Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neely2005
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Facebook App Help!!

Ok the Facebook app was working great on my phone but since two days ago, on the news feed all its doing is repeating the same to story's in the feed and it doesn't matter how long I scroll down its the same two story's repeated over and over again, is anyone else having this problem!?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Same here, that's why I've side loaded the android facebook app it works great

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Might look into that idea

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

please explain "side loaded"? I am having the same trouble with my facebook app... didnt realize it as I was still getting notices etc.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bros3n View Post
    please explain "side loaded"? I am having the same trouble with my facebook app... didnt realize it as I was still getting notices etc.
    Go to the blackberry 10hub on the forum and click "Android app sideloading" and that should give you all the needed information

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

This is a known issue with Facebook itself not the App. You need to sign into the regular Facebook website and click the small triangle/arrow in the news feed to change from 'Top Stories' to 'Most Recent'. Once that is done the Facebook App will automatically update.

The bad news is that you have to do this every few days as the regular Facebook website keeps defaulting to 'Top Stories'.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

The issue that I'm having with the Facebook App is that when I try to use the 'Check In' feature nothing happens. The circle just spins and spins.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have no problem checking in with the app, it;s really the order of the news feed that frustrates me the most... just not usable!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

The Top Stories App is a Facebook issue not an App issue.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Facebook App Help!!

But why does it work well on my ipad iphone or even Nexus 4 or Nexus 7? Ive side load Facebook on my Z10 and my timeline is in order and i can see every posts , but when i use the one for the z10 it's all messed up and missing posts... How come?

Sent from my iPad 4G
    CrackBerry User

For those of you that are like my self, and find the native FB app annoying with its total random list of news on the news feed you should try:

fb.html5isready.com

It is a very nice browser based mobile version of Facebook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ok so I convinced my wife to drop the iPhone and get a Z10. That was no small feat and it is a great achievement due to the amazing BB10 revolution.

But...

While she loves the intuitive nature of the OS and understands that it is early and apps will come in due time, she is a heavy Facebook user. She told me today that this was the first time she wishes she had the iPhone again. She has several groups and this app doesn't sort posts. She set Facebook Mobile to sort most recent and while some success in the main feed, her groups aren't fixed this way and some groups have entire days worth of posts missing. What the **** is going on? I know it might be a Facebook issue but the delicate nature of the North American market, BlackBerry can't have this stuff happening. Get fb to fix it or do it yourself. Get it done.

Posted via CB10