A couple of bucks. Who cares?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 02:57 PM
    I just thought about this subject and came back to the thought of.

How important is an application to you
    Are you rich enough to think, "Oh, it's just a couple of bucks, I'll just give it away because I don't need mine, I'll just happily line someone else's pockets because they have no intention of given the support I paid for.
    My kids could do without, if I have any.
    The kids don't deserve food nor sweeties they have to work for that.

I just don't care attitude needs to go, don't you think?
    If I get the just chance, I would probably find the offender and Takes Them Hostage, tie them up and put them in a little small cupboard, who cares!!!

jtvberry
    01-09-15 03:19 PM
    I just thought about this subject and came back to the thought of.

How important is an application to you
    Are you rich enough to think, "Oh, it's just a couple of bucks, I'll just give it away because I don't need mine, I'll just happily line someone else's pockets because they have no intention of given the support I paid for.
    My kids could do without, if I have any.
    The kids don't deserve food nor sweeties they have to work for that.

I just don't care attitude needs to go, don't you think?
    If I get the just chance, I would probably find the offender and Takes Them Hostage, tie them up and put them in a little small cupboard, who cares!!!

jtvberry
    I'm sure you're joking, but I'll play along.

So some dude punched out an app a couple of years ago, and charged $2 for it.

So you believe he owes you a lifetime of support and servitude? The guy probably made a few hundred dollars at the time and most likely didn't even cover his costs.

This is getting ridiculous.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 03:50 PM
    This thread is like a train wreck! I just couldn't stop looking, even though I knew it was a waste of my time that I's never get back!

If this is what Google Translate puts out I'll never use it for sure.
    01-09-15 05:02 PM
    I'm sure you're joking, but I'll play along.

So some dude punched out an app a couple of years ago, and charged $2 for it.

So you believe he owes you a lifetime of support and servitude? The guy probably made a few hundred dollars at the time and most likely didn't even cover his costs.

This is getting ridiculous.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    All I would like him/her to say is that, they are no longer supporting blackberry, just like my service provider/carrier told me when I, "Wait For It"
    Asked.

And to add, if they are still not been reimbursed for their efforts, is that the reason why their application is still being sold in black BB10 and PlayBook BB World Apps.

I have just deleted both my Z10 100-STL2 and PlayBook Files & Folders app, and paid for the PlayCloud you proposed on both my phone and PlayBook.
    None of them connecting to my hotmail account as I wished, like Files & Folders did on both devices.

PlayCloud has been in a state of connecting for over an hour now, and am leaving it connecting till I wake up in the morning UK time.

And you said, there are thousands of BlackBerry Apps.
    Is it, that's news to me.
    Ummmm where?

jtvberry
    01-09-15 05:21 PM
    Some folks excel at participating in internet forums, while some excel at eating paste in school.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    01-09-15 11:28 PM
    Sent Innovatology an email to ask why Files & Folders no longer working on my Passport now I have upgraded to 10.3.1 - Just had a response (less than 2 hours after I sent my email to them).

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion (I was confused!)

(At least Files & Folders still works on my PlayBook.....)

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately, as noted in the app description, Files & Folders can not be installed on 10.3.1 and newer. The reason for this is that BlackBerry decided to remove the AIR platform on which Files & Folder was built. We urged BlackBerry to reverse this decision, but they went ahead anyway. Many apps built for BB10 no longer work with 10.3.1. I hope you'll understand that we have no choice but to - reluctantly - discontinue support for the BB10 platform.

--
    Yours,
    Jon Webb

Innovatology
    Oudegracht 20-D
    3511 AN Utrecht
    The Netherlands
    [email protected]
    Files & Folders for BlackBerry PlayBook

On 4 March 2015 at 21:12, Alex wrote:
    Hello,
    Please can you help me � as my Files and Folders app no longer works after upgrade to 10.3.1
    Thanks,
    Alex
    jtv1 likes this.
    03-05-15 08:17 AM
    Sent Innovatology an email to ask why Files & Folders no longer working on my Passport now I have upgraded to 10.3.1 - Just had a response (less than 2 hours after I sent my email to them).

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion (I was confused!)

(At least Files & Folders still works on my PlayBook.....)

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately, as noted in the app description, Files & Folders can not be installed on 10.3.1 and newer. The reason for this is that BlackBerry decided to remove the AIR platform on which Files & Folder was built. We urged BlackBerry to reverse this decision, but they went ahead anyway. Many apps built for BB10 no longer work with 10.3.1. I hope you'll understand that we have no choice but to - reluctantly - discontinue support for the BB10 platform.

--
    Yours,
    Jon Webb

Innovatology
    Oudegracht 20-D
    3511 AN Utrecht
    The Netherlands
    [email protected]
    Files & Folders for BlackBerry PlayBook

On 4 March 2015 at 21:12, Alex wrote:
    Hello,
    Please can you help me – as my Files and Folders app no longer works after upgrade to 10.3.1
    Thanks,
    Alex
    Am glad someone got a reply
    Well Done

I would of thought Innovatology would of had email addresses or PIN for everyone who purchased their app and any other devs with apps that depend on Adobe Air and let their ppls know in a post to all button.
    I don't mind having excess post concerning something I bought!!!
    03-10-15 10:53 PM
48 12