So, I didn't update my facebook app and as everyone knows it stopped working a few days after April 1st. After it stopped working, when I opened the app it would just crash before loading a news feed. I just left it, didn't update or delete it and I noticed I was still getting all of me hub notifications. I never opened them because I generally use the mobile site to view Facebook, then today I accidentally opened one of the notifications. I completely expected it to shut down, but it loaded the comment. I thought it was interesting, then I hit the back button expecting it to take me back to the hub and it actually took me back to a refreshed, current news feed. From there, the app works just as it always had. Just thought I would share this in case it interest anyone.

Posted via CB10
    peregrineay likes this.
    04-07-16 08:13 PM
    I've experience this since March 24. My fb app just crashes after it opens but some messages still gets sent to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 09:42 PM
    yes it is working just fine for me! good thing i didn't update it for now
    04-07-16 09:55 PM
    Works as it always has here. I have v10.7.31.8 from betazone loaded. I do use the android version and need to see if someone has posted what the latest build of that we can load (with the latest loadable runtime)... but that's a search for another day.

I use the android version obviously for features that the native one lacks... one of my favorite is the ability to check into a location that you've checked into before without turning on location services. Anything to save some battery life. But I do like the native look, hub integration, and contacts so I'm glad it still runs as before.
    04-07-16 10:22 PM
    Haven't updated and don't plan on it. Works just as it always did, poorly but reliably poorly lol.

Posted via CB10
    bgregory902 likes this.
    04-08-16 12:21 PM
    I think the content in some of the feeds is causing the crash. When the problematic feed leaves your timeline the app stops crashing.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 06:06 PM
    My app crashed, then I restarted the phone and now it works just fine...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 02:04 AM
    I think the content in some of the feeds is causing the crash. When the problematic feed leaves your timeline the app stops crashing.

Posted via CB10
    Agree as it doesn't know how to handle the newer memories with, etc...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:21 PM
    Works as it always has here. I have v10.7.31.8 from betazone loaded. I do use the android version and need to see if someone has posted what the latest build of that we can load (with the latest loadable runtime)... but that's a search for another day.

I use the android version obviously for features that the native one lacks... one of my favorite is the ability to check into a location that you've checked into before without turning on location services. Anything to save some battery life. But I do like the native look, hub integration, and contacts so I'm glad it still runs as before.

From where can I get bar file for the FB app from beta zone?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-11-16 07:13 AM
    Working fine here also, messages in hub and app loads along with feed.

Facebook App version: 10.7.31.9

Passport
    Last edited by Mike_WasTaken; 04-13-16 at 12:46 AM.
    04-11-16 07:25 AM
    I'm using BlackBerry Q10, however whenever I open the 'Facebook App (v10.8.31.4)' it keeps redirecting me to the browser. I've tried un-installing and then re-installing it afresh yet its the same ****. Anyone with good ideas to deal with this PLEASE.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:31 PM
    I'm using BlackBerry Q10, however whenever I open the 'Facebook App (v10.8.31.4)' it keeps redirecting me to the browser. I've tried un-installing and then re-installing it afresh yet its the same ****. Anyone with good ideas to deal with this PLEASE.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you updated the app to the newest app version. The only way back now is to install the old bar file.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 03:03 PM
    I accidentally installed the newest version as well, and boy am I regretting it! How do I "install the old bar file"? Any instructions on how I can undo this mistake would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 06:13 PM