Today Facebook announces a whole suite of apps that hijack an android phone and turn it into their new (finally) money making idea. I hope we don't get all these apps choking BB10 in the future.
    04-04-13 01:38 PM
    It won't get installed on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:49 PM
    If that is the case then I will continue to use the mobile site and not install that.
    04-04-13 01:52 PM
    Check out the video on this page;
    Facebook announces Home - a group of social Android apps | Android Central

It looks like they want to copy Blackberry Hub idea, but make it for the 12 to 18 year old.

Just imagine heads floating around your screen all the time.
    04-04-13 01:56 PM
    I have a Facebook account but rarely login. Don't even use/activate the Facebook app on my BB. That's just me, though. If you like FB (and obviously a lot of people do) go for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:57 PM
    I have a Facebook account but rarely login. Don't even use/activate the Facebook app on my BB. That's just me, though. If you like FB (and obviously a lot of people do) go for it.

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather put my Z10 through a wood chipper, than let FaceBook add a layer over top of the BB10 operating system, in their attempt to make FaceBook profitable.
    04-04-13 02:17 PM
    I must be way out to lunch or something cause I see no value to this initiative other than value to facebook!! Are people that enraptured of facebook that they are willing to cede that much control to them?? This amazes me, I would never buy a phone with this much control and would never allow my kids to buy this either!! I can't believe that this will be a successful initiative! In my view, we are so close to major kickback against the huge companies that seem to think we will blindly go along with whatever they want to do to try and get private information from this. I think HTC just signed the death knell for this phone!! Watch consumers avoid this phone like the plague!! LOL!! @ Facebook!!
    04-04-13 02:25 PM
    No, to my knowledge it isn't even coming to iOS.
    The email they sent out looked like this.
    Is Facebooks new Bloatware coming BB10?-facebookandroid01.jpg
    04-04-13 02:35 PM
    I like the pitch.... "let us make your phone our new home" ....

It's like having your in-laws move in...
    04-04-13 03:01 PM
    I must be way out to lunch or something cause I see no value to this initiative other than value to facebook!! Are people that enraptured of facebook that they are willing to cede that much control to them?? This amazes me, I would never buy a phone with this much control and would never allow my kids to buy this either!! I can't believe that this will be a successful initiative! In my view, we are so close to major kickback against the huge companies that seem to think we will blindly go along with whatever they want to do to try and get private information from this. I think HTC just signed the death knell for this phone!! Watch consumers avoid this phone like the plague!! LOL!! @ Facebook!!
    Oh you would be surprised as to how much some people (especially the younger generation) are truly obsessed with Facebook, it's as though it is their personal diary but for everyone to see. Some 'friends' on my Facebook have to write exactly what they are doing every minute of every day, or whine about problems that they are having at home.

Kids have killed their parents over Facebook accounts being closed. It is insane.
    04-04-13 04:56 PM
    Actually, the current trend for younger kids is to turn to other social networks. My daughter and her friends mainly use G+; Twitter and Tumbler seem to be more appealing to them for posting random one-liners and food pics.

The younger generation doesn't want to be on their parents' social network, and I also noticed that most of them crank up their privacy settings and sign up under false names that are different enough to be hard to track, but close enough for people they know to recognise them. .

I do use Facebook because most of my friends and family live overseas (well, I'm actually the one who crossed oceans) and it's a great way to keep in touch.

But random pics of food, duck faces, caption pics, pseudo-motivational slogans, chain messages... as my home screen?

Over my dead body!

Posted with a BlackBerry Zed10 via CB10
    04-05-13 07:29 AM