What does so called "default integration" Dropbox in BB10 mean?

I just wanted to automatically sync camera pictures to Dropbox and I can't.
    02-17-13 09:29 AM
    What does so called "default integration" Dropbox in BB10 mean?

I just wanted to automatically sync camera pictures to Dropbox and I can't.
    The API to auto sync in DROPBOX is not made public by dropbox. They made some API's available to third party for IOS and Android last week. and I think BB10 will implement when dropbox openup more api's to public.. You may try side loading latest Android version or wait for official app from dropbox
    02-17-13 09:59 AM
    integration is not function.... integration having the app bulit into the OS while function is detemined by how the app functions.....
    02-17-13 10:11 AM
    Whats the point of integration without functions?

Dropbox app for iOS or Android integrates with the system not the other way round and it works fine.
    02-17-13 11:21 AM
    Dropbox app for iOS or Android integrates with the system not the other way round and it works fine.
    That's absolutely incredible. I'm sorry if I make any typos, but I'm crying about this. These words are a thing of beauty.

On topic, DropBox sure is great!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 11:40 AM
    You can do auto-upload with Box. Comes with free 10gb and you can probably score a 50gb account for free right now. It works great.
    02-17-13 05:54 PM
    I was disappointed that my pics don't auto upload as I was used to that, but I'll give it time. I do like the Dropbox integration. It's easy enough to go into File Manager and copy things over.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:47 AM
    It's easy enough to go into File Manager and copy things over.
    Posted via CB10
    and over, and over, and over again?
    That's not the point
    02-18-13 07:23 AM
    Just switch to box. It auto uploads.
    02-18-13 12:00 PM
    Why would I do that?

I can as well switch to an android or iOS
    They auto upload
    02-18-13 12:18 PM
    Why would I do that?

I can as well switch to an android or iOS
    They auto upload
    See ya!
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    02-18-13 12:31 PM
    Don't see why some people do not like BOX, both Dropbox and Box are integrated by default,
    I have 50 Gb BOX account and set both pics and video to auto back up/upload on it, love it!
    02-18-13 12:58 PM
    Don't see why some people do not like BOX, both Dropbox and Box are integrated by default,
    I have 50 Gb BOX account and set both pics and video to auto back up/upload on it, love it!
    Dropbox has some advantages (like the ability to play media files and less file restrictions, and better tools for individuals (IMHO)).All things being equal (i.e assuming each platform ports had equal functionality), I'd prefer Dropbox, especially since I (and my organization) have been using it forever.

Camera uploads is a major feature for me; having said that, OP, Dropbox isn't bad from what I have heard on Z10.
    02-18-13 01:14 PM
    I don't have any bad feelings towards Box,
    but if you've already paid for dropbox, got used to dropbox, co workers and friends use dropbox etc
    there no incentive to switch to the service that offers nothing extra but cost more..
    02-18-13 01:38 PM
    Ah I see, let's hope Dropbox will have an update soon
    I don't have any bad feelings towards Box,
    but if you've already paid for dropbox, got used to dropbox, co workers and friends use dropbox etc
    there no incentive to switch to the service that offers nothing extra but cost more..

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 01:45 PM
    what's the point in cribbing here when Blackberry has done the best they could? you could do yourself and us all a favor by reaching out to dropbox and request them to release their app for bb10 sooner or release their api to auto sync for thrid party apps sooner or try sideloading an android version which according to many in the forums is a latest version.
    02-18-13 01:58 PM
    I first thought you needed help, but now see that this is just another wah wah post. Go back to your iphone kid
    02-18-13 03:19 PM
    I first thought
    you are overestimating your abilities

you could do yourself and us all a favor by reaching out to dropbox and request them to release their app for bb10 sooner
    Done that, have you?
    As a matter of fact I've contacted SugarSync as well.
    02-18-13 04:20 PM
    The closest thing I've seen is "Pin Dropbox" and it looks like that's the "favorite" feature in the mobile app for iOS and Android. BlackBerry needs to let its users know what "Pin Dropbox" means and how it works... and perhaps allow us to save our photos into a folder in the Pinned Dropbox so that we have automatic camera upload!!!
    08-07-13 02:02 PM
    I use Dropbox as my main file storage service, but currently use Box to auto upload pics/videos on BB10. If I ever want them on Dropbox, I can always just drag-drop them over. Although not perfect (for me), it will work until Dropbox releases APIs.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    08-07-13 11:53 PM
    Auto upload now available on native BlackBerry Connect to Dropbox app

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:13 PM