First off let me just say i LUUUURRRRVVVVVVEEE BB10 & my Z10!!

regards facebook has anyone noticed the news feed doesn't update properly e.g. most recent posts? Or am i missing a setting as looking within the app cannot find it.

all help appreciated
    LVING4NOW12 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:01 AM
    I think this is a facebook thing where the mobile apps are supposed to use the top stories sorting, but I have noticed if you toggle to top stories and then back to most recent on the desktop version the bb10 version updates similarly.
    fbloise likes this.
    02-01-13 08:47 AM
    Top Stories option is gone in the current BB10 version. It automatically defaults to Most Recent.
    02-01-13 08:57 AM
    I think this is a facebook thing where the mobile apps are supposed to use the top stories sorting, but I have noticed if you toggle to top stories and then back to most recent on the desktop version the bb10 version updates similarly.
    I noticed that with my Razr i where the FB desktop site and Android FB app would always favour Top Stories. If I changed the desktop site to Most Recent, my Android app would follow suit, but only for a day or so before defaulting back to Top Stories.
    With BB10 however, my FB desktop site is still defaulted to Top Stories, however the Z10 is still showing me Most Recent.
    02-01-13 09:07 AM
    Am I being dense, or is there really no option to share someone else's post in the FB App? Seems rather strange thing to have missing especially when it was available on BB7 phones, although an admittedly rubbish version.

I really would like to see an options/settings icon; you have to go to the mobile site to do anything like that.
    02-04-13 11:36 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the BB10 facebook app doesn't appear to use push notification's . My wifes Iphone get's notifications on threads we have both posted in instantly, and then 10 minutes later my Z10 will get 3 FB notifications in one hit.
    02-04-13 01:57 PM
    Am I being dense, or is there really no option to share someone else's post in the FB App? Seems rather strange thing to have missing especially when it was available on BB7 phones, although an admittedly rubbish version.

I really would like to see an options/settings icon; you have to go to the mobile site to do anything like that.
    I just switched from the iPhone to the BlackBerry z10 and I reckon the Facebook app has a lot to improve on
    02-04-13 02:05 PM
    The Facebook app definitely appears to be half-finished. I notice also that notifications of new items in groups doesn't work either.
    02-04-13 05:18 PM
    I find I have posts from days ago appear randomly, definitely need a most recent feature ASAP!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 05:36 PM
    How about Facebook chat is it there? Sharing in the android and iPhone apps just came out recently and the android app sucks bad. I find myself using the website more.
    02-04-13 06:25 PM
    I find I have posts from days ago appear randomly, definitely need a most recent feature ASAP!

I have this issue on my HTC also so seems to be a Facebook issue and not a Facebook on z10 issue.
    02-04-13 10:23 PM
    A workaround for now is to to Facebook via browser and set it to show most recent items in the time line

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-04-13 11:32 PM
    A workaround for now is to to Facebook via browser and set it to show most recent items in the time line

Seems legit for the time being. We'll have to wait til the new updates from Facebook...
    Last edited by Whitecaps; 02-05-13 at 12:15 AM.
    02-04-13 11:49 PM
    There is no way to PM a friend a photo in BB10 ether. That said FB in BB10 isn't short of ways to publicly post photo's.
    02-05-13 03:32 AM
    Nope when you are posting anything to Facebook you can choose to be public or not or share with a group of friends only

02-05-13 12:04 PM
    This worked for me. Now displays the most recent
    02-05-13 03:52 PM
    This worked for me. Now displays the most recent
    worked for me also.. thank you
    02-05-13 04:45 PM

Absolutely, and it is infuriating!!
    02-06-13 04:53 AM
    I too am having random posts from days ago, show up in recent posts. There needs to be a "most recent" feature ASAP. I'm glad I'm not the only one though
    02-06-13 07:16 AM
    Same issues for me.
    02-06-13 09:34 AM
    as previously mentioned what seems to work is log into your facebook account via the desktop and manual change from top posts (think its called) to most recently.. in my case it was set to the first so when i set it to most recent and logged out it magically updated on my fb app. now i get the most recent updates
    02-06-13 10:17 AM
    Where do you see the option to change from "top posts" to most "recent", can't seem to find that option here...

Edit: Found it. Looks like this does the trick, my z10 facebook app now shows the most recent posts and not select posts from the last week or so. Thanks to whoever figured this out.
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 02-06-13 at 11:00 AM.
    02-06-13 10:40 AM

I get this on my laptop using a normal browser so its definitley a Facebook isse and not related to the phone!
    02-06-13 10:51 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the BB10 facebook app doesn't appear to use push notification's . My wifes Iphone get's notifications on threads we have both posted in instantly, and then 10 minutes later my Z10 will get 3 FB notifications in one hit.
    The Facebook app on OS7 devices slowly improved and sharing posts was one of the more recent additions to the app. The app has historically been very poor, so much so that i generally always just use it in the browser on my 9900.

As for notifications, again this isnt new...its something that the app on OS7 doesnt do very well either to be honest!
    02-06-13 10:54 AM
    Have just changed the fb news feed on my pc to show most recent, and this has fixed fb on my blackberry as well as it's now showing most recent posts
    02-06-13 03:09 PM