Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Catalystg
  • 1 Post By Catalystg
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,093 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Emulator support?

Any emulators for N64, SNES, NES, and Sega/Sega CD available for BB10?
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a Cascades front-end pretty much done for N64 on BB10. Watch for it soon, I'll be making a post about it. It includes keyboard, multiplayer(locally) and SD card support, per-rom settings, cheats, and multiple touchscreen controller layouts. All settings available without going through config files. The PlayStation emulator is working now too (few issues left) and I'll be doing a Cascades front-end for that also.
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

For more info on my current or future projects:
    CatalystG's Projects
    Thanked by 4:
    fernandez21 (02-02-2013),  Flip4Bytes (02-21-2013),  LiLAzNNewB (02-20-2013),  MarcVillemaire (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Catalystg View Post
    I have a Cascades front-end pretty much done for N64 on BB10. Watch for it soon, I'll be making a post about it. It includes keyboard, multiplayer(locally) and SD card support, per-rom settings, cheats, and multiple touchscreen controller layouts. All settings available without going through config files. The PlayStation emulator is working now too (few issues left) and I'll be doing a Cascades front-end for that also.
    Amazing I can't wait, hopefully we see some GBA,NDS emulators as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,093 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Sweet, can't wait! Hopefully it'll be ready by the time BB10 launches here is the US.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
    CrackBerry Newbie

That would be amazing!! Love all the work you devs do!

Make sure the crackberry team posts this for the masses to see.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks! Very close to release for both N64 and PS1. Hope to have it out this week.

Posted via CB10
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

CatalystG's Projects
    Thanked by:
    mgerbrandt (02-18-2013) 
    mgerbrandt likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,141 Global Posts

I want a 3DS, GBA and GB one to play all my not wokring GB games and a few DS games.
    Samsung Flip Phone (Busted)- >Another Samsung Flip (Tossed Into Camp Fire)- >BB Curve 8300 (Sold)- >HTC Dream (Cracked Screen)- >BB Curve 8900 (Been Through Hell, Still Kicking)- >Samsung Omnia 2 (Sold) BB Torch 9800 (Sold)- >BB Curve 9300 (Water Damaged)- >BB Storm (Clicker Broke)- >BB Playbook 16BG (Still Own)- >BB Torch 9810 (Alarm Clock)- >LG Optimus One (Gifted)- >BB Bold 9900 (Bricked and Never Came Back)- >BB Zed10 (Retired)- >BB Q5 (Girlfriends)- >BB Z30 (Currently Using)
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't think a 3DS emulator will be on a device for a long time. DS emulators are just starting to get to the point of running on ARM devices. Even still they are a ways out to be playable.

Game Boy and GBA exist on PlayBook though I never looked at them much.

Posted via CB10
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

CatalystG's Projects
    CrackBerry Abuser

N64 would be great fun!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

First off, thanks Catalystg! We'd be waiting patiently!

And to answer your question fernandez21, I think I read somewhere that BlackBerry World does not support Emulators and Torrent apps. Thus, you can most likely sideload some of them, but you will definitely not see those in the BB World. That aside, as soon as I got my Z10, I tried to sideload a bunch of apps to it, and I know that SNES emulator works off the bat but with a few glitches. (you'll see the hit zones on the screen for the buttons but aside, it works fine).

If you can't find it online, lemme know and i'll share the BAR with you or if any devs willing to tweak it a bit well let me know as well.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Any emulators for N64, SNES, NES, and Sega/Sega CD available for BB10?
    I've sideloaded all the emulators that worked on the playbook and they all work fine on the Z10. The only catch is that you have to launch the app while holding it in landscape mode, or it will crash.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've never tried this with my Playbook but would Bluetooth controllers work with BB10 devices while using these emulators?
    CrackBerry Abuser

On BB10, some controllers are supported. They have to be generic BT HID devices, and not ones like the PS3 controller as I believe they have a special protocol. The emulator also has to specifically add support for them.

In my soon to be released N64 and PS1, BT keyboards are supported but controllers aren't yet as I don't have a compatible one to test with.

Posted via CB10
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

CatalystG's Projects
    CrackBerry Newbie

On BB10, some controllers are supported. They have to be generic BT HID devices, and not ones like the PS3 controller as I believe they have a special protocol. The emulator also has to specifically add support for them.

In my soon to be released N64 and PS1, BT keyboards are supported but controllers aren't yet as I don't have a compatible one to test with.

Posted via CB10
    A good place to start is the Wii remote. It connects to the Z10 without issue, and there is game pad API and SDK available from BlackBerry online as well. I've been looking for a solution to this for some time now, but I lack the abilities of a developer LOL.

Hopefully something can be figured out with this. I know that the gamepad sample app can map controller configurations easily.

Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a button mapping screen already for the keyboard so it's pretty straightforward to add the gamepad. It's just low on my list as I don't have a wiimote or other controllers.

Posted via CB10
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

CatalystG's Projects
    CrackBerry User

I have a button mapping screen already for the keyboard so it's pretty straightforward to add the gamepad. It's just low on my list as I don't have a wiimote or other controllers.

Posted via CB10
    I will gladly send you one of my extra wii controllers if it would help this feature to be developed. PM your shipping info if you like.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the offer. I don?t think that's needed though. If I can get someone with a controller to do a few beta tests that would probably be quicker. Once I release the emulators and I get some time I'll add controller support and post a test build.

Posted via CB10
    Projects:
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB
    Mupen64Plus-PB

CatalystG's Projects
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for the offer. I don?t think that's needed though. If I can get someone with a controller to do a few beta tests that would probably be quicker. Once I release the emulators and I get some time I'll add controller support and post a test build.

Posted via CB10
    That's amazing! I'd love to be a part of the beta test for that.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,246 Global Posts

I'd be more than happy to beta test as well. Let me know if you need any.
    Hi, I'm Alex Bass - Website Designer, App Developer & Owner of CyberBytes Inc.
    I made the BFB Certified App Web Design Cheat Sheet using Native Cascades. The App is Free - More Info About WDCS
    ___

Web Design/Development Channel - C000BEB17 | WDCS App Channel - C000BEB17 (Sneak Peeks, Leaks, and More)
    Personal Twitter - @Flip4Bytes | Company Twitter - @CyberBytesInc