Any word about a Facebook update for the z10?
    The app needs SO much more features to make it comparable to the iOS and Android versions.
    Maybe someone has infos about an update!?

#BB10Believe
    Smartie020 likes this.
    03-22-13 06:47 AM
    Which features are you looking for? And if you have Twitter you can try tweeting @BlackBerry to see if they have any news.
    03-22-13 06:48 AM
    I found many complaination reviews on Appworld about this app (for sharing, chating... and even feed updating functions) . The 2-star ranking means something, doesn't it? I think Blackberry should release an update asap
    03-22-13 07:13 AM
    For the chat, you can send a message via the send message button on the profile. In the Hub you then have a conversation like a chat. Works nice and if other people send you a message it also appears in the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:05 AM
    That's not the point this app is garbage right now! And they just released it in the United States as is... Why create your own failure?

Posted via CB10
    inffy and eldricho like this.
    03-22-13 09:12 AM
    Agree with this one. Doesn't support events within the app since it will open the browser once you click on it. No Pages and so on. This is "Weak" compared to iOS and android Facebook app.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:02 AM
    Hey folks, I'm a proud owner of the Z10 for like 2 days and I just love the whole user experience. It's mindblowingly good! But there's one little thing, that kinda annoys me a bit. I got the problem, that I can't send any facebook messages from within the HUB. I receive them, I can read them, the come in the perfect blackberry way. It's easy, fast and efficient, BUT i cannot respond to a message i got. As I type a message to respond to someone and send it, it won't send. There still the ,,submitting''-symbol that you see right before the little ,,message delivered tick marks''. Hope someone can help. p.s. responding to messages within the FB app works just fine. Just not from within the HUB.
    03-22-13 01:29 PM
    ... And they just released it in the United States as is...
    I can't understand this either. By releasing in the UK /Canada first they had a great set of guinea pigs for the Z10 launch in the US. With all the negative reviews around Facebook, I was convinced that it would see an update just before US launch...it's like giving BlackBerry a gun and telling them to shoot their own foot!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 02:40 AM
    I have never really liked the native FB app, on Z10 or Playbook, Android is far better. I would use the mobile site via the browser, but that does strange things too! We definitely need an update, or can anyone recommend an alternative FB client?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:29 AM
    I believe Michael Clewley (BlackBerry employee) mentioned on Twitter that an update for Facebook is in the works. Stay patient folks!
    03-23-13 11:31 AM
    Oh okay then I try to be patient. It definitely needs the whole multi touch experience with left and right sliding like it exists on the iOS version. Makes so much sense with the BB10 OS!

#BB10Believe
    03-23-13 11:59 AM
    if it is that bad conver the android app to .bar and sideload with ddbp
    03-23-13 12:40 PM
    Considering the many, many updates on legacy devices, I'm sure we will experience the same with BB10. Although, the Playbook app is still the worst on the planet still and nothing ever came for it. Still, I have faith in BlackBerry to deliver the goods.
    03-23-13 03:37 PM
    I find the FB mobile site, as much as it sucks too, is quite a bit better than the app. My opinion, though, nobody at FB has the remotest hint of a clue of how to design an intuitive UI.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 04:42 PM
    Yea but apple updates their same failure app about 2x a week... never have the audio notifications work properly.. That's more annoying then not having a event tab to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:42 PM