Thanks Oliver, thanks for all your effort and keep going, BB10 deserves it !

Posted via CB10 with a mighty French Q10
    01-17-17 04:23 PM
    I see some post with double locations? Is this a bug or an issue with the posting party's app?
    Face10 - Facebook Alternative Client-img_20170117_174528_edit.png

Z30 10.3.2.556 USA
    01-17-17 04:47 PM
    Yup, thumbnail for links is still not working for me too. Guess it is not included in the latest update.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously, getting images to work with links would be great, but at this point, I would settle for no place holder at all. Seeing that giant blank square is far worse than just having the text of the link.
    01-17-17 04:52 PM
    Face10 - Facebook Alternative Client-img_20170117_130753.png
    Face10 still a big problem

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:06 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170117_130753.png 
Views:	572 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	415998
    Face10 still a big problem

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? The user here asks if all the updated apps are working fine. I cannot guarantee everything / all features will work for different users. I cannot guarantee a bug free app also.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 11:56 PM
    I mean your app still doesn't work right it's been a year how's that money flowing in how can you say buy my product but no Guarantee it works right

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 12:22 AM
    Anyone experiencing photos on newsfeed not displaying? Suddenly the photos on my newsfeed are not displaying. Display pictures of my friends are showing up correctly though.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 08:06 AM
    I installed the update on my Passport when I read about it. First I had the "empty newsfeed" problem others mentioned here before, but after the update that came little later that problem was solved.

It's good to see that Face10 finally got some love. It is far from perfect and by far not feature complete (since I've got my PRIV I can compare), but it is far better than having to deal with the mobile site.

Hence I strongly disagree with those who keep writing that the app is not worth its money. What do you expect? BB10 is a niche platform (if not less). If you want somebody to dedicate more time to such an app you'll have to pay that person. 3 bucks will not suffice. Maybe even 30 won't either. If that's something you can't deal with, get an Android or IOS device. As simple as that.

Even though my primary phone is a PRIV running Android I still love my two BB10 devices that I use on a regular basis when on business trips etc.
    01-18-17 09:47 AM
    I mean your app still doesn't work right it's been a year how's that money flowing in how can you say buy my product but no Guarantee it works right

Posted via CB10
    Because he's depended on the Facebook 3rd party API's that keep changing all the time.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 01-18-17 at 11:48 PM.
    01-18-17 03:48 PM
    I think it's time to upgrade maybe the priv will see but it's definitely not only me with problems with face10 maybe it's just people with the Z30 I'm not sure I know to many things in face10 don't work

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 10:33 PM
    Question: does face10 work within HUB, as in can I post from HUB?

Question: can I fully access groups and administer a group such as approve join requests?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 05:32 PM
    I downloaded and bought Pro version, all and all I don't understand the many disparaging reviews of Face10.

Even fb on Web browser is now wonky. Many times on Web version my wall link doesn't appear at top of page.

The one thing I'd like to see improved is when a notification for a Post from a Group comes up. Tapping on it takes you to the Group but not to the specific Post.

Kudo's to Face10 developer!

Posted via CB10
    mbert likes this.
    01-19-17 06:10 PM
    Anyone experiencing photos on newsfeed not displaying? Suddenly the photos on my newsfeed are not displaying. Display pictures of my friends are showing up correctly though.

Posted via CB10
    Am experiencing this problem. No photos on newsfeed. I just updated to the lates Face10 and the issue still remains.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 11:25 PM
    Am experiencing this problem. No photos on newsfeed. I just updated to the lates Face10 and the issue still remains.

Posted via CB10
    It sorted itself out for me. Didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 02:10 AM
    It sorted itself out for me. Didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, how long before it sorted itself out? I rebooted twice already.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 03:03 AM
    Just curious, how long before it sorted itself out? I rebooted twice already.

Posted via CB10
    A day or two? Honestly I just give up. Then tried it again one day.

But I also cleared Face10 cache, you can see it on the app's setting. That didn't help too but who knows. Maybe that triggered the fix after a couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 06:20 AM
    A day or two? Honestly I just give up. Then tried it again one day.

But I also cleared Face10 cache, you can see it on the app's setting. That didn't help too but who knows. Maybe that triggered the fix after a couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    True enough, after a day, half of the images appear. After two days, about 80% of the images now appear on my news feed. Hopefully after the third day all will already appear. Makes me wonder, maybe it's a timezone thing. When Nemory loads/refreshes the images he must have looked at the timestamp but didn't consider converting it to the local timezone. Since I am in a timezone that is basically a day ahead, it might have caused this issue. Just a theory, since I don't have access to the codes. Nemory?

This version is way better in all other aspects except for the image in newsfeed issue. Once this gets resolved then it's almost perfect for my usage already.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 07:08 PM
    Good morning guys!
    I'm experiencing a similar problem on myl Passport SE, but i could find out, that only certain kind of posts are not displayed:
    First, these are only shared links and second, only from specific sources like Slashdot and ScienceDump. Might be a timezone issue, as i'm located in Germany and those probably in the US. Interestingly, if i minimize the app, then in the minimized icon, the visible picture suddenly appears.
    Dan
    01-23-17 01:12 AM
    Good morning guys!
    I'm experiencing a similar problem on myl Passport SE, but i could find out, that only certain kind of posts are not displayed:
    First, these are only shared links and second, only from specific sources like Slashdot and ScienceDump. Might be a timezone issue, as i'm located in Germany and those probably in the US. Interestingly, if i minimize the app, then in the minimized icon, the visible picture suddenly appears.
    Dan
    Just an update. My Face 10 hasn't improve after a few days. It's still showing some images but not all images are shown.

Oliver? Any ideas? Or are you fixing this issue?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:46 PM
    Just an update. My Face 10 hasn't improve after a few days. It's still showing some images but not all images are shown.

Oliver? Any ideas? Or are you fixing this issue?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe those images that are not showing are from articles or links. If it is, then it is a known issue around here.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:49 PM
    Hi can you add Facebook live???

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    01-23-17 09:27 PM
    Maybe those images that are not showing are from articles or links. If it is, then it is a known issue around here.

Posted via CB10
    The images that are not showing on my phone are photos posted by friends. Well half of them are showing some are not. These are not links.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 02:20 AM
    I tried Face10 shortly after its introduction but decided that too many of the features I use were missing. I recently gave it another try and it has greatly improved. I have purchased the PRO version and am mostly happy at this point. The only real issue I have is that people's birthday wishes show up as individual posts in my "News Feed", rather than being aggregated under a single post per person with a birthday. I searched this thread and, although I saw several posts about birthday integration, I didn't see anything about this birthday behavior.

I have looked at the settings but don't see anything addressing how the birthday "wishes" show up in your feed. Is it normal in Face10 for every birthday wish to show up as a separate entry in the "News Feed"? If not, how do I get it to aggregate the birthday wishes into a single entry per person with a birthday rather than flooding my news feed with individual entries?
    01-25-17 05:05 PM
    Since the last Face10 update, photos in group feeds are not showing which is incredibly annoying when one is in several auction groups. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue?
    02-02-17 07:58 AM
    Nemory, any news? First let me say I love this app and I think of all the facebook apps out there this one is the best. But the problems with broken links drive you nuts. Also I have noticed in a few instances where when it should be a link to another user I actually see the text of an anchor tag. So, love everything you've done here, totally appreciate how hard it is to keep up a side project when you have to go to class or work as the case may be, I'd even pay more. Just want to know where things are. If it takes time it takes time. Just keep us in the loop.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 03:05 PM
3,400 ... 132133134135136