Any emulators for N64, SNES, NES, and Sega/Sega CD available for BB10?
    02-01-13 07:08 PM
    I have a Cascades front-end pretty much done for N64 on BB10. Watch for it soon, I'll be making a post about it. It includes keyboard, multiplayer(locally) and SD card support, per-rom settings, cheats, and multiple touchscreen controller layouts. All settings available without going through config files. The PlayStation emulator is working now too (few issues left) and I'll be doing a Cascades front-end for that also.
    02-01-13 09:46 PM
    I have a Cascades front-end pretty much done for N64 on BB10. Watch for it soon, I'll be making a post about it. It includes keyboard, multiplayer(locally) and SD card support, per-rom settings, cheats, and multiple touchscreen controller layouts. All settings available without going through config files. The PlayStation emulator is working now too (few issues left) and I'll be doing a Cascades front-end for that also.
    Amazing I can't wait, hopefully we see some GBA,NDS emulators as well.
    02-01-13 10:01 PM
    Sweet, can't wait! Hopefully it'll be ready by the time BB10 launches here is the US.
    02-02-13 09:16 AM
    That would be amazing!! Love all the work you devs do!

Make sure the crackberry team posts this for the masses to see.
    02-10-13 09:44 AM
    Thanks! Very close to release for both N64 and PS1. Hope to have it out this week.

Posted via CB10
    mgerbrandt likes this.
    02-18-13 08:05 PM
    I want a 3DS, GBA and GB one to play all my not wokring GB games and a few DS games.
    02-18-13 08:19 PM
    I don't think a 3DS emulator will be on a device for a long time. DS emulators are just starting to get to the point of running on ARM devices. Even still they are a ways out to be playable.

Game Boy and GBA exist on PlayBook though I never looked at them much.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:37 AM
    N64 would be great fun!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 01:00 AM
    First off, thanks Catalystg! We'd be waiting patiently!

And to answer your question fernandez21, I think I read somewhere that BlackBerry World does not support Emulators and Torrent apps. Thus, you can most likely sideload some of them, but you will definitely not see those in the BB World. That aside, as soon as I got my Z10, I tried to sideload a bunch of apps to it, and I know that SNES emulator works off the bat but with a few glitches. (you'll see the hit zones on the screen for the buttons but aside, it works fine).

If you can't find it online, lemme know and i'll share the BAR with you or if any devs willing to tweak it a bit well let me know as well.
    02-20-13 07:31 AM
    Any emulators for N64, SNES, NES, and Sega/Sega CD available for BB10?
    I've sideloaded all the emulators that worked on the playbook and they all work fine on the Z10. The only catch is that you have to launch the app while holding it in landscape mode, or it will crash.
    02-20-13 10:47 AM
    I've never tried this with my Playbook but would Bluetooth controllers work with BB10 devices while using these emulators?
    02-20-13 11:10 AM
    On BB10, some controllers are supported. They have to be generic BT HID devices, and not ones like the PS3 controller as I believe they have a special protocol. The emulator also has to specifically add support for them.

In my soon to be released N64 and PS1, BT keyboards are supported but controllers aren't yet as I don't have a compatible one to test with.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 01:49 PM
    On BB10, some controllers are supported. They have to be generic BT HID devices, and not ones like the PS3 controller as I believe they have a special protocol. The emulator also has to specifically add support for them.

In my soon to be released N64 and PS1, BT keyboards are supported but controllers aren't yet as I don't have a compatible one to test with.

Posted via CB10
    A good place to start is the Wii remote. It connects to the Z10 without issue, and there is game pad API and SDK available from BlackBerry online as well. I've been looking for a solution to this for some time now, but I lack the abilities of a developer LOL.

Hopefully something can be figured out with this. I know that the gamepad sample app can map controller configurations easily.

Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:35 PM
    I have a button mapping screen already for the keyboard so it's pretty straightforward to add the gamepad. It's just low on my list as I don't have a wiimote or other controllers.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:56 PM
    I have a button mapping screen already for the keyboard so it's pretty straightforward to add the gamepad. It's just low on my list as I don't have a wiimote or other controllers.

Posted via CB10
    I will gladly send you one of my extra wii controllers if it would help this feature to be developed. PM your shipping info if you like.
    02-20-13 10:19 PM
    Thanks for the offer. I don?t think that's needed though. If I can get someone with a controller to do a few beta tests that would probably be quicker. Once I release the emulators and I get some time I'll add controller support and post a test build.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the offer. I don?t think that's needed though. If I can get someone with a controller to do a few beta tests that would probably be quicker. Once I release the emulators and I get some time I'll add controller support and post a test build.

Posted via CB10
    That's amazing! I'd love to be a part of the beta test for that.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 07:49 PM
    I'd be more than happy to beta test as well. Let me know if you need any.
    02-22-13 05:35 PM